Dark Horse Releasing 'Aliens The Original Comic Series Vol 2'

Started by Russ840, Oct 06, 2016, 10:59:33 AM

Author
Dark Horse Releasing 'Aliens The Original Comic Series Vol 2' (Read 18,674 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 18, 2017, 11:28:20 AM
As I posted above. There is no mention of those in the contents page.

Seen as in Vol 1, 'Lucky' was listed in the contents page, it would be safe to assume that they would be listed in this volume, if included.

Sadly, I don't think we are getting them  :'(

Bugger. Its stupid to have left those out I feel

Russ840

Agreed. More so for Countdown.

At least with 'The Alien', they could include that in a hypothetical Vol 3, collecting Genocide and Harvest/Hive. It could be a good prologue.

Should have been in Vol 2 though, to cap the story off.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 18, 2017, 11:31:17 AM
Agreed. More so for Countdown.

At least with 'The Alien', they could include that in a hypothetical Vol 3, collecting Genocide and Harvest/Hive. It could be a good prologue.

Should have been in Vol 2 though, to cap the story off.

Agreed

Russ840

I'm still holding false hope that the contents page preview is a mock up and we will get that extra content.

SM

Including The Alien would wreck what was ultimately a fairly satisfying end to a pretty dodgy final instalment.

HuDaFuK

It would explain why the Engineer orbiting Earth vanished though.

Russ840

Russ840

I think that it would work either at the end of Vol 2 and the beginning of Vol 3. Without it in one of the vol's though, there would be a terrible gap in the story.

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 18, 2017, 12:05:09 PM
It would explain why the Engineer orbiting Earth vanished though.

It didn't vanish.  Newt talks about it on the second last page and effectively ties things up.  It's still in orbit and can be dealt with in a later story.  Just not this particular volume which ends with worldwide detonations seen from orbit.  The Alien says only a few old fission bombs were detonated, thus undermining the conclusion of Earth War.

Prez

Prez

Got it on the weekend. It's big and beautiful. It only contains Nightmare Asylum & Earth War - no extras but some nice covers collected at the end.

Interesting to note that elsewhere in this forum (http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55248.0) I found the Omnibus edition included an extra panel in Aliens Nightmare Asylum by Denis B - the one full page image of Spears admiring a Xeno in one of those Stasis tubes - however in this collected Hardcover edition doesn't include it - in fact there is an odd blank page around where that panel was previously printed.

Corporal Hicks

Just found out my local has my copy in! Guess where I'm going after work!  ;D

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 18, 2017, 01:33:52 PM
Just found out my local has my copy in! Guess where I'm going after work!  ;D

It's big!!! Looks great on my shelf next to the Collected Fire & Stone Hardback too.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BS5dijMlAuH/?taken-by=waynepsaila

Corporal Hicks

So you're Wayne! I don't know why I never noticed the Prez in your nicknames before.

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 18, 2017, 01:43:24 PM
So you're Wayne! I don't know why I never noticed the Prez in your nicknames before.

Hahaha. Yes! The notorious Wayne! That nickname is a long, long story ...

Russ840

Quote from: Prez on Apr 18, 2017, 01:29:42 PM
Got it on the weekend. It's big and beautiful. It only contains Nightmare Asylum & Earth War - no extras but some nice covers collected at the end.

Interesting to note that elsewhere in this forum (http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55248.0) I found the Omnibus edition included an extra panel in Aliens Nightmare Asylum by Denis B - the one full page image of Spears admiring a Xeno in one of those Stasis tubes - however in this collected Hardcover edition doesn't include it - in fact there is an odd blank page around where that panel was previously printed.

That's really disappointing.

I'm a little taken back by the lack of completion here.

I suppose this is reprinting the original books and that extra page is from the re released edited versions of the book. Perhaps they are releasing exactly as originally intended.

So no directors cut here   :laugh:

Ultramorph

#JusticeforWilksandBillie!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed