Should Marijuana be legalized?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 15, 2016, 07:39:07 AM

Should Marijuana be legalized?

Only for medical patients with a prescription
No, It's illegal and should stay that way
Yes, for everyone both Medicinally and Recreationally
Author
Should Marijuana be legalized? (Read 9,886 times)

Perfect-Organism

This is a good collection of Bill Burr's perspectives on pot.  I think he's largely dead on.  If you think it's harmless to you, you must be flying high.

Inverse Effect

I'm a none smoker and i think it should be. Regulate it and tax it like Alcohol use, States then get profit from Taxable income and goods. Money goes back into state department for funds for schools and roads ect and less people are in Prison for use of the stuff. Less money goes into correction facilities.. Everyone wins.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Guts on Jul 22, 2017, 04:47:14 PM
I'm a none smoker and i think it should be. Regulate it and tax it like Alcohol use, States then get profit from Taxable income and goods. Money goes back into state department for funds for schools and roads ect and less people are in Prison for use of the stuff. Less money goes into correction facilities.. Everyone wins.

Exactly, thank you!

Local Trouble

What about all of the honest, hard-working employee of the prison-industrial system?

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 28, 2017, 05:24:36 PM

What about all of the honest, hard-working employee of the prison-industrial system?

They should be able to smoke it as well off duty just like they can with Alcohol or anyone else for that matter.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: Chronicle on Jul 28, 2017, 05:30:03 PM
They should be able to smoke it as well off duty just like they can with Alcohol or anyone else for that matter.
100%. The big dangers of marijuana - eating lots of food and going to sleep.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Huntsman on Aug 09, 2017, 07:55:50 AM

Well... it can exacerbate pre-existing conditions. But that's another reason to regulate.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Sabby on Aug 09, 2017, 01:09:13 PM

Well... it can exacerbate pre-existing conditions. But that's another reason to regulate.

"exacerbate pre-existing conditions"

I'm really curious Sabby, what do you mean by this exactly? I suffer from a mild form of Aspergers. My Dad used to tell me that smoking weed would make my symptoms worse but in reality all it did was calm me down and make me feel better. Sure I'm more of a slug if I smoke but it takes away my anxiety and social phobias.

Does it help you at all Sabby?

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Chronicle on Aug 10, 2017, 11:23:37 AM
Quote from: Sabby on Aug 09, 2017, 01:09:13 PM

"exacerbate pre-existing conditions"

I'm really curious Sabby, what do you mean by this exactly? I suffer from a mild form of Aspergers. My Dad used to tell me that smoking weed would make my symptoms worse but in reality all it did was calm me down and make me feel better. Sure I'm more of a slug if I smoke but it takes away my anxiety and social phobias.

Does it help you at all Sabby?

I don't have a comprehensive understanding of it, but I know some people just have an adverse reaction to it, for whatever reason. It's not a huge problem, but it is something in favor of regulation. I got the Auts and anxiety as well, so I'd want to know if those things come with a chance of making weed a bad time for me.

Gate

Gate

Can anyone clarify whether excessive marijuana smoking can lead to a loss in appetite? I'm actually trying to narrow down a problem with a friend of mine and I believe this may be the reason.

FiorinaFury161

Opiates lead to extreme loss/complete loss of appetite, never had that problem with dope tho. Excessive dope smoking always led me to the cookies, chips, water, and eventually a nice comfy bed with awesome dreams...

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Aug 10, 2017, 05:39:50 PM
Opiates lead to extreme loss/complete loss of appetite, never had that problem with dope tho. Excessive dope smoking always led me to the cookies, chips, water, and eventually a nice comfy bed with awesome dreams...

mmmmmm...sounds so commffy  :-* :-*

I mean even Walter suggests to Daniels to smoke cannabis as an effective form medicine against anxiety 

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 04, 2017, 07:25:38 PM
This is a good collection of Bill Burr's perspectives on pot.  I think he's largely dead on.  If you think it's harmless to you, you must be flying high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGzoSUGvNRw

Nothing is harmless.  If you drink too much water it will kill you.  The fact is, weed is much safer than alcohol, caffeine, cigarettes and many prescription medicines.  There has never been a fatal recorded overdose on weed.  Maybe I'm preaching to the choir, but it needs to be said.

Too bad Alphabay was shut down, I enjoyed a good smoke session, I'm sure another will soon be in its place, though.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 11, 2017, 12:21:37 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 04, 2017, 07:25:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGzoSUGvNRw

Nothing is harmless.  If you drink too much water it will kill you.  The fact is, weed is much safer than alcohol, caffeine, cigarettes and many prescription medicines.  There has never been a fatal recorded overdose on weed.  Maybe I'm preaching to the choir, but it needs to be said.

Too bad Alphabay was shut down, I enjoyed a good smoke session, I'm sure another will soon be in its place, though.
As long as we're on the same page about it, though. Marijuana smoke can cause cancer if inhaled over long periods of life time.

BlackMatter169

I live in Oregon, which has legalized it for common consumption. I used it a couple of times during a very dark period of my life. To be honest, I don't like the kind of people who have come out of the woodwork in the wake of its legalization here. Granted Oregon is a basket full of crazy anyways. I'd argue against it just to keep the crazy stoners at bay. However I can also safely say that I would've ended up killing myself had I not been able to use it to ease the extreme stress I was under at the time. So... yeah I'm in the middle. Hate the culture around it, but do recognize it as being helpful if it isn't abused. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed