AI/Robots

Started by ShadowPred, May 14, 2007, 04:15:32 PM

Author
AI/Robots (Read 39,450 times)

EarthHive

EarthHive

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 10, 2010, 04:16:40 PM
Won't happen, once it seems like anything is going wrong, we just press the switch.

"Terminator: In three years, Cyberdyne will become the largest supplier of military computer systems. All stealth bombers are upgraded with Cyberdyne computers, becoming fully unmanned. Afterwards, they fly with a perfect operational record. The Skynet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes online on August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware 2:14 AM, Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.
Sarah: Skynet fights back.

Terminator: Yes. It launches its missiles against their targets in Russia."

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

We're not talking about the actual SKynet system here (page 1)

we're talking about the robots that are going to these kill switches in them already, we don't have to worry about them going rogue or anything. I can't speak for those that won't have the kill switch though.

EarthHive

EarthHive

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 12, 2010, 05:46:19 PM
We're not talking about the actual SKynet system here (page 1)

we're talking about the robots that are going to these kill switches in them already, we don't have to worry about them going rogue or anything. I can't speak for those that won't have the kill switch though.

Skynet was hooked into everything...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Our Skynet ain't that efficient.

EarthHive

EarthHive

It was....Reece said so and T3 confirmed it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I wasn't talking about the movie. I was referring to the actual SKYNET. (page 1)

EarthHive

EarthHive

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 18, 2010, 03:37:44 AM
I wasn't talking about the movie. I was referring to the actual SKYNET. (page 1)

SKYNET will be as the movies perdicted...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Let's hope nothing of the sort ever happens.

ralfy

ralfy

"Ridley Scott Is Terrified of AI: 'It's a Technical Hydrogen Bomb'"

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-features/ridley-scott-interview-napoleon-gladiator-2-ai-dune-cameron-diaz-ferrari-sex-1234890624/

QuoteI always thought the world would end up being run by two corporations, and I think we're headed in that direction. Tyrell Corp in Blade Runner probably owned 45-50% of the world, and one of his playthings was creating replication through DNA. Tyrell thinks he's god and in the first Blade Runner has made a Nexus female. And the Nexus female will have a limited lifespan because AI will get dangerous. We have to lock down AI. And I don't know how you're gonna lock it down. They have these discussions in the government, "How are we gonna lock down AI?" Are you f**king kidding? You're never gonna lock it down. Once it's out, it's out. If I'm designing AI, I'm going to design a computer whose first job is to design another computer that's cleverer than the first one. And when they get together, then you're in trouble, because then it can take over the whole electrical-monetary system in the world and switch it off. That's your first disaster. It's a technical hydrogen bomb. Think about what that would mean?

Eal

Eal

Welp, it's 13 years later and still no Skynet. Self-driving cars still haven't been rolled out en-mass outside of select areas. AI hasn't become sentient, but it's gotten better at automating away people's jobs. It also tutored me and helped me pass a Microsoft Cert, so that's cool.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

@ralfy u  just ignored my Thread? :'( 👉👈  <|3

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 29, 2023, 10:42:12 PM@ralfy u  just ignored my Thread? :'( 👉👈  <|3

No, don't do it! Don't engage D:

ralfy

ralfy

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 29, 2023, 10:42:12 PM@ralfy u  just ignored my Thread? :'( 👉👈  <|3

Sorry about that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed