Space Jockey........Engineer or something else?

Started by palerider, Jun 26, 2017, 04:56:42 PM

Author
Space Jockey........Engineer or something else? (Read 29,662 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 03, 2024, 08:29:55 AM
Spoiler
Is Dark Descent the first official "canon" source to indicate they are a different species? Or are the "Ancient Citizens" even a third species?
[close]

The movies weigh more canonically speaking, but yes. Dark Descent definitely drew quite a cosmic horror contrast with the pilots as something different from the Engineers of the prequels. Oh and the ancient citizens of planet 4 are Engineers. But overall I agree with the idea that the Engineers who pilot the Juggernauts often experiment with their biology.

Immortan Jonesy

Click if you dear!!! ;D  👉👈

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

There is something fishy🐟 going on...

Immortan Jonesy

E. Shaw

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 26, 2017, 05:05:11 PMThe engineers are a retcon of the space jockey. If it's going to be anything other than that, I'd want the jockey to be inseparable from the ship (as was frequently depicted in Giger's artwork.)

I never felt it was a retcon, we knew hardly anything about the jockeys in the films, Scott simply expanded their mythos. It may not have been to many fans liking, but it is not a retcon. For that we would need established lore beyond the visuals of Alien to be a retcon proper.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Yeah, but I rather have skeleton elephant man over a baldheaded white dude.
Spoiler
At lease, dark decent, sort of added the space jockey into existence again in a way if that Game is canon.
[close]

E. Shaw

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 26, 2024, 04:56:23 AMYeah, but I rather have skeleton elephant man over a baldheaded white dude.
Spoiler
At lease, dark decent, sort of added the space jockey into existence again in a way if that Game is canon.
[close]

I admit they should have had them look as they did in the chair and be a different than human species, and perhaps the albino giants (white dudes) are their first generation of seeding worlds, and humans the more perfect generation, hence why Xenomorph proper needs a human rather than an Engineer.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 26, 2024, 05:17:35 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 26, 2024, 04:56:23 AMYeah, but I rather have skeleton elephant man over a baldheaded white dude.
Spoiler
[close]

I admit they should have had them look as they did in the chair and be a different than human species, and perhaps the albino giants (white dudes) are their first generation of seeding worlds, and humans the more perfect generation, hence why Xenomorph proper needs a human rather than an Engineer.
I think that Space jockey encountered the engineers. This event would result in the engineers getting the inspiration of biotech that the space jockey use, Even made and use suits that resembled the space jockeys.
Basically, the engineers are extremely religious species that worship the Space jockeys. That's basically my head canon.

[cancerblack]

Spoiler
[close]

You can have both without too many contortions, or even reaching for the EU.

E. Shaw

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 26, 2024, 07:06:34 AM
Spoiler
[close]

I think that Space jockey encountered the engineers. This event would result in the engineers getting the inspiration of biotech that the space jockey use, Even made and use suits that resembled the space jockeys.
Basically, the engineers are extremely religious species that worship the Space jockeys. That's basically my head canon.

Perhaps at the beginning of Prometheus that round ship is Spacejockies observing The Sacrifice. 

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 26, 2024, 07:30:03 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Yeah exactly it's not too much of stress to think that both concept can exist. It's just that I don't like the idea of the engineers are actually just space jockeys just wearing suits. I just find that lame.

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 26, 2024, 08:02:30 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Perhaps at the beginning of Prometheus that round ship is Spacejockies observing The Sacrifice. 
We can't be sure for lack of evidence, but I like the idea. But the ship doesn't look too biomechanical.

After re-watching the scene, mice, they've not been of it being biomechanical. It's a little shaky, because we never got a close look at it.

E. Shaw

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 26, 2024, 08:05:58 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 26, 2024, 07:30:03 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Yeah exactly it's not too much of stress to think that both concept can exist. It's just that I don't like the idea of the engineers are actually just space jockeys just wearing suits. I just find that lame.

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 26, 2024, 08:02:30 AM
Spoiler
[close]

We can't be sure for lack of evidence, but I like the idea. But the ship doesn't look too biomechanical.

After re-watching the scene, mice, they've not been of it being biomechanical. It's a little shaky, because we never got a close look at it.

Probably more of Ridley not able to decide if Prometheus was a new story or connected to the Alienverse. The film had moments when you can see he was going to go into another direction, so the flying saucer is there and then later he commits to the Derelict design, 

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed