'Alien Ring'

Started by draken161, Jan 15, 2012, 03:03:24 AM

Author
'Alien Ring' (Read 24,506 times)

draken161

draken161

A lot of shots in the trailer seem to point toward the SJ ship present in the trailer is the very same as that of the one present on LV-426. I am confused as to whether the planet the ship crashes on is the very same planet or not.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: draken161 on Jan 15, 2012, 03:03:24 AM
A lot of shots in the trailer seem to point toward the SJ ship present in the trailer is the very same as that of the one present on LV-426.

Beyond the ships looking very similiar... No. Not really.

draken161

draken161

Okay, I was partially hoping for a lead-up to the original n__n

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

From what we know it's highly unlikely it's the same eingineer/Jockey craft, it's just the way the trailer is presented to alien fans is kind of an indirect tease, if it is the one it will be indicated in the last 8 minutes of the film. Someone should just ask Scott outright but knowing him he will answer a question very cryptically. He's been ok so far, such as straight up stating no xenomorphs or face huggers are in the film, but i think most will agree on these boards that it is a different jockey ship, it also gives Scott more creative freedom too having that approach.

SM

SM

A lot of shots in the trailer seem to point toward the SJ ship present in the trailer is the very same as that of the one present on LV-426. I am confused as to whether the planet the ship crashes on is the very same planet or not.

The one in the trailer is more a uniform U shape and doesn't have the bends in each prong.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

And whatever the similarities of the shape, the surface pattern of the ship is different and less organic.

We might even go on to talk about the space jockeys not being the same

r888

r888

It's not the same ship
It's different

Ash 937

Ash 937

The jockey in Alien is fossilized in the chair.  There isn't enough time between Prometheus and Alien for this to happen.  I think that regardless of what we find out in Prometheus, the derelict on LV-426 is a ship from another time and will probably be continuing to collect dust as the events of Prometheus unfold somewhere else in the universe.

bleau

bleau

Quote from: r888 on Jan 16, 2012, 12:54:51 AM
It's not the same ship
It's different

it is a little different, but I think it is meant to be the same ship and the same planet it crashes on.  ;D

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jan 16, 2012, 01:05:25 AM
The jockey in Alien is fossilized in the chair.  There isn't enough time between Prometheus and Alien for this to happen.  I think that regardless of what we find out in Prometheus, the derelict on LV-426 is a ship from another time and will probably be continuing to collect dust as the events of Prometheus unfold somewhere else in the universe.

It can take 100's possibly 1000's of years, Or as little as 20 or so. Depends on environmental conditions. I always liked the idea that the jockey had been there fore a really long time. ??? but hey I can't judge till I see the film. It could be a different jockey ship.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: bleau on Jan 16, 2012, 03:15:07 AM
I think it is meant to be the same ship and the same planet it crashes on.  ;D

It isn't. We've already been told by the writers that it isn't.

Deuterium

Deuterium

A small correction, if I may...
I've tried to explain this a few times before, but everyone keeps using the term "fossilized", which is wrong.  Yes, I understand that is what Dallas (or was it Kane) said when they saw the Space Jockey, but they were using improper terminology (they weren't scientists, after all... they were essentially merchant marines).  Fossilization is a sedimentary process, in which organic matter is replaced by minerals after being completely covered in sediment...and it takes millions of years.

The Space Jockey was not a "fossil", but rather it had been naturally "mummified" by being exposed to the atmosphere of LV-426, which presumedly is low in oxygen and water (vapor) and extreme cold.

Ravager

Ravager

^ Thank you well said.

Popsicle works to! :P

Ucdavisnum1

Ucdavisnum1

I've been saying it for awhile that it is the same ship, and the "planet" in the trailer is really a moon (you can see a larger planetoid object in the background in the trailer).  LV-426 is a moon.  Connect the dots.  Everything is really the same from the ship to the moon.

bleau

bleau

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 16, 2012, 03:29:47 AM
Quote from: bleau on Jan 16, 2012, 03:15:07 AM
I think it is meant to be the same ship and the same planet it crashes on.  ;D

It isn't. We've already been told by the writers that it isn't.

Thats news to me. Was this from a long time ago? ???

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: deuterium on Jan 16, 2012, 03:46:59 AM

A small correction, if I may...
I've tried to explain this a few times before, but everyone keeps using the term "fossilized", which is wrong.  Yes, I understand that is what Dallas (or was it Kane) said when they saw the Space Jockey, but they were using improper terminology (they weren't scientists, after all... they were essentially merchant marines).  Fossilization is a sedimentary process, in which organic matter is replaced by minerals after being completely covered in sediment...and it takes millions of years.

The Space Jockey was not a "fossil", but rather it had been naturally "mummified" by being exposed to the atmosphere of LV-426, which presumedly is low in oxygen and water (vapor) and extreme cold.
^ People should pay more attention to this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed