Brand new PROMETHEUS Facebook App!

Started by Cvalda, Apr 05, 2012, 10:11:23 AM

Author
Brand new PROMETHEUS Facebook App! (Read 32,239 times)

nendo

nendo

Theres times on all saying 7 days i think. But there are 2 with large numbers not related to time.

But the temple picture with the spiral. I don't think its actually part of the building. It could be an effect of the holographic table turning on or changing what hologram is being displayed.

Predaker

Thanks for the cool pics...

Will David be able to explore places where others can't go?  ;D I noticed his helmet in one hand during the shot of him walking into a room all alone. I assume androids don't need to breathe, but I could be wrong. Some of the pics show them all without helmets. I guess I will have to wait for the movie!

Anyone have a theory or some insight on this matter?

ThisBethesdaSea

I will say...my only 'not again' moment in terms of the plot of Prometheus is the 'earth is in trouble, we must save it.'. That's a bit tired in my opinion....and it's been done to death so much, I'm not sure how fresh they can make it.

Zeta Reticuli

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 05, 2012, 05:17:35 PM
Thanks for the cool pics...

Will David be able to explore places where others can't go?  ;D I noticed his helmet in one hand during the shot of him walking into a room all alone. I assume androids don't need to breathe, but I could be wrong. Some of the pics show them all without helmets. I guess I will have to wait for the movie!

Anyone have a theory or some insight on this matter?

Spoiler
they will be able to take off their helmets because there is an earthlike atmosphere inside the temple. this was said in the Empire article i think.
i think it also said Holloway is the first one who takes it off, because he's such badass dude.
[close]

ThisBethesdaSea

More like he's a 'look before you leap' kinda guy...hence his later infection.

LarsVader

Those are the dates the countdowns are running to:

Tue Apr 3 00:01:00 UTC-0100 2012
Wed Apr 11 00:01:00 UTC-0100 2012
Wed Apr 18 00:01:00 UTC-0100 2012
Wed Apr 25 00:01:00 UTC-0100 2012
Wed May 2 00:01:00 UTC-0100 2012
Wed May 9 00:01:00 UTC-0100 2012
Wed May 16 00:01:00 UTC-0100 2012
Wed May 23 00:01:00 UTC-0100 2012
Wed May 30 00:01:00 UTC-0100 2012

Glaive

Glaive

Anyone worked out how to 'like' this badboy yet?

boostedlsj

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 05, 2012, 05:26:44 PM
More like he's a 'look before you leap' kinda guy...hence his later infection.

You mean "Leap before you look"?

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Glaive on Apr 05, 2012, 02:44:01 PM
Quote from: Eva on Apr 05, 2012, 02:20:17 PM

David holding the Earth in his hands... some symbolism here perhaps...?

Atlas? (shrugs)

Oh sure, but we sort of got that vibe with the trailer footage.

I was thinking more... what does David think when he's holding the Earth and next thing that happens, is the engineer emerging to take him out (speculation)... Is there a moment where David literally believe he holds the fate of Earth and mankind in his hands - that he's the only one who can stop the engineer from taking off?

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Nightmare Asylum

Are the left and right sides cut off for anyone else? I clicked on the Prometheus + button, and it opens up some text, but I can see the beginning or the end of the lines.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 05, 2012, 08:45:15 PM
Are the left and right sides cut off for anyone else? I clicked on the Prometheus + button, and it opens up some text, but I can see the beginning or the end of the lines.

For me it just says:

Join the "Discovering Prometheus" journey where you will be led to exclusive reveals and activities fromthe groundbreaking mythology.

Nothing else happens. There's a cross in the yellow box, just above the text to the right, gets you back to the orbs (or planets as some call them) ok?

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: RoaryUK on Apr 05, 2012, 08:51:11 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 05, 2012, 08:45:15 PM

For me it just says:

Join the "Discovering Prometheus" journey where you will be led to exclusive reveals and activities fromthe groundbreaking mythology.

Nothing else happens. There's a cross in the yellow box, just above the text to the right, gets you back to the orbs (or planets as some call them) ok?

Yup, same here...for an app it's surprisingly 'user-unfriendly'...

...but maybe that's the point.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Here's the US version of the app:
https://apps.facebook.com/starmap_us/

You can direct download the new stills from it, but they aren't any bigger than whats displayed in the app itself.

BetterDuckJMG

@zuzuki - I believe the vertical tunnel in the derelict is an elevator shaft. There is a shot in the trailer of David with his back facing us and a red mapping orb hovering in front of him. The wall David is facing is moving upward indicating David's descent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed