VIP Mod + vip_woodlands

Started by jegu, Dec 08, 2010, 12:39:20 PM

Author
VIP Mod + vip_woodlands (Read 9,169 times)

jegu

jegu

Alright, I played around with Dedit for some time, and it came out like this.

Warning, high-res screenshots! Map process from the beginning to present
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Planning to create more advanced woodland map, hills, grassland, forest, etc. If no major problem comes, I might release this map along with the whole mod before 7th of January. Will be in touch...

Hope you like it.

Brother

Brother

Candyyy..

Xhan

Xhan

Excellent work, Jegu and AvP2 could certainly use a lot more organic and naturalistic settings.

jegu

jegu

My weakness on map building is that I suck in it... Well, I can create maps, but they always want to lag. This is more just a test map showing new possibilities on AvP2. If someone knows how to REALLY create maps, let me know, will send the .ed of this map. Can't be all bitchy and keeping this stuff all by myself.

This map lags minorly only luckily, nothing unbearable.

Xhan

Xhan

Unfortunately, mapping is the one thing I don't do in regards to AvP2, but I do have some compatriots that may be willing to help, I assume you've already been in contact with Celt?

jegu

jegu

Yes, but he ain't good in height mapping, but was planning to ask help from Imp Hunter. I need a nice heightmap and the cliffs there to avoid seeing too long distances.

General plan would be to recreate Metal Gear Solid 3 battle scene against The End.

grands0nz0rz

grands0nz0rz

those trees where pred can stand on need some leafage. i think it would add a lot.
just a thought.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Problem isn't to be good at heightmap or not.
It's to be patient to draw pixels in the right order at the right size... something I lack of, I admit  :D

jegu

jegu

Quote from: grands0nz0rz on Dec 08, 2010, 06:01:35 PM
those trees where pred can stand on need some leafage. i think it would add a lot.
just a thought.

I'm planning to. The AvP2 trees look so poor, but will get it done.

x-M-x

x-M-x

sexual,

release it or die lol

8)

KingKenny

KingKenny

Cool! ;D

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Someone wants AVP mixed with COD a bit too much.  :D

Xhan

Xhan

Says the guy who thinks Blade and AvP is a "good" mix.

jegu

jegu

Quote from: AcidGlow on Dec 12, 2010, 04:05:35 PM
Someone wants AVP mixed with COD a bit too much.  :D

Or a mod closer to Predator movies, where no pulse rifles rules.

Mod does have:
Predator (Hunter (P1), Warrior (P2), Scar (AvP), Wolf (AvP2))
Alien (Drone (A1), Warrior (A2), Runner (A3), Predalien (AvP2), Praetorian (???))
US Marine Corp (Modern shit...)
US Colonial Marine Corp (Aliens stuff...)

All races have their strengths and weaknesses. Main idea of the mod though is that weapons ARE deadly. Human can die from 2 pistol shots, Predators get killed quite easily, and xenomorphs won't just rush towards the rifle fire.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Looks really impressive. If you're including modern kit too, might I suggest a G36C...because...well I love 'em.  With an Eotech sight.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed