Would you like to see Dark Horse make a Terminator vs Predator comic?

Started by Space Disc Jockey, Nov 02, 2007, 09:51:52 PM

Author
Would you like to see Dark Horse make a Terminator vs Predator comic? (Read 2,268 times)

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Well, as I mentioned, Terminator vs. Predator is my next story and I have been writing it (but not as much as I would like), but the problem is that I'm only writing scenes that are visually cool and not so much, the actual story of it. I don't want the whole story to revolve around the future war. Yes, I do have scenes that take place in the future war, but I want the main story to take place in the past. I'm trying to think of the human protagonist, as I want the Terminator and the Predator to be the "bad guys".

So, yes, there will be future war stuff, but the main story takes place in the past (before the events of "The Terminator").

Side Note: We already talked about AvPvT and how much of a disappointment it was.

Commander Aun

Ok heres how it goes:

Im actually leaning towards a PVT after learning a few of your opinions, so heres my idea (not set in stone):

The years 2029, and the machine war is heating up. Skynet and the human resistance Tech-Com have been fighting for decades to a bloody standstill. Despite skynets near infinite resources, the machines still cant root out Tech Com. Although Tech Com has been making some success, John Conner still doesnt have enough forces to launch a successful strike against the heart of Skynet in Cheynne Mountain, which would result in a desicive end to the war against the machines. However, a new player has come to the battlefield, one which could change the very face of not just this war, but of humanity and the machines aswell. Who is this new player? The Predators...

A predator ship, cloaked, entered earth orbit on Wednesday 14th August 2029. It was here for the hunt. More specifically, a blooding ritual, that was to take place in the Mayan Ruins of Chichen Itza. What lay there? Xenomorphs. However, despite being cloaked, a faint heat signature was detected from the ship by Skynets Orbital Satellite Network. When Skynet found out, it began to investigate the signature, and decided to find out about it. 4 days later, on the 18th of August, all the Predators crew was out of hyper sleep, and the Young Bloods were arming themselves for the blooding ritual, but during that time, skynet had discovered what the heat signature was: an alien spacecraft. Seeing the ship as both a threat and a potential opporunity, Skynet had been building a series of electromagnetic bombs to be launched at the ship to acquire the ships inhabitents and technology for his own ends. At 7:25p.m eastern standard time, the predator ship launched a scout ship that contain the soon to-be blooded predators, or so they thought...

Imediately after the scout ship entered orbit and was on course to Chichen Itza, Skynet launched 8 Electromagnetic Bombs at several sections of the ship. Mid flight, these bombs split themselves in half, making up to 16 bombs in total. The predators had no warning. The entire ships systems were knocked out in a few minutes. Because the ship was no longer fully operational, life support went offline, and noone except a few survived the intial attack. The ship was then lost control of its engines, and began falling towards earth. During that time, one of the very few that survived sent out a distress call, in the case any other predators heard the call, and would come to assist there plight. The predators masks air supply went out, however, before he could activate his self destruct device, to destroy the ship, and perished due to no air. The ship then crashed at the mexico- U.S border. There were no survivors. Skynet then deployed a large force from his headquarters in Cheynne Mountain to the border to claim the predator ship, and bring it back to Skynet Headquarters. The scout ship, however, was still heading towards Chichen Itza, and landed by there objective, ready to fight there greatest foe: the hard meat, the aliens...

3 days later, on the 21st of August, someone replied to the ships distress call. Arriving in his own ship, this hunter was here to get the job done, and from the information of the distress call, was able to make his own objectives:
-Find the blooding ritual party, and evacuate them from where they were.
-Find and destroy the crashed ship, the technology must get into enemy hands.
-Do not attack the humans when it is unnessecary. There are only a few of them. They are worthy prey, and they must be allowed to repopulate the planet, to allow for countless more hunts.
- If the blooding party has been killed, and the aliens released, destroy any signs of alien infestation at all costs.

This predators name was Khan, a veteran of many hunts, an elder. Armed with an arsenal of weapons, and mission to acclompish, a whole new battle was about to begin...

Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator: Ascension

Ratchetcomand

Didn't Dark Horse lose the rights to the Terminator series?

The Necronoir

I think you've taken too much directly from AVP and AVP-R.
Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Jan 10, 2008, 11:39:15 PM
Didn't Dark Horse lose the rights to the Terminator series?
With that recent Halcyon acquisition I think all rights have reverted to them, although that would not include materials produced prior to that acquisition, such as the existing movies, comics, etc, as far as I know. That really wouldn't prevent a series being produced in the future though as many of the crossovers have already been between publishers, including DC and 2000 AD. It would just be a matter of negotiation.

happypred

Quote from: The Necronoir on Nov 02, 2007, 11:03:32 PM
I like the concept of AvPvT, but the end result was bitterly disappointing.

I think it was the anime/cartoon-like art that ruined it more than anything else...you really couldn't tell the inside art was going to be like that by just looking at the awesome cover

happypred

Quote from: Khan on Jan 10, 2008, 09:15:11 PM
Find the blooding ritual party, and evacuate them from where they were.

from what I got out of the comics and novels, predators aren't really the search and rescue type...they don't seem to give two shits about their comrades, their society seems to be totally devoid of all the softer feelings

The One and Only

That's a rather no brainer. Yes. I mean come on, I remember that question came up alot in the early nineties in the collective letters pages of Dark Horse's Predator and Terminator books. But with the legalities Dark Horse was quite clear it couldn't be done. I was surprised several years later to see an Aliens Vs. Predator Vs. The Terminator, but was disappointed with the final result. Also it was always a bit of a head scratcher for me that Dark Horse didn't take the oppurtunity to do a PVT book, and then follow the sucker up with AVPVT next. Would've made a good way to set up how the Preds knew about the Terminator-sleeper creating the Alien/Terminator hybrid. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed