TMNT vs Predator Fan Comic

Started by RakaiThwei, Jun 16, 2023, 09:44:25 PM

Author
TMNT vs Predator Fan Comic (Read 1,809 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

A few years ago, Andrew Modeen, a friend of mine has been dabbling in writing fan comics while also working with official Mirage artists such as Jim Lawson and Dan Berger to do the art for his comics-- specifically TMNT: Odyssey and TMNT: Origin comics.

Andrew wrote up a companion follow up story to TMNT: Odyssey with TMNT vs Predator. The story is a retelling of an encounter with between the Turtles and a Predator that took place in the year of 1989, set sometime during the Northampton storyline in the Mirage continuity.

For those of you rolling your eyes and maybe moaning about TMNT, I just want to say that these are not your pizza eating, catchphrase spouting fun loving TMNT. No, these are the Mirage Turtles that the Predator is fighting-- the Turtles that wear red masks, the Turtles that KILLED the Shredder and have no qualms about ending their enemies.

So, if you want something interesting to read... I present to you Andrew Modeen's TMNT vs Predator comic, the companion short to TMNT: Odyssey.

FULL COMIC
https://imgur.com/a/ZqcwUIc

SiL

SiL

Better than a lot of official comics!

But I feel there's a page missing

Spoiler
When the predators arm gets cut off?
[close]

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SiL on Jun 17, 2023, 09:53:28 AMBetter than a lot of official comics!

But I feel there's a page missing

Spoiler
When the predators arm gets cut off?
[close]

There's actually a reason for that. When I spoke to Andrew after he gave me the digital copy of the TMNT: Origin comic, which did have both the Shogun and TMNT vs Predator companion stories, he did tell me that he wished that he had more of the budget to have the artist draw more fight scenes between the Turtles and the Predator and he had to keep the fight between Leo and the Predator cut short. Hence, why it seems like there's a missing page.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Looks great and it's a crossover that sort-of makes sense.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 08, 2023, 10:42:23 AMLooks great and it's a crossover that sort-of makes sense.

I gotta ask how does it make sense? I like the crossover, but I'm curious to know from your view why it seems to mesh together.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 08, 2023, 05:56:56 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 08, 2023, 10:42:23 AMLooks great and it's a crossover that sort-of makes sense.

I gotta ask how does it make sense? I like the crossover, but I'm curious to know from your view why it seems to mesh together.
The simplest reason seems to be that both creatures have a fascination with the Samurai.
There's also the fact that a Predator would overpower a single Turtle, but the four of them would be a good match.
Many EU stories have the Predator hunting mythical creatures or mutants, so there's that as well.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 10, 2023, 12:49:50 PMThe simplest reason seems to be that both creatures have a fascination with the Samurai.
There's also the fact that a Predator would overpower a single Turtle, but the four of them would be a good match.

Many EU stories have the Predator hunting mythical creatures or mutants, so there's that as well.

In regards to the Mirage Turtles, I don't think it would be so easy for a Predator to just overpower one of the brothers just like that without stealthing them. I mean considering the feats which the Mirage Turtles do, they're practically super soldier level-- maybe slightly higher.

https://www.magneticferret.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32853-the-mirage-tmnt-respect-thread/

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 17, 2023, 02:58:06 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 10, 2023, 12:49:50 PMThe simplest reason seems to be that both creatures have a fascination with the Samurai.

In regards to the Mirage Turtles, I don't think it would be so easy for a Predator to just overpower one of the brothers just like that without stealthing them. I mean considering the feats which the Mirage Turtles do, they're practically super soldier level-- maybe slightly higher.

https://www.magneticferret.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32853-the-mirage-tmnt-respect-thread/
It would also depend on the Predator. An Elite like Dark or Wolf would have an easier time.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 17, 2023, 01:15:37 PMIt would also depend on the Predator. An Elite like Dark or Wolf would have an easier time.

Well, yeah. I mean it all and always depends on the rank of Predator.

Wolf, Dark, Broken Tusk, Smiley-- they would make quick work of any of the Mirage Turtles solely based on physical stats, skill, experience and weapons.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed