What are your FAVOURITE and LEAST FAVOURITE Parts of the Xenomorph?

Started by Alien3Rules, May 24, 2017, 10:33:17 PM

Author
What are your FAVOURITE and LEAST FAVOURITE Parts of the Xenomorph? (Read 4,370 times)

Local Trouble

Paradoxically, the head is my favorite and the skull is my least favorite.

ScrapBrain

I love everything about Giger's Alien, it's flawless. The skull hidden under the translucent dome is an amazing touch, the fact that you only get a slight glimpse of it makes it a lot more eerie. I also love the double thumb on each hand and even the dorsal pipes.

As for my least favourites: Resurrection - no need to explain. I also don't like the 3 finger look in Aliens, nor do I like the forearm blades. I'm not a big fan of the double jointed dinosaur style legs either. I like my Xenos with much more humanoid aspects.

Local Trouble

Quote from: ScrapBrain on Aug 01, 2017, 07:48:43 PM
The skull hidden under the translucent dome is an amazing touch,

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 01, 2017, 08:36:32 PM

http://i.imgur.com/u1zoaW0.gif

Row row row your boat, gently down the stream...

_______

Can't fault the original Giger alien in any way. It's beautiful and terrifying.

Least favourite would be the attempts to make it look more monstery - so the lumpy long string bean fingers in Aliens, the dinosaur legs in Isolation (there's a reason in Alien3), the arm blades, the lack of dome - all the things that detract from the original superior model.

I think the queen is an amazing animatronic creation, but I dislike the design - again too much of a monster/dinosaur/insect construct. The glass teeth are cool though.

windebieste

Quote from: Elmazalman on May 25, 2017, 10:00:00 PM
FAVOURITE PART : The original Giger design as seen in ALIEN. Perfect in every way, from head to tail, an incredible achievement and still my favourite movie monster.

LEAST FAVOURITE PART : Everything that came afterwards is lacking in one way or another.

Yup.  :)

-Windebieste.

ScrapBrain

Come on now. We all know the skull is way better than Cameron's edgy revision for Aliens.

Local Trouble

Nuh-uh.  I prefer the sculpted texture of the Cameron/Winston head, although I wish they'd kept the translucent carapace.

BigDaddyJohn

I always loved the smooth dome, the inner mouth and some of the bio-mechanical features (arms), and i don't think i really dislike anything.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

NeoXenoPred

The domed head was better than the ridged head in my opinion. It surely looks scarier and serial killer-vibe, while the ridged dome gives it a more warrior-like. I liked Alien 1979 legs more than Aliens, because of its human-like feature, while Aliens have a more monstrous legs. The biomechanical features made us think of a somewhat perfect hybrid between biological and mechanical things, but also somewhat terrifying. The inner jaw and tail are cool looking, too(tail fin are only good in some case, like underwater scene, otherwise it wouldn't appeal to me).

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ScrapBrain on Aug 02, 2017, 08:32:35 AM

Come on now. We all know the skull is way better than Cameron's edgy revision for Aliens.

It's just a bit of an on-going joke with some of the members. Skull vs non-skull. It's all light hearted.  :)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Bah, Hicks is teetering on the brink of violent insanity.  You people wouldn't listen to a mad man, would you?

Skulllllll!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

FiorinaFury161

I surely would not.

#AntiSkull

Kimo

I hate the mouths of the AVP aliens and the stupid long ass tail that picks up the Predator.

Gash

Actually the worst thing is that bloody stupid name.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed