Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 286,314 times)

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 26, 2014, 03:18:06 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 26, 2014, 03:00:02 AM
the rumors are true that it's also going to tie together with the current 'Alien' trilogy of novels and Alien: Isolation, it could be pretty great (if they pull it off).

Remind me.. What rumors?

I asked Chris Roberson on Twitter just now if there will be any connections to the Titan books. Still waiting for a reply.

Aside from that, I don't know about any rumors other than speculation on here.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That's what I was referring to. People seeing the similarities between some of the comic artwork and the Amanda Ripley designs for Isolation, etc.

RakaiThwei

Okay.. So let's go over what we know..

No Super Predators.. No Preserve Planet.

Thank God for those being excluded... But something a bit crazy is being thought of in mind. This has me anxious.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 26, 2014, 03:23:46 AM
That's what I was referring to. People seeing the similarities between some of the comic artwork and the Amanda Ripley designs for Isolation, etc.

Gotcha!  :)

I will say though that the Aliens cover we got today put some of those Amanda Ripley thoughts to rest for me, assuming that it's supposed to be the same woman on both covers.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 26, 2014, 03:28:13 AM
I will say though that the Aliens cover we got today put some of those Amanda Ripley thoughts to rest for me, assuming that it's supposed to be the same woman on both covers.

I can definitely do without Amanda Ripley.

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 25, 2014, 09:14:23 PMLooks to be holding a Predator weapon. Very cool.  8)

Looks much more Engineer-esque. I wonder what the predator's ultimate prey is...an Engineer really does seem like the likeliest and most obvious choice, unless it's Galgo himself (I hope it isn't)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Mar 26, 2014, 03:49:01 AM
Looks much more Engineer-esque. I wonder what the predator's ultimate prey is...an Engineer really does seem like the likeliest and most obvious choice, unless it's Galgo himself (I hope it isn't)

Williamson did say early on that the Predator in this story is after a proverbial white whale. Of course that was back in October of 2013 when he said that, and since they said that this story is the last to be released... That might have changed.

But this Omega book... Hmmm..

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The Aliens/Predators/Black Goo are going to team up together on a suicide mission through the omega 4 relay to take on the collectors.

Ultramorph

As long as Omega isn't another attempt at a Terminator crossover, I'm good.

Corporal Hicks

I really love those cover arts. And that Engineer weapon!! I'm much more interested to see the interior art but feeling good about this atm.

happypred

Yes, interior art is what's most important

I'll never quite forget that feeling of disappointment I experienced when I saw TWW's interior art after I had been all hyped up by Swanland's cover art.

I also hope that the Galgo character doesn't upstage the predator in the Predator comic. I hope the focus is still on the predator albeit from Galgo's perspective...but I don't want the minseries to wind up being The Adventures of the Amazing Galgo

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Called it: an interview with Scott Allie and Chris Sebela about AvP. No new art though, sadly.

http://www.newsarama.com/20676-aliens-vs-predator-back-in-the-hunt-at-dark-horse.html

QuoteSebela's four-part Aliens Vs. Predator series follows two characters; a scientist named Francis, and an artificial being named Elden who is similar to Michael Fassbender's android, David, in the Prometheusfilm.

My guess is that Elden is the guy from the police line up teaser with the absurd 90:1 survival odds.

QuoteSebela said that while this series is set within the same universe as the previous Aliens and Predator films and comic series, it won't be tied down too strenuously to past stories.

!!!!!! Rakai, this is a good sign for them not changing Predator culture!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 26, 2014, 04:55:12 PM
QuoteSebela said that while this series is set within the same universe as the previous Aliens and Predator films and comic series, it won't be tied down too strenuously to past stories.

Rakai, this is a good sign for them not changing Predator culture!

.....I.. I don't know how to take that...

So this means that they're in the same universe as the old EU but they're not considering the AvP movies as canon, when.. Thrill of the Hunt and Civilized Beast are still set in that same universe which has elements of the AvP movie.. The f**k?

...Now I'm even more confused.. There goes what was my AVP Multiverse pet project. I was actually sort of hoping for a new continuity over all. Would've made things easier.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I just take it to mean that the reboot is set in a time period (the 2090s, I assume from what we know so far) when anything they do won't really impact on the old stuff very much. After all, that is about a century before the xenomorph infestation of Earth, which is really the point at which they would have to start seriously taking the old EU into consideration.

As far as the multiverse, I wouldn't discard it; there are still plenty of stories in the EU that will benefit. Anything involving the old Dark Horse interpretation of the Jockeys is a good example.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 26, 2014, 05:07:49 PM
I just take it to mean that the reboot is set in a time period (the 2090s, I assume from what we know so far) when anything they do won't really impact on the old stuff very much.

That much I can say is more than likely certain but throwing Prometheus in the old EU just makes things really, really confusing. Sure it's easy to set a story sometime around the 2090's but the fact of the matter is this would've been a better continuity which shouldn't be shoe horned into the old one. It just confuses things.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 26, 2014, 05:07:49 PM
As far as the multiverse, I wouldn't discard it; there are still plenty of stories in the EU that will benefit. Anything involving the old Dark Horse interpretation of the Jockeys is a good example.

Here is the thing about shoe horning the reboot comics into the old EU continuity. Some of the EU continuity does have elements or even directly references Charles Bishop Weyland, Weyland Industries and the events of AvP. The thing with that is.. Prometheus was supposed to ignore AvP and establish a new continuity, as was PREDATORS as well since Rodriguez said the movie was meant to ignore Predator 2 to AvP-R. Trying to tie in Prometheus with an EU which does has elements and sometimes even references AvP... It's really, really confusing. Especially if they didn't treat the AvPs as canon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed