"Alien Redesign" speculation

Started by Major Alan Schaefer, Jun 24, 2010, 11:46:32 PM

Author
"Alien Redesign" speculation (Read 30,619 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Imagine the characters being trapped in a ship with those things all over the place.

And you've gotta love Giger. Screw subtlety, just slap a cock on it. 

Mus

Mus

That tongue drill is really rather brilliant. I find it very unsettling. And totally, having things like those sticking out from the walls would really be something.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 26, 2010, 04:09:58 PM
They may refer to this...
http://www.ionoi.it/images/article/45/1.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing this rip through the fabric of space and time to eat the minds of men.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I wouldn't also.
I'd desexualize it a bit before though.

Mus

Mus

That's like desexualising a hat made out of penises, in which case you might as well wear an ordinary hat.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Remove some too explicit details, that's it.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 26, 2010, 05:08:19 PM
I wouldn't also.
I'd desexualize it a bit before though.

Agreed. Make it like the original Alien. It's only there if you're looking for it.

chupacabras acheronsis

No! i want to see people both horryfied and aroused at the same time! thats the whole point of the Gigers' Alien!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

But the Alien ain't have so much Sexual Explicit details into it. They even modified the egg aperture, don't see why they couldn't tweak this over for the same reasons.

Nightmare Asylum

Right. Because, at least in my opinion, when I watch Alien, I just want to experience a great story, and get scared.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah, I don't care at all if the Alien has or hasn't an shitload of sex details. I just want it to have the signature aspects of it.

Nightmare Asylum

Yep. Just make it look horrible and grotesque, in a good way :P And definitely keep the bio mechanical elements. That drill instead of mini mouth, that is great. It keeps the same concept of the original alien, but it catches you off guard by providing something new and horrible (as in gross, not bad design).

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Spaghetti on Jun 26, 2010, 05:07:19 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 26, 2010, 04:09:58 PM
They may refer to this...
http://www.ionoi.it/images/article/45/1.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing this rip through the fabric of space and time to eat the minds of men.

Yeah I'm pretty fond of that concept too but I think they could do better. I'm sure it'd get tweaked a lot if they used that design. I just hope its something that we all can say "That's an Alien." but not something that is exactly what we are used too.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Giger's snake alien

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

I'd totally be cool with some strait up 3D Gigeresque monstrosities squirming out of the screen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed