"Zeta Reticuli" - The Jockey Homeworld?

Started by War Wager, May 13, 2010, 07:58:25 PM

Author
"Zeta Reticuli" - The Jockey Homeworld? (Read 3,545 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Since Ridley confirmed that as the name of planet the film(s) will feature/be based upon, I've been wondering what kind of planet it is.

Say this is actually the planet the Space Jockey's originate from. But they're nearing extinction and the planet appears barren. That's how the terraforming comes into play and how the humans come across the Alien(s) in the first place.

SM

He could simply be referring to Zeta 2 Reticuli - the star system where LV-426 is located.  Which was originally the Aliens homeworld.

Xenoscream

Quote from: SM on May 13, 2010, 11:38:39 PM
He could simply be referring to Zeta 2 Reticuli - the star system where LV-426 is located.  Which was originally the Aliens homeworld.

Just wondering where you got that info from?

I've never seen the name of the system before.

Chris!(($$))!

I believe Zeta 2 Reticuli comes from the Alien Quadrilogy set.

I don't think it was ever the Xeno homeworld. As far as we know there is no Xeno homeworld cause the Space Jockeys might of bio engineered them.

Edward Brock

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on May 22, 2010, 05:30:10 AM
I believe Zeta 2 Reticuli comes from the Alien Quadrilogy set.
No neet to go that far. It's actually mentioned in the first movie by Lambert when she's trying to get a sense of where they are.

QuoteLambert: I found it. Just short of Zeta II Reticuli. We haven't reached the Outer Rim yet.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that it's either the system's name or the the name of the big planet which LV-426 is orbiting. Which makes it kinda confusing. If the Jockey's homeworld is so close to LV-426, how come didn't the Company detect it? Or maybe Scott just screwed up the terms...

SM

QuoteJust wondering where you got that info from?

I've never seen the name of the system before.

This...
QuoteIt's actually mentioned in the first movie by Lambert when she's trying to get a sense of where they are.

Although...

QuoteIf I had to take a guess, I'd say that it's either the system's name or the the name of the big planet which LV-426 is orbiting. Which makes it kinda confusing.

Why guess?  You're on the internet.  A very quick Google will tell you Zeta 2 Reticuli is a real star about 36 ly from Earth.

Edward Brock

*facepalm*

*retreats silently...*

Vulhala

Quote from: SM on May 23, 2010, 11:07:36 PM
Why guess?  You're on the internet.  A very quick Google will tell you Zeta 2 Reticuli is a real star about 36 ly from Earth.

I'm just glad we haven't found any planets around it yet..... :D

Edward Brock

Anyway, Scott really screwed up the terms then. This is the reason why this thread got started in the first place:

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=643:ridley-scotts-alien-prequel-will-be-tough-and-nasty

Quote"If the first ALIEN took place in 2090, [the new movie] will take place in the years before that, when they first come across this thing on a planet called Zeta Reticuli (...)"
D'oh!

SM

SM

Riddles doesn't write the scripts.

QuoteI'm just glad we haven't found any planets around it yet.....

Depends who you ask.

Gate

2090? HAH!

C91_SJ

Quote from: Edward Brock on May 23, 2010, 04:11:17 PM
Which makes it kinda confusing. If the Jockey's homeworld is so close to LV-426, how come didn't the Company detect it?

Well maybe the Jockey's already died out to that date? Maybe the Jockey we saw in A1 was the last one of its race? Who knows? :)

SM

SM

Maybe the Derelict wasn't a ship at all.

Aeus

Given the ludicrous shape I'd guess that it was a theme park attraction.

Hive Tyrant

Space observatory with large underground snack storage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed