how would you fix the aliens

Started by The Runner, Aug 29, 2012, 02:27:35 AM

Author
how would you fix the aliens (Read 10,912 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

f**kin' A, game types.  Game types!!  One of the only things I really love about Call of Duty, all of the different game modes.  If you get bored, you can just switch modes, and they each play a bit differently.

I think that's also what made AvP2 a huge success, besides the stellar campaign.  DM, TDM, Survivor, Overrun, Evac, Hunt, and with options like life cycle and 3 species.  Mmm mmm...  I could wish for so much variety with A:CM, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Didn't they say somewhere that there is only five game modes, if so we've seen TDM and escape, leaving only three more to be revealed.
One thing that has me suprised is that it doesn't look like there'll be a horde mode in this, would be great now that we can weld doors and use turrets.

FightFinda

FightFinda

What makes you think there won't be a horde mode?

Nightlord

Nightlord

Just that there has been no mention of one at all, course there is still a few months left for them to announce one, fingers crossed.

newbeing

newbeing

http://www.livestream.com/electronicarts/video?clipId=pla_a70e0295-f084-46c5-9106-0ad601d63104

skip to 14:04. Brian Burleson basically says yes that is what we'll get.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

God, the maps could kill this game.  It looks like it's shaping up alright, barring the things we've already talked about, but they keep showing that outdoor map almost exclusively, which just keeps getting worse every time I have to see it.

Even "Last Hope," which is supposed to be the colony-themed map, looks kind of plain and retarded, more like some run-down empty garage than the actual Hadley's colony.  iirc, I've only seen one tiny section of hallway, maybe 20 feet in-game, where it actually looks like the colony from the movie.

Don't pull a Rebellion with the maps, boys.  You're multiplayer will be DOA no matter how many classic skins and funky ass weapons you throw into it.

I mean, if you want to showcase an 'authentic Aliens experience,' why would you keep showing the same stupid outdoor map?  Aliens have never even been engaged outdoors in the film, unless you count the dropship alien.

Apex

Apex

Make alien play 1st person.

Add more maps, Like Fiorina 161, the prison, the docks, or both in one, the Auriga, and the Nostromo.

Improve the xeno walking animation.

From what I have seen so far, that's all.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'd hire a talented 3D modeler like locusta and use his models in the game.

http://locusta.deviantart.com/gallery

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

In Aliens Colonial Marines, we have this new feature called evolve state in which a player playing an Alien in MP would
walk through this magical wall which looks like any other wall with glowing fairy dust, hit X to evolve would show up on the screen and 'puff the magic dragon' you become a different alien (the crusher is what we so so far).
Its an interesting concept but from what we've seen is creatively lacking.

So to put my two sense of creativity, i would like to propose the following.
( this all happens in about 4 seconds and the camera changes to view this happening)
1. Change these evolve walls into a bio-mechanical wall resembling something like the vaginal looking entrances to the Alien ship.
2. Your player as the alien turns back facing the wall  in a sort of Egyptian mummy style with arms folded on the chest.
3. the wall comes alive engulfs the alien entirely.
4. Reappears in another area of the map where another evolve wall is located(so that the marine chasing you doesn't get the advantage) and it spits out a different evolved alien out including slime and all.

Doing this just makes evolve more epic and important as an overall mechanism, and in the long run might make it part of the aliens mythology.
that's just me.

FightFinda

FightFinda

I'd like to see some sort of cocooning animation but what ya gonna do? However, judging by the comments I've heard from fans like us who've actually played the game; there's a whole lot to look forward to.

darthmaul1

darthmaul1

IF the aliens are like the ones in the Xbox AVP, then make it so they can't jump and tail spam. That is the stupidest thing.  And looks stupid too.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I would kill for a team deathmatch/objective mode where the Alien team spawned in bursting out of hosts in the hive.  They would grow up within 5-10 minutes or so, but that could be the timer for the Marine team to prepare their area for an attack.

Chestbursters could spend time eating their host for extra health or doing other things to work up points to 'evolve' into a different Alien.

Mmmmm.. thats a nice dream. :laugh:  Maybe a mod?

chupacabras acheronsis

never in any aliens game has anyone tried to implement a kidnapping system.

imagine playing as an alien and instead of slashing at the marines until they drop you can grab them and drag them back to your rape cave.

and imagine living that as a marine in first person. nothing to do but fruitlessly kick and claw until someone rescues you or you meet your fate. imagine being dragged at high speed until you get nauseated for real and fighting the alien's grip.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Nightlord on Sep 05, 2012, 03:17:20 AM
Didn't they say somewhere that there is only five game modes,
I've heard we get 4 modes in total (TDM, Escape, Survival and the 4th is tba)

Sgt. Shanx

Sgt. Shanx

theyre fine wit the exception of that acid spitter wit the green sacks on the side of its dome plate...honestly i have to say there were shotz n all the movies where the alien looked magnificent then at timez they failed on all accountz whether it b anamatronic, suit guy, or cgi...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed