ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 398,834 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 13, 2016, 10:19:00 AMGot my copy in the mail today, it looks pretty great.

Really confused that you've received this as everyone (including Amazon, who I'm guessing you bought it from) still list it as being released in May.

felix

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 13, 2016, 05:04:27 PM
No I get that it's intended as an in-universe book, and the writing (mostly) does reflect that, it's more of the visuals paired with the writing and the way the pages are laid out. It doesn't actually feel like an official report.

Any special items attached to the book pages?

426Buddy

Amazon has it in stock and ready to ship when I look at it.

HuDaFuK

US Amazon has it ready to ship (despite saying it's not released until April 26, lol) but UK Amazon is still saying May 20.

Seems we may be getting a different release date over here.

Perfect-Organism

The dates for release on certain books seem to be all over the place.  I remember when I ordered Alien: River of Pain from Chapters.ca in Canada, the book arrived several weeks before it was released.

Xenomrph

Quote from: felix on Apr 14, 2016, 12:03:38 PM
No I get that it's intended as an in-universe book, and the writing (mostly) does reflect that, it's more of the visuals paired with the writing and the way the pages are laid out. It doesn't actually feel like an official report.

Yeah, I haven't gone page-by-page through the whole book yet but I've seen a few things taped to various pages. Morse's 'Star Beast' (I still wish they'd used the title 'The Dragon' but whatever), John J Marachuk's medical report, an official complaint from Lambert after Ripley refuses to break quarantine, etc.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 14, 2016, 08:31:54 PM

Yeah, I haven't gone page-by-page through the whole book yet but I've seen a few things taped to various pages. Morse's 'Star Beast' (I still wish they'd used the title 'The Dragon' but whatever), John J Marachuk's medical report, an official complaint from Lambert after Ripley refuses to break quarantine, etc.
Lambert lodged a complaint against Ripley?For following standard procedure.Ripley should have lodged a complaint against her for assault!

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Elmazalman on Apr 15, 2016, 03:02:58 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 14, 2016, 08:31:54 PM

Lambert lodged a complaint against Ripley?For following standard procedure.Ripley should have lodged a complaint against her for assault!

Yeah, she kinda didn't really have time for that.  Things kind of went sideways at that point.

But... If Lambert's report survived, then that should have corroborated Ripley's report n'est pas?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 15, 2016, 05:01:03 AMYeah, she kinda didn't really have time for that.  Things kind of went sideways at that point.

They had like 24 hours while Kane was lying in the infirmary getting face-humped...

swarm87

got my copy in the mail today; oddly some of the events in the "space beast" insert are out of order vs what happens in the film. also its pretty cool how it references alien out of the shadows and isolation but I would have liked if there was a little more information on the Sevastopol encounter given that WY bought the station(if there was enough time to get the information) and does the events of the origin project being left out mean that colonial marines if officially non canon?

Ultramorph

I got my copy today, and looking through it, I'm pleased that I didn't cancel my order like I was considering. I love how salty the section on Resurrection sounds at times. W-Y clearly has no respect for the USM.  :laugh:

SM

Quoteand does the events of the origin project being left out mean that colonial marines if officially non canon?

Correct.

FiorinaFury161

OMG. He returns. :D

Ultramorph

Reading through a bit more thoroughly, it's cool to see that the question of Michael Bishop gets addressed!

Also, we're getting pretty close to the foundation of the USM (2226) in the new Life and Death comics (2222), so I wonder if we'll see that at some point.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 15, 2016, 07:46:23 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 15, 2016, 05:01:03 AMYeah, she kinda didn't really have time for that.  Things kind of went sideways at that point.

They had like 24 hours while Kane was lying in the infirmary getting face-humped...

In Aliens, Ripley said that her crew was wiped out in less than 24 hours so one would presume that was from the moment of contact until Lambert's big moment.  But granted the officers could have snuck off to fill out all sorts of reports within that time before all the excitement.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed