Lazers or Bullets, and why?

Started by #6.0, Apr 13, 2010, 05:12:56 AM

Lazers
Bullets
Author
Lazers or Bullets, and why? (Read 3,263 times)

#6.0

#6.0

So what do you like to see more in entertainment? Because they both come with a feel, or a genre if you like, yes Science Fiction, but more into it. So like Star Wars Clone Troopers vs Star Ship Troopers, or better yet, Aliens Colonial Marines.

Personally, I LOVE BULLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

There is a sense of realism, and a grittiness to them.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Bullets. I feel that quantifiable ammunition is a much better source of conflict than just 'oh no, my battery is dying'.

SM

SM

Except that a lot of the time the amount of ammo isn't quantifiable, cos it never seems to run out.

Either way I don't really care.  I can't imagine Aliens without machine guns nor Star Wars without blasters.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Well that's just poor continuity. I always appreciate when ammo amounts are accounted for.

SM

SM

One of the reasons Aliens works so well.  Not only are there ammo counters on the pulse rifles and sentry guns, but we have a whole scene devoted to telling us how much ammo they don't have.

chupacabras acheronsis

bullets. kinetic carnage is best carnage!

Richard.H

Richard.H

Bullets, especially with an ACR rifle because they can use both the standard NATO round and then with just SECONDS of switching the barrel you can also fire AK-47 rounds!

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Bullets. They seem to travel faster. Strange, isn't it?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I prefer Plasma.

#6.0

#6.0

Really? I fully respect it, but could you explain? Like I love The Covenant from Halo, but I dislike Storm Troopers.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Plasma in rifle form or whatever is the only way to have a future like most sci-fi movies portray. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE for lasers to ever shoot from a gun, they're f**king invisible, how the hell are you going to see yourself hit anything?

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Non-tracer bullets aren't visible, either.

You just aim, pull the trigger and see if the dude falls down.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 14, 2010, 01:20:12 AM
Plasma in rifle form or whatever is the only way to have a future like most sci-fi movies portray. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE for lasers to ever shoot from a gun, they're f**king invisible, how the hell are you going to see yourself hit anything?

No, that completely depends on the type of laser.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I was under the assumption that lasers of any kind in broad daylight would be invisible to the naked eye.

SM

SM

So are bullets, like Madass said.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed