More "Fire and Stone" Previews

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 04, 2014, 03:55:23 PM

Author
More "Fire and Stone" Previews (Read 43,274 times)

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 15, 2014, 09:11:48 PM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 15, 2014, 08:25:28 AM
For anyone who wants the release dates.. Beat you on this one, so this ends your hawking streak, Ultramorph!  :laugh:

Ha, beat me to it!  :D

The worst part is that my local comic shop closed back in January, forcing me to rely on TFAW, which means paying shipping. I look at that release schedule and am pretty exited, but my wallet is in tears.  :laugh:

On another note, it just struck me what was familiar about the Predator #3 cover preview: the art on Ahab is very reminiscent of the old covers for Bad Blood. I wonder if maybe it's the same artist.

Same here. I'm thinking I might hold out for shipping once a month or just getting them digital then buying the trades if I like them.

And was Prometheus: omega confirmed before?

Master

Master

Yeah, omega book was announced before as conclusion for whole story.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Master on Aug 16, 2014, 06:56:03 AM
Yeah, omega book was announced before as conclusion for whole story.

According to the SDCC Palumbo poster, Omega will be illustrated by Agustin Alessio.

On another note, Chris Roberson did an interview with Unleash the Fanboy (http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/news/exclusive-chris-roberson-talks-aliens-fire-stone/113821#!bEDLCA), and while he didn't say much new, he did comment a bit on the setting of the Aliens series.

Spoiler
QuoteChris Roberson: There's no familiar characters as such, but it's familiar locations. Aliens actually takes place before the other books and about halfway through the second film. It follows a group of Hadley's Hope colonists, who managed to get just far enough away to not be cocooned by the Xenomorphs. But they didn't get far enough. So basically it's about what happens to them. That puts in motion all the stuff that the other titles deal with.
[close]

He also made some...interesting comments about an aspect that was cut from the final scripts. The is the "bad idea" he mentioned he was trying to get into the books at ECCC.

QuoteChris Roberson: Man, I tried really hard to get this one thing and I probably shouldn't say. Well, I can. I'll say this much: I really, really, really wanted to get a moment in where somebody sat on a Facehugger, because I was like, "What would happen there?" Because even though they call it a Facehugger, it probably doesn't really matter. It just needs access to the inside of your body.

UTF: True.

Chris Roberson: That became an entire evening's worth of conversation around the writers' table about what a Butthugger would do. It almost got on the page. It was in two drafts of the script and then we just had to cut it for real estate purposes. Maybe next time.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Interestingly enough, Cracked or MAD Magazine did a parody of Alien Resurrection where a Butthugger was featured.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Hang on, how does Aliens take place before Prometheus? I thought this series kicked off with a team heading to LV-223 to look for the original crew?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I think they said it happens first out of the comic book titles, not that it happens before the movie 'Prometheus'.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Yeah but I mean the comic book prometheus. Surely that must come first. Then AVP/predator stories jump off after LV223 mission. hadley's hope is about 90 years later.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Aug 17, 2014, 06:35:53 PM
Yeah but I mean the comic book prometheus. Surely that must come first. Then AVP/predator stories jump off after LV223 mission. hadley's hope is about 90 years later.

It seems that they're going with the notion that there wasn't an immediate rescue mission in the 2090s, perhaps because Weyland did such a good job keeping the whole Prometheus expedition shrowded in secrecy. It seems that W-Y sends an expedition back to LV-223 only after refugees from Hadley's Hope wind up there. My guess is that Derrick Russel has a "last survivor" type transmission where he mentions coming across an 80-year-old scientific vessel, the Prometheus, and that this is what prompts The Company to go looking. So yeah, the Prometheus series, along with all the others, will be set in or post 2179.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'd be a little curious about what "scientific vessel" he comes across since the Prometheus rammed the Juggernaut and exploded. :P

More likely, perhaps he finds the lifeboat and activates a distress beacon in it.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Hmm I'm not sure about that. If the company's founder and flagship vessel went missing I certainly wouldn't be waiting 80 years to launch a rescue mission. Plus they are all wearing suits of that era and why would there be posters of David 8 around if he was an old model from nearly a century ago?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Aug 18, 2014, 06:30:31 AM
Hmm I'm not sure about that. If the company's founder and flagship vessel went missing I certainly wouldn't be waiting 80 years to launch a rescue mission. Plus they are all wearing suits of that era and why would there be posters of David 8 around if he was an old model from nearly a century ago?

I wondered that myself. At least we only have about a month before the first issue comes out.  ;D

Dark Horse has released a teaser trailer for Fire and Stone over at io9. Nothing too much new, but interesting nonetheless.

http://io9.com/meet-the-star-of-the-prometheus-sequel-comic-1623218990

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Kelly Sue DeConnick is involved?

Well, now i actually give a f**k about these comics!

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 18, 2014, 06:56:34 PM
Kelly Sue DeConnick is involved?

Well, now i actually give a f**k about these comics!

She's writing the double-sized wrap-up Prometheus: Omega issue. She was also one of the editors on all the books.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 15, 2014, 09:11:48 PMthe art on Ahab is very reminiscent of the old covers for Bad Blood. I wonder if maybe it's the same artist.

The large mandibles and the spikes on his knuckles

Bad Blood had good covers and decent interior art. Some scenes were a bit too chaotic for my taste

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed