Gamespot Exclusive Trailer

Started by ikarop, Aug 23, 2011, 03:07:07 PM

Author
Gamespot Exclusive Trailer (Read 62,615 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 24, 2011, 08:51:33 AM
A little something I edited up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyrQo9RZn5w#ws

There's too much confusion...

A remixed version of the new (8/24/11) Aliens: Colonial Marines "Action" Trailer. James Cameron had gained inspiration for how Aliens played out from the Vietnam war: "Their training and technology are inappropriate for the specifics, and that can be seen as analogous to the inability of superior American firepower to conquer the unseen enemy in Vietnam: a lot of firepower and very little wisdom, and it didn't work."

I actually started not to mind the little parts where it cuts to the black breaks after a while; doesn't exactly look bad, but not fantastic. Still, with the whole Vietnam vibe from Aliens, I found the song fit pretty well.

Serendipitous. Especially those first lyrics.

Gotta disagree with that last line, though. I'd say this is reason to get excited.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Ultragamer6 on Aug 24, 2011, 03:37:13 PM
Wait so both ships crash into the planet? what about all the nukes that was mentioned it was carrying as well as all of the Sulaco's, man Lv426 must be f**ked after the processor explosion, 2 ships and all the warheads they were carrying i'm surprised anything survived  :-\

Drop Ships carry the nukes and we don't know how many Drop Ships survive.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: PHANTOM on Aug 23, 2011, 11:14:52 PM
I understand everyone is excited and everyone has high hopes for this game to work, but ummm...

this looks just like AVP 3 guys. When AVP 3 first released it's HD trailer people were amazed too.

It looks like a really awesome mod for AVP 3 to make it look more like Aliens. Voice acting sounds the same, the graphics look the same, heck even when the Marine was running it looked just I was playing AVP 3 Marine single-player.

Not saying it's a bad thing, I'm sure ACM will have more options and better gameplay since they can use AVP 3 a good example of what worked and didn't work.

But besides that, allow me to express how I really feel about the trailer...

I noticed that too, but mainly the running. On the upside its nowhere near as as jerky as AVP 3.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: PHANTOM on Aug 23, 2011, 11:14:52 PM
I understand everyone is excited and everyone has high hopes for this game to work, but ummm...

this looks just like AVP 3 guys. When AVP 3 first released it's HD trailer people were amazed too.

It looks like a really awesome mod for AVP 3 to make it look more like Aliens. Voice acting sounds the same, the graphics look the same, heck even when the Marine was running it looked just I was playing AVP 3 Marine single-player.

Not saying it's a bad thing, I'm sure ACM will have more options and better gameplay since they can use AVP 3 a good example of what worked and didn't work.

But besides that, allow me to express how I really feel about the trailer...

That's not surprising. The game is the same basic idea as AvP in terms of gameplay but with only Aliens.

locusta

locusta

Me happy that they stick to the Cameron Queen. Let´s wait and see for the rest.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

I'm extremely anxious to find out whether or not they're still planning on including multiplayer modes, and if we'll be able to play as Aliens or not. :D

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Aug 24, 2011, 08:24:17 PM
I'm extremely anxious to find out whether or not they're still planning on including multiplayer modes, and if we'll be able to play as Aliens or not. :D

In recent interviews they've said they will have competitive multiplayer and that we can make specific assumptions about a game that involves Marines and Aliens.

Never say no to Panda!

Yeah i'd like to see some kind of "No Hope" Mode in Hadleys Hope...one sides job is to protect the civilians and the other side spawns as Aliens and Facehuggers that got to kill 'em.

Enenra

Enenra

Looks awesome. I am so excited, far more than I was for AvP3.

beb

beb

I feel like i just saw a shit load of marines get raped all i can say if they make the right environment in a survival horror game and make the whole game go ape shit like that trailer i see this being in the top 10 with silent hill resident evil and fear

ikarop

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: beb on Aug 24, 2011, 11:53:20 PM
I feel like i just saw a shit load of marines get raped all i can say if they make the right environment in a survival horror game and make the whole game go ape shit like that trailer i see this being in the top 10 with silent hill resident evil and fear
Too f**king right, bro. ;)

I'll say this: even if the Aliens do turn out to be a bit small, as long as they're portrayed as the tough as nails, cunning, killing machines they are in the films, I will be VERY happy. 8) And if the trailer is any indication, it looks like that's exactly what we're getting. :D

Here's hoping. ;)

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Aug 25, 2011, 02:13:00 AM
Too f**king right, bro. ;)

I'll say this: even if the Aliens do turn out to be a bit small, as long as they're portrayed as the tough as nails, cunning, killing machines they are in the films, I will be VERY happy. 8) And if the trailer is any indication, it looks like that's exactly what we're getting. :D

Here's hoping. ;)
I wouldn't worry about the xenos being small. If you recall the part when the one Alien comes up behind that marine he is much bigger compared to the marine.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

@Bio Mech Hunter
Your post reminded me. In the entire trailer you only really see one Xeno being killed.  :o

Ash 937

Ash 937

Does anyone know how many marines are in the cast for this game???  Because I think we might have just seen how a significant percentage of them die in the trailer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed