All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,848,354 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Vertigo on Dec 27, 2018, 04:08:34 PM
I'd just really like a film with either a first draft script from Chris Avellone, or written in the style of his KOTOR 2 work.

I kind of feel that Revan and the events of KOTOR 1 only take on the weight with which we now view them because of the context that Avellone provided in the sequel. It was there that we were introduced to Revan as a brilliant, morally grey general who voluntarily embraced the dark side and invaded the Republic to prepare the galaxy for a worse threat.

...Whereas when Bioware's writers got hold of the property again in TOR, Revan just became the brainwashed puppet of the Sith Emperor.

^ in the movies, everything is about light vs. dark. The Kotor series made a great job on exploring the grey side of Star Wars. I wish we have something like that on the big screen.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 27, 2018, 04:58:03 PM
What if they adapt the story so that Revan and Bane are contemporaries?

Why can't Revan be the protagonist while Bane is the lone surviving Sith of the trilogy?  It could take place at the end of the Sith Empire that Palpatine alluded to in ROTS.

You could even have a mash-up of all the best Sith characters from the KOTOR games and Bane novels.

Sure, as long as there is a place for Kreia...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

No Kreia.  I draw the line with her.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Nostromo on Dec 27, 2018, 07:23:16 PM
So how come you guys hate the 2000's prequels so much. There's some pretty good stuff in them. Not like this utter turd crud crap that Disney is making. (Besides Rogue One).

If I could rate them,

I'd go:

Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones (Interesting settings/planets/Jango)
Return of the Jedi
Phantom Menace
Rogue One

:o ;D

Force Awakens
The Last Jedi

Solo

Guess tastes can be vastly different  ;D

But out of curiosity, what is these pretty good stuff in the prequels for you?

Maul and ...?   :P

Vermillion

Vermillion

Mace Windu was cool too.

The Diner scene was an absolute tragedy to the franchise.  It's worth of Canto Bight garbage.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 27, 2018, 07:44:09 PM
No Kreia.  I draw the line with her.

Now I know how someone who doesn't like the skull feels!  >:(

Quote from: Vermillion on Dec 27, 2018, 07:59:52 PM
The Diner scene was an absolute tragedy to the franchise.  It's worth of Canto Bight garbage.

The dinner scene is so dense, every single image has so many things going on...

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

@Nostromo: oh come on man, Solo is in no way worse than The Last Jedi. If you want to put it below the holiday special I can understand that as long as the last jedi is well below that.

Attack of the Clones is just flat and boring. Still TPM is the best Star Wars movie post OT. Sure the cgi kills it today but that stuff was state of the badass art then. So I'm giving it a pass. It was still fantasy and fun. Time didn't kill it yet. Watto is a hip dude so screw those PC folks. Never was a fan of Maul but it wasn't like he had a chance to do anything but move the plot along. Revenge of the Sith is serviceable.

@Vermillion: The dinner scene wasn't that long and Natalie looked sweet in that dress. Which was one of the best things about the PT, the great costumes and sets. The ST looked more polished but way less exciting.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 27, 2018, 08:21:29 PM

It's like poetry, it rhymes...

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

OT - Original Trilogy
PT - Prequel Trilogy
ST - Sequel Trilogy... Disaster. Yup. Referring to the Sequel Trilogy as the STD from now on.

On to the subject about poetry... so just how many of you used Anakins pick up lines?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 27, 2018, 11:41:25 PM
On to the subject about poetry... so just how many of you used Anakins pick up lines?

Won't work if you are not the main character in a movie.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Kurgan on Dec 27, 2018, 08:56:47 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 27, 2018, 08:21:29 PM

It's like poetry, it rhymes...

The dialogues are so cringeworthy ♡ poetic ♡

Anakin: You are so beautiful

Padme: It's only because I'm so in love

Anakin: No it's because I'm so in love with you

Padme: So love has blinded you?

OT - Original Trilogy
PT - Prequel Trilogy
ST - Sequel Trilogy... Disaster. Yup. Referring to the Sequel Trilogy as the STD from now on.

To me...

1. Original Trilogy.
2. Rogue One.
3. Revenge of the sith.
4. All the Clone Wars TV series (except the movie).
4.The Force Awakens.
5. Star Wars Rebels.
6. Attack of the Clones.
7. Solo.
8. The Last Jedi.
9. The Phantom Menace. Yeah, its feel like a SW flick yada yada and Darth Maul was cool and all...but still a shitty movie, IMO.  :P

I don't know, man. I'm not exactly a sand hater.

Spoiler
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Not a big fan of ROTJ.  If I had the infinity gauntlet, I'd remake that and then do the prequels.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Diner.  The restaurant. The meeting with the Alien cook about the Kamino dart. Lol

Portman was S and M ready btw

The Old One

The Old One

TPM is full of practical effects and to me, feels like GL's last attempt at a "traditional" Star Wars film.
Regardless of the atrocious writing...

So to myself:

0. KOTOR TSL
0.5. Darth Bane Trilogy
1. ESB
2. ANH/ROTJ
2.5. KOTOR
3. Star Wars Clone Wars (Genndy Tartakovsky)
3.5. Star Wars Republic Commando
4. Star Wars The Clone Wars (Dave Filoni)
4.5. TFA (Individual)
5. Rogue One
6. Star Wars Rebels
7. TPM/ROTS
8. AOTC
8.5. TFA (Lore, World Building, Sequel)
9. Solo
10. The Clone Wars (Film)
11. TLJ
12. The Holiday Special

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I can watch the OT any day of the week and I don't mind watching the PT but the cgi and child dialog is noticeably annoying for an old fart like myself. It's like sand up your ass crack full of ants. I have no love for the STD, though I do like Rogue One and I don't hate Solo.

However the barometer has to be this, I rarely ever see TFA on tv and I don't expect that to ever change.

The Old One

The Old One

The network premiere of TFA in the UK is this Sunday, it doesn't mean a thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed