When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 75,696 times)

PierreVW

The Ridley Scott IMDb page is weird or wrong. They didn't list THE CARTEL as his next. They put ALIEN: COVENANT 2 as his next. Probably they are clueless.

Denton Smalls

Ridley IS Peter Weyland. The next prequel should be shot documentary-style and chronicle Ridley's quest to immortality. I bet he even has a little dog like the one that rolled over in Prometheus.

SM

SM

QuoteI believe that Fox decided to produce A:C with an expected profit margin in mind, and went through the creative and marketing process to achieve that goal. I say that because that's how businesses work, especially for-profit businesses who have investors who want the best deal. They don't work in your imaginary way, where studio execs pitch a movie idea to investors, arguing that it will simply make money, and when told how much, will answer "whatever."

Stop making shit up.

I'm talking about the usage of a term that you are determined to deliberately ignore; not business practices.

Simply stating how you think businesses work ad nuaseum isn't going to change what 'flop' means.

Get your hand off it.

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Nov 08, 2017, 05:46:28 PM
Quote from: Highland on Nov 08, 2017, 12:20:19 PM
King Arthur was a flop, shame, pretty damn good movie for what it was. After I saw the RT score I was surprised although I've been doubtful of RT for a while now.
Are you talking about the Charlie Hunman King Arthur or the Clive Owen King Arthur?

I haven't seen the new one but I really like the Clive Owen version. He's not that great in the lead role but it's a decent film and the Battle on the ice and final battle are great.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: SM on Nov 08, 2017, 07:52:35 PM
Stop making shit up.
SM, I admire your patience with that one.

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Nov 08, 2017, 08:23:23 PM
I haven't seen the new one but I really like the Clive Owen version.
Agreed. I've done a couple replays, besides liking the scenes you mention, I particularly like the scene where Venora(?) performs We Will Go Home (sung by Moya Brennan).

Baron Von Marlon

King Arthur was a flop, shame, pretty damn good movie for what it was. After I saw the RT score I was surprised although I've been doubtful of RT for a while now.
After watching it I was quite surprised it flopped. Decent, entertaining and a good take on the myth. And usually I don't like these PG-13 action movies.
Maybe people were expecting Game Of Thrones type stuff.

Anthony

King Arthur likely bombed because it opened a week after Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2, and it began marketing when it was supposed to come out in March.

And honestly, I don't think too many people were clamoring for a new King Arthur movie.

Scorpio

A Guy Ritchie King Arthur with hip dialogue, where you do the Nolan technique of stripping away almost everything that makes it fun (including Merlin).  Add in trying to make it like a Marvel movie with a potential cinematic universe.

Not surprised it bombed.

Highland

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Nov 08, 2017, 05:46:28 PM
Are you talking about the Charlie Hunman King Arthur or the Clive Owen King Arthur?

The Charlie Hunman. Richies movies are so watchable, the perfect example, taking a fairy tale and making into a Snatch style banter movie with epic editing. I think if they extended the middle sequence and have him actually fight the beasts on the mountain = perfect.

Never seen the Clive Owen one, but I love the original. Williamsons Merlin is one of my favourite performances of all time.

Baron Von Marlon

Just saw this on Imdb:

In an unprecedented bold move, director Ridley Scott, along with Imperative Entertainment's Dan Friedkin and Bradley Thomas have decided to remove Kevin Spacey from their finished movie All The Money In The World. Christopher Plummer has been set to replace Spacey in the role of J Paul Getty.

Quote from: Highland on Nov 09, 2017, 01:54:15 AMThe Charlie Hunman. Richies movies are so watchable, the perfect example, taking a fairy tale and making into a Snatch style banter movie with epic editing. I think if they extended the middle sequence and have him actually fight the beasts on the mountain = perfect.

Never seen the Clive Owen one, but I love the original. Williamsons Merlin is one of my favourite performances of all time.

Probably would've benefited from an R-Rating so he could go full Guy Ritchie.

Highland

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Nov 09, 2017, 02:09:54 AM
Just saw this on Imdb:

In an unprecedented bold move, director Ridley Scott, along with Imperative Entertainment's Dan Friedkin and Bradley Thomas have decided to remove Kevin Spacey from their finished movie All The Money In The World. Christopher Plummer has been set to replace Spacey in the role of J Paul Getty.

Quote from: Highland on Nov 09, 2017, 01:54:15 AMThe Charlie Hunman. Richies movies are so watchable, the perfect example, taking a fairy tale and making into a Snatch style banter movie with epic editing. I think if they extended the middle sequence and have him actually fight the beasts on the mountain = perfect.

I dont thing that would have mattered, I really don't think gore would have added anything. An extra 20 minutes though would have filled out the middle. Everywhere you look people really liked this movie, everywhere but RT that is.

You know what though I didn't even think the Mummy was that bad, it was quite entertaining. I think two things have happened, I'm so over saturated with Super Hero films that any type of fantasy/sci fi thats not that, is refreshing and also an epically low score like 20% in my mind is like Battlefield Earth, a total disaster, these movies like King Arthur don't deserve such low scores.

Everyone's a wine sniffing cheese muncher these days.

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Highland on Nov 09, 2017, 05:08:01 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Nov 09, 2017, 02:09:54 AM
Just saw this on Imdb:

I dont thing that would have mattered, I really don't think gore would have added anything. An extra 20 minutes though would have filled out the middle. Everywhere you look people really liked this movie, everywhere but RT that is.

You know what though I didn't even think the Mummy was that bad, it was quite entertaining. I think two things have happened, I'm so over saturated with Super Hero films that any type of fantasy/sci fi thats not that, is refreshing and also an epically low score like 20% in my mind is like Battlefield Earth, a total disaster, these movies like King Arthur don't deserve such low scores.

I quite enjoyed the mummy too. I feel the same way about all the super hero movies, I'm just fatigued with it.

I went to see Spider-man homecoming and really enjoyed it but I wasn't excited to see it or even looking forward to it and I shouldn't feel that way. Any alternative is now feels refreshing.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Highland on Nov 09, 2017, 05:08:01 AM

I was thinking more dialogue wise. Typical British swearing and such.

I liked The Mummy until the plane took off. Then everything turned so average.
Movies like those are one of the reason I started watching "weirder" or cheaper movies because they're often more refreshing.

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Nov 09, 2017, 08:41:44 AMI went to see Spider-man homecoming and really enjoyed it but I wasn't excited to see it or even looking forward to it and I shouldn't feel that way. Any alternative is now feels refreshing.

I thought the latest Spider-man was quite overrated. Just more typical Marvel stuff.
But apparently the studios are taking notice. The last Thor movie's  supposed to be more different. It's from the writer from What We Do In The Shadows and The Hunt For The Wilderpeople. So I'm kinda curious.

monkeylove

Quote from: SM on Nov 08, 2017, 07:52:35 PM

Stop making shit up.

I'm talking about the usage of a term that you are determined to deliberately ignore; not business practices.

Simply stating how you think businesses work ad nuaseum isn't going to change what 'flop' means.

Get your hand off it.

What usage of the term did you give?

SM

Another for the ignore pile.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed