AI/Robots

Started by ShadowPred, May 14, 2007, 04:15:32 PM

Author
AI/Robots (Read 39,451 times)

Nychus

Nychus

Quote from: gameoverman on Jul 06, 2007, 11:44:28 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 05, 2007, 06:18:26 PM
All I can say is that we are totally f'd. Just like your signature...that's literally what i will say.

Don't worry ShadowPred, the animals probably thought the same thing when humans started getting intelligent.
Actually, that's not exactly the case. Animals don't really give a damn about humans because they mainly work with instincts, their any "thoughts" that may resemble ours being insignificant when compared to what we've got. The thing is, we're just as lousy to take responsibility for our more capable abilities as other lifeforms. That's why we get along so badly with everything else on this earth. And that's probably another reason for why a computer wouldn't need our kind, because it doesn't have instincts to curtain it's own responsibilities while ours do. We're over-intelligent yet feel no liability for the consequences of what we've done to planet Earth. And that's harmful, probably not for life by a whole, but to our own existence. That's why some futuristic computers with more enviromentally durable processors(the ones we have now in computers break easily in hostile environments) will be superior to us.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Dekapitator on Jul 09, 2007, 01:20:07 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 22, 2007, 03:36:33 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/technology/technology.html?in_article_id=450892&in_page_id=1965

"Speaking through Geminoid, he says, has become natural, an extension of himself."

How pathetic.

Yes, already we are losing the fight against the machines.

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

Well at least robocop is on our side. ;D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: XENO ALIEN on Jul 09, 2007, 08:00:56 PM
Well at least robocop is on our side. ;D

Until they make it operate by itself....then it will turn on us. Terminator: FUTURE Documentary

Nychus

Nychus

QuoteYes, already we are losing the fight against the machines.
*randomly babbles in Finnish*Anna mun kaikki kestää.........

Seriously, what I think will "really happen" is humans bonding with machines in order to function better and truly serve a greater purpose to their own survival and productivity. If most of us truly fail to realize the value of doing that they may just as well dig their own graves in preparation. We won't stay on Earth forever. And, in space, your ordinary, non-modified body will disintregate in time, your organs seizing to function properly in the inexistant gravity, the endless bombardment of radiation quaranteeing cancer cell development in the body. WE will turn to machines. This babble about "machines wiping out humanity with their own plans" is silly as heck. And don't start with that "machines don't fit to human bodies/will break in use and kill us" because this IS our ultimate destiny and our machine technology will be durable in time.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I hope to god that Machines will be used to help us, Stephen Hawking did say that they will become self aware in about 100 years time...so I hope for that generation that AI won't turn against them.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 10, 2007, 12:46:42 PM
I hope to god that Machines will be used to help us, Stephen Hawking did say that they will become self aware in about 100 years time...so I hope for that generation that AI won't turn against them.

Either way will be fun.  A human/machine war like in Terminator would be awesome.  Or if they are friendly - they clean the house.  Good either way I guess. 

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

How the heck would a human vs. machine war be awesome and good? It would bring nothing but bad things such as death, misery etc.
Humanity has caused enough problems for itself and the whole world, a war against machines would be the last thing we'd need.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

FUN?!  How the hell would it be fun to fight against AI

Here are the main things that I am worried about that are actually happening.

If you've seen my links one guy made a duplicate of himself as a robot that talks to him and stuff.

AI is being programmed to predict what we are thinking and what we will do.

SKYNET (read first post on thread)

AI is being programmed to learn how to adapt to thier surroundings, not sure about situations but that may come true soon.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Dekapitator on Jul 10, 2007, 01:07:57 PM
How the heck would a human vs. machine war be awesome and good? It would bring nothing but bad things such as death, misery etc.
Humanity has caused enough problems for itself and the whole world, a war against machines would be the last thing we'd need.

Well for one thing we are already slaves to the nation state.  A vastly intelligent AI would be a better ruler than what we have now!

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Or they would just see us as insignificant, weak creatures and wipe us all out.

Nychus

Nychus

Unless, to repeat myself, we bond with them and become human cyborgs.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Dekapitator on Jul 11, 2007, 07:18:12 AM
Or they would just see us as insignificant, weak creatures and wipe us all out.

Who knows what an AI with one million times plus more cps capacity than the human brain will be thinking.   

SM

SM

QuoteI hope to god that Machines will be used to help us

Machina ex deus.

ShadowPred

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed