ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 399,093 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 12, 2014, 04:25:40 PMSo it looks like I was right, the book isn't going to be a simple regurgitation of stuff we already know from the movies but will actually bring us new stuff as well.

Like Vincent's first name.

predxeno

predxeno

Make fun if you will but it was still a ludicrous idea to believe that this book would function solely as an art book.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 12, 2014, 04:55:40 PMMake fun if you will but it was still a ludicrous idea to believe that this book would function solely as an art book.

Actually that was just a bit of good-natured ribbing, I'm thoroughly excited for this book. I love all that background stuff. In fact I was secretly hoping it might shed some more light on the prisoners of Fury.

predxeno

Oh, looks my lack of social life screwed me over on that one, lol.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 12, 2014, 05:33:31 PMOh, looks my lack of social life screwed me over on that one, lol.

My fault, I missed the :) out of my post!

SM

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 12, 2014, 04:55:40 PM
Make fun if you will but it was still a ludicrous idea to believe that this book would function solely as an art book.

Who ever said it was going to be an "art book"?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 12, 2014, 04:37:48 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Nov 12, 2014, 04:25:40 PMSo it looks like I was right, the book isn't going to be a simple regurgitation of stuff we already know from the movies but will actually bring us new stuff as well.

Like Vincent's first name.

Using the Aliens precedent and basing it on Mark Anthony Newman IIRC.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Nov 12, 2014, 09:01:42 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Nov 12, 2014, 04:55:40 PM

Who ever said it was going to be an "art book"?

I probably came the closest...

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 26, 2014, 07:20:34 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 25, 2014, 12:02:48 AM
Isn't this book worth it for the artwork alone?

The last Alien artbook I bought was the Darkhorse Panel-To-Panel book and that was only $20, but as I said I think the Wey-Yu Report will have more detailed info than most people here currently think.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Nov 12, 2014, 09:01:42 PMUsing the Aliens precedent and basing it on Mark Anthony Newman IIRC.

Does that mean we can finally identify his ass on screen, through the actor?

SM

SM

Don't know.  Mark Newman and Nick Gillard in the bug wash at the start of the AC with Kevin, but as far as I know neither have been indentified as specific prisoners (the script just says "three prisoners").  And the body the Alien is nomming when Kevin finds it to start the bait and chase can't be identified as black or white (Newman is black).

Xeno Alpha may know more.

The book plays up the Vincent Enigma (TM).

HuDaFuK

Also some of those guys don't have names that link to the actor e.g. Yoshi Troy.

SM

Or Arthur Walkingstick.  ;D

HuDaFuK

Is that even a valid name in... wherever he's from? Or anywhere?

Also David Postlethwaite made me smile.

SM

I don't know Deobia Oparei's heritage (if I had to guess I'd say west African), but I think the Walkingstick name is native American.

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 12, 2014, 09:32:29 PM
Also some of those guys don't have names that link to the actor e.g. Yoshi Troy.

This is one of the largest cast pics I've seen from ALIEN3. Vincent might be the guy who is looking away ;)

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Nov 12, 2014, 09:26:46 PM
The book plays up the Vincent Enigma (TM).

I'm not familiar with that.  What's the mystery?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed