Remember When The Aliens Had A Home World?

Started by XenoZipper, Sep 04, 2016, 05:05:35 PM

Author
Remember When The Aliens Had A Home World? (Read 2,405 times)

Xenomania

Quote from: XenoZipper on Sep 05, 2016, 02:21:15 AM
Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 05, 2016, 01:38:47 AM
Quote from: XenoZipper on Sep 04, 2016, 05:05:35 PM
These pages are from the comic "Aliens:Theory of Alien Propagation"

Ok enough about that, kind of derailing there, thanks for putting those scans Xenozipper, I remember reading that for the first time and thinking damn, wish there was more to see and read. A series strictly with only Aliens and/or other aliens or their ecosystem would make for a nice comic/series.

Wasn't really derailing there. Was just letting people know where the pages came from in case anyone was wondering or hasn't read it that's all. I could deal with a series strictly on the aliens and others. Doesn't always need to be humans there for me personally. Text dialogue like how that comic went would work fine for me.
Planet Alien, narrated by David Attenborough. ;D

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomania on Sep 05, 2016, 02:20:22 AM
I'd have a hard time wrapping my head around them being herbivores though. :D In Alien 3 during the tunnel chase at the end, the alien spends a lot of time mauling Gregor (the guy who was with Morse) after killing him. Perhaps it was eating him?

The aliens are silicon-based biomechanoids.  It's possible they actually feed on inorganic materials like stone, metal and plastics and simply use organic species to breed within.  After all, the corpses of their hosts in Aliens were apparently left to rot.

Nostromo

Quote from: XenoZipper on Sep 05, 2016, 02:21:15 AM
Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 05, 2016, 01:38:47 AM
Quote from: XenoZipper on Sep 04, 2016, 05:05:35 PM
These pages are from the comic "Aliens:Theory of Alien Propagation"

Ok enough about that, kind of derailing there, thanks for putting those scans Xenozipper, I remember reading that for the first time and thinking damn, wish there was more to see and read. A series strictly with only Aliens and/or other aliens or their ecosystem would make for a nice comic/series.

Wasn't really derailing there. Was just letting people know where the pages came from in case anyone was wondering or hasn't read it that's all. I could deal with a series strictly on the aliens and others. Doesn't always need to be humans there for me personally. Text dialogue like how that comic went would work fine for me.

The aliens have been shown to eat pig before in the past so I can assume they do eat. Maybe they just don't need much to sustain themselves. We don't know how they work inside at all.

Lol no, I meant I was derailing with the gorilla alien rant. I'll go rephrase it, negatron.

XenoZipper

In Alien 3 during the tunnel chase at the end, the alien spends a lot of time mauling Gregor (the guy who was with Morse) after killing him. Perhaps it was eating him?

That's what I always thought was happening.

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 05, 2016, 02:52:53 AM

Lol no, I meant I was derailing with the gorilla alien rant. I'll go rephrase it, negatron.

Fair enough, no reason to rephrase as you cleared up what you meant already. Maybe I just misread wrong & I thought you meant I was derailing from the topic.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 05, 2016, 02:42:39 AM

The aliens are silicon-based biomechanoids.  It's possible they actually feed on inorganic materials like stone, metal and plastics and simply use organic species to breed within.  After all, the corpses of their hosts in Aliens were apparently left to rot.

I like the sound of that!

proto leech

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 05, 2016, 02:42:39 AM
I'd have a hard time wrapping my head around them being herbivores though. :D In Alien 3 during the tunnel chase at the end, the alien spends a lot of time mauling Gregor (the guy who was with Morse) after killing him. Perhaps it was eating him?

I still like the living battery theory best. No direct need for ingesting biomass past the chesterburster stage, theyre already defying scientific laws growing as fast as they do with no outside foodsource. That and surviving in vacuum are two things id love to become mainstream canon.

Reverse engineered lovecraftian horror is a better origin than natural evolving space bug or a simple engineer weapon imo

SM

The Queen survived in vacuum on the trip back to the Sulaco.

windebieste

I get the Queen can survive in space. No problem there; but how does the physics behind her 'trip back to the Sulaco' work?

Does the Queen have attitude jets to change her trajectory to return to the ship?  Did the Sulaco (effectively a giant battleship without a rudder) circle around and pick it up?  What's the chances of these 2 objects even crossing each others paths in 3D space?

Coz my understanding is once you exert a force upon a body in space it keeps moving in that direction unimpeded unless you exert another force upon it to change direction. 

Would like to know how this was accomplished. 

-Windebieste.

SM

On the dropship.

windebieste

Ah, you mean the dropship getting back to Sulaco; and not the Queen getting back to it. 

Fair call.  My misunderstanding of what you meant. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 05, 2016, 12:48:40 AM
Yeah, I recall this as well (the book, not what Rakai is saying) I think Genocide kind of implies that a hiveworld is what happens when Aliens overrun a world completely. That was a good book!

I prefer the idea of there being many worlds overrun by the Aliens in the depths of the galaxy. Maybe more towards the centre, orbiting the older stars where older civilizations once lived. I'd like it if we never encountered the true homeworld but we come across hiveworlds. I do hope we get to see something like a hiveworld on screen someday, a true Gigeresque landscape.

Local Trouble

Quote from: King geedorah on Sep 05, 2016, 05:18:04 AMI still like the living battery theory best. No direct need for ingesting biomass past the chesterburster stage, theyre already defying scientific laws growing as fast as they do with no outside foodsource.

What's the living battery theory and how does it sidestep the biomass issue?

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2016, 08:22:37 AM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 05, 2016, 12:48:40 AM
Yeah, I recall this as well (the book, not what Rakai is saying) I think Genocide kind of implies that a hiveworld is what happens when Aliens overrun a world completely. That was a good book!

I prefer the idea of there being many worlds overrun by the Aliens in the depths of the galaxy. Maybe more towards the centre, orbiting the older stars where older civilizations once lived. I'd like it if we never encountered the true homeworld but we come across hiveworlds. I do hope we get to see something like a hiveworld on screen someday, a true Gigeresque landscape.
Ditto on all of this.

Rambo

I agree this was one of the better directions the comics ever took the series. It's a shame Prometheus has done so much to misalign the revival of the franchise with these possible plots the early comics set up for us.

The universe starts to feel smaller when you start folding everything up into single (simple) origin story.

Vermillion

....And the Space Jockeys looked like biped elephants.

Before the dark times.
Before the empire.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed