Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 283,291 times)

happypred

Let's just hope the interior art approaches the awesomeness of the cover art revealed so far...

We all remember how incredible TWW's cover art was (the stuff by Swanland)

...and then when you actually opened the book you got this childish Saturday morning cartoon shit

MrSpaceJockey

Well Juan Ferreyra's art seems to be looking good, at least.

happypred

We have yet to see the interior artwork, but I have hope that it will be at least as good as the art of Civilised Beasts

MrSpaceJockey

I'm pretty sure we have seen sketches of Juan's Prometheus interior artwork on twitter.

https://twitter.com/juaneferreyra

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I really like what Ferreyra has shown us so far, and I bet it'll look amazing colored.

We've also seen some interiors of Aliens #1.

It all already looks head and shoulders above what we got in TWW. Man, that art was bad.

StrangeShape

Really like what I see so far. Damn, I cant friggin wait

Corporal Hicks

I know I'm one of the few but I enjoyed the action-paced style...when action was occuring.

But these interiors do look lovely. I'm eager to get the comics.

AliceApocalypse

Hoping for more of this soon!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jan 16, 2014, 07:33:14 PM
Hoping for more of this soon!

Sadly, we're not likely to get Machiko Noguchi ever again. Especially how Scott Allie said that they weren't going to be revisiting any of the classic storylines.

happypred

I'm not a fan of team-ups but the Machiko team-up in Prey is handled OK. The best team-up (even though I generally don't prefer team-ups) is in Duel. In that comic, the team-up is truly out of temporary necessity

Anyway, I'm glad they're not re-visiting Machiko and are moving on to new ideas. Machiko already as Prey, Hunter's Planet, War, TWW

Ultramorph

Who knows, maybe in time we'll come to like the Galgo chracter Williamson is creating just as much as Machiko.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Jan 17, 2014, 12:09:58 AM
Anyway, I'm glad they're not re-visiting Machiko and are moving on to new ideas. Machiko already as Prey, Hunter's Planet, War, TWW

I'm actually gonna miss Machiko. At least she lives on in the old continuity.

Topazora

Topazora

Her story has been told and it has been told well- personally.

SM

SM

What's to miss?  She's not going anywhere.

Ultramorph

Quote from: Topazora on Jan 17, 2014, 02:10:30 AM
Her story has been told and it has been told well- personally.

She was a really good character for introducing us to Predator culture, but you're right about her story being pretty much told. I thought her "I'm done with all this" moment from the end of TWW was pretty final, not least because I found it really distasteful how obvious it was as a proxy for Stradley saying "Screw it, I'm done with AvP."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed