Figma Alien and Predator figures

Started by skhellter, Feb 19, 2018, 09:49:23 PM

Author
Figma Alien and Predator figures (Read 3,129 times)

Xenomrph

For being touted as "based on Predator 2", it looks nothing like it.

That said, I think that's a really good thing because that sculpt on the armor is completely awesome and unique, I really like it.

THAT said, BBTS has him for $165 goddamn dollars, which is totally insane. I'm pretty sure that's the most expensive Figma I've ever seen, and there's absolutely no way I'd buy him at that price.

OpenMaw

I just got the NECA Predator 2 City Hunter in quarter scale new in the box for less than that.

The Old One

The Old One

Neca's figure quality isn't even close, especially when it comes to Alien.

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 06, 2018, 05:05:03 AM
Figmas rule, I've got several and they're fantastic.

Nods in agreement... :)

I have the Big chap and its one of my favorite figures. ;D

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 09, 2018, 05:01:34 PM

I'm not spending that kind of money on a 1/12 figure like that. That's just nutty.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 09, 2018, 05:18:04 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jun 09, 2018, 05:01:34 PM

I'm not spending that kind of money on a 1/12 figure like that. That's just nutty.

You're right, it should have been about £60.

Xenomrph

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 09, 2018, 04:43:56 PM
I just got the NECA Predator 2 City Hunter in quarter scale new in the box for less than that.
In Figma's defense, their quality is radically better than NECA - the figures always come with a posing stand, alternate parts, and really smooth joints that will hold any pose you throw at them. Figmas are usually totally worth their price tag, but that price tag is usually about $60.

$165, though? f**k that noise.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed, the best Alien figure on the market is still the Play Arts Kai Lurker despite the game it's from.
It would be perfect if it wasn't for its' monster hands.

It's articulation going from being able to stand slightly taller than a AVP Neca Predator, to being able to do the all fours Covenant pose better than the Covenant NECA Alien itself. It also comes with accessories, such as an interchangeable head.
They also got the dome perfect, not a scratch on it, not a deformation in sight.

It's about double the price of a NECA Alien, but honestly it's more than triple the worth, it isn't going to break easily either.

NECA does Predators justice but not Alien.

With this guy being the way he is, I can only dream about how spectacular a film/Huante accurate Neomorph figure from these guys would be, considering their fondness for translucent pieces the infant and adolescent Neomorphs would make great accessories.

Kailem

Kailem

Damn that is one gorgeous figure. If the price was......"reasonable"......I'd seriously consider picking that up.

Looking around a couple of other places it seems like the RRP is around $80, so I'm not sure why BBTS is charging so damn much for it. They'd be one of the obvious places to pick it up if it didn't look like they were literally charging twice as much as they should be.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 10, 2018, 06:59:11 PM
Damn that is one gorgeous figure. If the price was......"reasonable"......I'd seriously consider picking that up.

Looking around a couple of other places it seems like the RRP is around $80, so I'm not sure why BBTS is charging so damn much for it. They'd be one of the obvious places to pick it up if it didn't look like they were literally charging twice as much as they should be.
What other places are you seeing it? Do you have links?

Kailem

Kailem

I actually made a bit of a mistake and realised I was converting straight into pounds rather than dollars, so it's actually about $107 RRP by the looks of where I saw it listed on a couple of other places. :P But that's still cheaper than BBTS's price.

I found one here (which seems like they add about $10 tax or whatever when you go to the actual order page), and also listed with the same price  here as well, though the second one seems more like a general figure database-type site rather than a place you can actually buy them from.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: ihatepie on May 31, 2018, 07:01:13 PM
Predator order is up.  12800 yen, or about $120usd.  Pretty absurd imo, compared to anything in the 1/12 scale.

FOX must've asked for a crazy high license fee trying to make some money so they wouldn't be sold off.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 10, 2018, 06:20:28 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 09, 2018, 04:43:56 PM
In Figma's defense, their quality is radically better than NECA - the figures always come with a posing stand, alternate parts, and really smooth joints that will hold any pose you throw at them. Figmas are usually totally worth their price tag, but that price tag is usually about $60.

$165, though? f**k that noise.
Personally, I love the posability, but I don't care for the stylised sculpts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed