Author
Currently Playing (Read 961,618 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Haven't seen that one.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Cal427eb on Aug 21, 2013, 02:24:22 AM
I think it had Leon in it and it started off in an airport. Is that the one?  :P

Yes that's the first one. Fuk that movie.

Second one is much better. Better pace, better action, better CG, much more in line with the tone of RE4, etc.

In other words it's f**king good.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Battlefield 3

Combat Efficiency Medal and Colonel Service Star 7.

I love you engineer.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut

I've put 12+ hours into the game, and I've only finished Episode 2. Damn.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

Just took the train into Mexico. That was one of the coolest sequences I've ever played in a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtVi3Xl2_K0#

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 21, 2013, 06:57:11 AM
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut

I've put 12+ hours into the game, and I've only finished Episode 2. Damn.

That game could be so freaky at times, that I'd have to stop playing for a couple of days. Along with the parts that had all the feels.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

So in Battlefield 3 I decided to be nice. It was 5-6 of us and only one of them on a conquest game. Things were quiet and I felt sorry for him getting owned because he was all alone so you know what I did? I switched teams and joined him, "I got your back"... seconds later he joins the other team and then I was stuck alone....

Spoiler
".... you, are an asshole."
[close]

Things are going downhill tonight...

Now I'm up against an entire team of shit buckets...

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals.

Just bought it for $40. It's Zelda and Final Fantasy all mish-mashed up into an incredible game.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

More Battlefield 3.

I'm now a Colonel Service Star 8 (there has been some points multiplier in place). I'm pretty close to getting flag attacker and flag defender medals.

I really love those conquest matches when there is no clear victor, when both teams put up a great fight and are pushing back and forth throughout the game.

Usually I get bored of this game because I just don't feel like what I'm using (class, weapons) is right for me. I'd try all sorts of things out and do research on the internet but I just wasn't finding it. Until now that is, I have been in love with the Engineer class and the M4A1 Carbine with foregrip and heavy barrel, my sidearm being the Rex. I've been very useful with my repair torch, using it both to keep our team vehicles in the fight and to run up close to enemy vehicles to sabotage and maybe even steal if I'm lucky. Then there is the rocket launcher of the class (SHAW or RPG), before I frowned on it as I'd always die with it trying to take tanks head on and then the tank would get back in the fight as if I did nothing serious. That tuned has changed as my chances of surviving and getting a tank kill are higher if I strike from a good ambush spot, if not a kill then at least I can disable it or even just give it something to worry about, hopefully team mates want to kill it too but that isn't always the case. The rocket launcher is also good for shooting at enemies shooting through the windows of buildings, not only do I take away a lot of cover but sometimes I even get kills, or you can use it to take out cover in general. There is a final use for the rocket launcher which takes some practice, shooting down enemy choppers. There are some bold and good pilots out there that like to fly close to flags, and I've been getting better and better at blasting them out of the air by predicting their movement, the best part is their flares can't do anything about it. True you could use an anti air launcher but they can be foiled by flares and they can't be used on ground targets.

Getting back into this game is making a choice so much easier for me. Battlefield 4 or CoD: Ghosts? Battlefield 4 hands down, no contest.

I'm taking a breather now.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Battlefield is and has always been so much the superior game over CoD garbage :laugh:

The weapon mechanics are much better, they actually have weight. Bullet physics are amazing, and make an attempt at realism that CoD never has managed. Class system allows for lots of different gameplay styles. Accurate suppression effects, grenade effects (sort of lol) atmospherics, etc... and then you have the vehicles and mostly destructible environments.

I mean I think it's the only game that's ever had a real suppression effect, like you get shot at and not only hear the bullets whizz and crack around you, but your screen gets blurry, sound gets a bit muted, and shit starts kicking up all around you. This mechanic alone creates an actual use for suppression in the game, covering fire, flanking, etc... No other game has ever even tried to do something like that, which earns a definite tip of the hat from me.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I've done some damage with the RPGs. On sharqi peninsula I shot down the little bird 4 times with the RPGS in one game. I've shot the Huey down once. It takes a lot of rounds to do it though, and that's if they don't die before you get them.
The best anti air squad load out I've noticed is two engineers and a recon. One engineer with the anti air launcher and the other with a javalin.  The recon guy should have the target designator to laze aircraft for the javalin. An ammo guy usually is nice for the fourth slot

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

A Lase + Javelin and an anti-air trooper would be devastating if all worked in concert. I would love to terrorize the skies with that squad!

You're almost useless as a 1-man anti-air platform, unless you set up your laser designator and switch classes to lase your own targets. Can you even do that? Lol not sure. You can set up spawn beacons for yourself, I know that.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: RagingDragon on Aug 21, 2013, 04:17:20 PM

I mean I think it's the only game that's ever had a real suppression effect
No, Red Orchestra 2 did it before BF3  ;)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

^That game is legendary for the realism it attempted, and I kick myself for never having played it.

nostalgicalgorithms

nostalgicalgorithms

I would not call Battlefields weapon ballistics realistic. While the weapons certainty do the type of damage we expect, both physics and weapon ballistics hardly behave in real life like they do in Battlefield 3. It's a decent attempt at mimicking the fast paced and violent nature of ground combat but nothing more.

I'm always confused when people talk about Battlefield being a simulation. If you want a different kind of challenge load up a classic like Operation Flashpoint. It's not perfect but it does a fair job at teaching real life military tactics.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed