AvP2 Game Night

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 19, 2015, 08:20:56 AM

Author
AvP2 Game Night (Read 3,649 times)

DT

DT

|D*R| and |d*D| ran around 10 servers aswell back in the days, all dedicated servers and it sure costed some big money back then. All dedicated servers.

Currently the best servers out there are the TBBC ones and the one which Ayleia runs, Olafs servers are somewhat alright aswell since those are running a modified servermod version. Which reminds me, if needed I might be able to ask someone special to host a server just for the night avpgalaxy runs its gamenight. It will be fast and prettymuch no lag at all. One of the best ones you can find out there these days. ^^

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I might be able to pick up my own physical server and run one on there. It's a slightly old server so not sure how stable it's going to be - and I mean, leave it running as a dedicated server for everyone.

Xhan

Xhan

As long as A: it's an athlon san diego or better processor and B: you have an upload bandwidth supporting 2M (not 2m) or better with low ping, it should run like greased owl shit.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 31, 2015, 08:46:40 AM
I might be able to pick up my own physical server and run one on there. It's a slightly old server so not sure how stable it's going to be - and I mean, leave it running as a dedicated server for everyone.
better a old server then a new for many reason :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

To continue from the locked thread, the server is currently up. AvPGalaxy.net Game Night.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 30, 2015, 05:48:43 PM
To continue from the locked thread, the server is currently up. AvPGalaxy.net Game Night.

I hope the server is not the same machine you actually play avp2 on at the same time yea? lol

Acid or Zaiko :)

I dont see that server inside my game.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: x-M-x on Aug 30, 2015, 07:35:26 PM

I hope the server is not the same machine you actually play avp2 on at the same time yea? lol
i hope too

p.s server AvPGalaxy not visible inside main server  list

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I got bored of waiting for an hour on my own so I gave up.  :-\

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 31, 2015, 12:35:52 PM
:-[ I wish I could have joined you... I need to get my laptop fixed so I'm sorry I couldn't make it.

lol I would join you if I would see server,can you give us IP and port of server?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It was. Which has never caused me any issues before.

Quote from: Acid or Zaiko :) on Aug 31, 2015, 05:04:16 PM

lol I would join you if I would see server,can you give us IP and port of server?

It's not a dedicated server. I was just hosting one for the duration of the night.

camblongkaras

camblongkaras

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 01, 2015, 07:41:15 AM

It was. Which has never caused me any issues before.

Quote from: Acid or Zaiko :) on Aug 31, 2015, 05:04:16 PM

It's not a dedicated server. I was just hosting one for the duration of the night.

I think that was the problem? I think you have to host a dedicated server for it to show up on the server list. Just an assumption though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Never had to before.  :-\

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 03, 2015, 11:27:21 AM
Never had to before.  :-\
He might be on to something Hicks. Perhaps there is something with the new patch that prevents non-dedicated servers from showing up in the query?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed