Empire feature

Started by Aeus, Jan 21, 2008, 05:06:51 PM

Author
Empire feature (Read 1,904 times)

Aeus

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sometimes I cry at night thinking of these things.

XenoVC

XenoVC

JLA vs Predator  :P,I didn't even know that one existed  :P

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: XenoVC on Jan 21, 2008, 06:52:47 PM

It's terrible.  Don't bother.

Incidentally, that feature is inaccurate.  A LOT.

QuoteHow can the Man Of Steel, impervious to all injuries (including killer discy things and acid blood), possibly fear the onslaught of an Alien attack or worry about being the prey of a Predator hunt? Simple, give him a virus. Twice!
Both graphic novels, Superman Vs. Predator and Superman/Aliens, find the last son of Krypton afflicted with a sickness that drains him of his powers, so he's gotta use his wits to defeat a Predator in the Central American jungle and a host of Xenomorphs on a distant planet.

Superman has no sickness or virus in Superman/Aliens.  He's simply too far from the yellow sun of home, and as such is gradually losing his powers over the course of the story.

QuoteEssentially a retool of James Cameron's film with a ship crash-landing on an infested planet, our hero Kyle Rayner and a bunch of Green Lantern wannabes launch a rescue party only to come up against a Queen bitch and her soldiers. Yet again, in a ham-fisted attempt to wring out any drama, our hero loses his powers (this time dropping his ring down a lift shaft) and has to use brain power alone to work his way out of a tricky situation.

Wha-?!  How is it similar at all to Aliens?  Also: Kyle loses his ring for approximately four or five pages.  The rest of the time he fights the bad guys with his ring on.  Fact.

QuoteIn Batman/Aliens, the pointy-eared one heads to some ancient Mayan ruins to prevent an Alien outbreak.

No he doesn't.  That's not why he's there at all. He doesn't even know the aliens exist, obviously... or that there are any extraterrestrials there at all.

QuoteIn what is certainly the most unwieldy title in the AVP canon, Bats and Supes are called in to eradicate a bunch of Preds and Als which have been lying dormant under a volcano after crash landing there 14,000 years previously.

No they don't.  They are not called in to eradicate anything.  In fact, their arrival there is entirely of their own individual doing, and they are specifically trying to avoid anyone eradicating the predators because they are technically "sentient beings." Well, at least Superman is. Batman isn't so sure.

Sadly I haven't read most of the other crossovers they mention. But it's safe to assume, based on just the ones I know, that they're probably full of shit on just about every one.

Scopedog

Scopedog

Quote from: Bishop2 on Jan 21, 2008, 11:45:05 PM
Quote from: XenoVC on Jan 21, 2008, 06:52:47 PM
Sadly I haven't read most of the other crossovers they mention. But it's safe to assume, based on just the ones I know, that they're probably full of shit on just about every one.

Magnus Robot Fighter really wears a mini-skirt, so they at least got that right.

Bishop2

Bishop2

To be fair I did read Aliens vs. Predator vs. Terminator and they seem to have gotten the facts straight on that one.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 21, 2008, 05:19:46 PM

Tears of joy or tears of pain?

severen76

severen76

Quote from: Master Chief on Jan 23, 2008, 06:23:29 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 21, 2008, 05:19:46 PM

Tears of joy or tears of pain?

Tears of pain from enjoying it maybe  :D

SM

SM

My local comic shop writes all the new releases on a white board when they come in.  When the Witchblade/ Darkness comics came out they were listed as...

"Witchblade vs Darkness vs Aliens vs Predator - on the Titanic in an Abyss."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed