What are your FAVOURITE and LEAST FAVOURITE Parts of the Xenomorph?

Started by Alien3Rules, May 24, 2017, 10:33:17 PM

Author
What are your FAVOURITE and LEAST FAVOURITE Parts of the Xenomorph? (Read 4,373 times)

Alien3Rules

you know..the physical attributes of the Xenomorph which you think are the COOLEST and LEAST COOL?

Personlly, for me, I think that the whole "jaw within a jaw" that juts out to kill enemies is totally BAD-ASS and AWESOME!  I have always LOVED it when the Xenomorph opens its mouth and that second mouth comes peekin' on out! :)

I ALSO loved the whole "ACID FOR BLOOD" idea, which was PURE GENIUS, so KUDOS to whoever came up with that one!

As for my "least favourite Xenomorph attribute"....i would have to say the large "back tubes" which most species had.  I just always thought they looked lame, were too big, and completley unnecessary. They made the Xeno look LESS sleek and aerodynamic..and they looked stupid, like a 12 year old boy wanted to add race car parts to the Xenomorph's body.

So, what do you guys think are the Xeno's coolest and least cool features/attributes?

SM

Acid blood was Ron Cobb's idea as far as I know.

Scorpio

Favourite is definitely the long head.

Least favourite is probably the back tubes.

Rankles75

Personally, I like the tubes...  :-\

Acid blood is pretty cool, also like the lack of eyes. Makes it all the more sinister, as does it's ability to move around so quietly despite it's size. That scene in Alien where it drops down behind an unsuspecting Brett is at least one of my favourite moments in the series...

StrangeShape

Well, my favorite part of the design is the idea of plumbing/mechanical parts meshing with it, especially in the head. The headshape (that was gone from Resurection to AVPR), the whole thing really. I cant really think of anything I wouldnt like in the design of the Alien and Aliens creature, and not much I wouldnt like about the Runner

This image represents everything I find amazing about the Alien design, and I love him with or without the dome, as long as its the same or near same design

The body is important to me too, the original and Aliens one, since theyre identical, had some really cool Gigeresque designs on it, which never returned after Aliens

Scorpio

Quote from: Rankles75 on May 25, 2017, 01:15:49 AM
Personally, I like the tubes...  :-\

They look great on the classic alien design by H.R. Giger but by the time of Alien Resurrection where it was completely redesigned there was no need for them.  They just look like floppy rubber appendages and I don't know why they were even included.

markweatherill

The worst excess for me is the Alien Queen's 'stiletto heels' in Aliens.

whiterabbit

The worse thing for me has to be the fin tail from A:R. Best thing, not really sure.

Laz

The inner jaw. That was always the part that stood out 100% the most about the Xeno to me, just another mouth used solely to puncture tough surfaces and to kill. I love the biomechanical design, the acid blood, the tail...but dat inner jaw, tho

As for what I like the least? The legs. More specifically, I don't like the leg design from the first two films, and actually think that the others in the series adding multiple joints to the legs helped make it a little more inhuman. The change also allows the Xeno to move faster, jump further, etc.

Alien3Rules

Quote from: markweatherill on May 25, 2017, 11:29:25 AM
The worst excess for me is the Alien Queen's 'stiletto heels' in Aliens.

+1000000000000000000.  I actually didn't notice the lame "stiletto stripper heels" that they gave the Queen in Aliens UNTIL I was going to buy a Xenomorph Queen Christmas Tree ornament, and then I noticed that her feet looked like she was wearing 6--inch stiletto pumps like a stripper and I was like "WTF?!!!!"  That was lame as hell. Way to make the bad-ass Queen look stupid.   Whoever thought that idea up should be slapped (yes EVEN if it was HR Giger himself), but I think it was probably Cameron.

Scorpio

I never liked the Queen's extra set of floppy T-Rex arms that are 100% useless.  Maybe they were too afraid to put tits on it, or wanted it to look more insect like.  It looks ridiculous, though, and Giger would never design something so stupid.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Favourite parts, The head, the back tubes, the grin, Pretty much everything about the classic designs. but maybe the fifth dorsal appendage, The spiky one, is a bit much.

Not crazy about the skull tough. it's fine where it's at, but I want my aliens to be as faceless as possible.
And that elbow blade the aliens had in Aliens, I never cared for either.

Mr. Clemens

I think Giger's original Alien has no flaw, but if I have to choose a favourite part, I think it'd have to be those double-thumbed hands... they just really resonate with me for some reason.

Again I think the original is perfect in every way, so for worst thing I'll cheat and say the chicken legs of Alien Resurrection.  :P

Elmazalman

FAVOURITE PART : The original Giger design as seen in ALIEN. Perfect in every way, from head to tail, an incredible achievement and still my favourite movie monster.

LEAST FAVOURITE PART : Everything that came afterwards is lacking in one way or another.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

As far as the Queen's stiletto heels, i like it because it goes for the same sexuality theme, and the inner arms i just like in both t rex and the Queen, it breaks the human form too. I think the Queen's feet (which were carbon copy of the original Alien;s feet, plus the feel) are great and much better than AVP's dino feet

As for the Queen not being like Giger's design, he had nothing but a praise for it and actually said he wouldve design it in similar way

"It's all beautifully done, everything, the designs and the way they're executed. The Alien Queen is also nice. She's a bit smaller in the face than my alien but my basic design was very well studied. She was frighteningly well animated. - H.R. Giger, Cinemafantastique Magazine May 1988

The Alien Queen is very complicated, like the way I would have done. I like how she moves - H.R. Giger, Sci-Fi Invasion! 1998

When I heard James Cameron himself designed the Alien Queen I was even more impressed by the talents of this versatile director - H.R Giger, Cinefantastique 1992

Anyway, as I said, as far as the original alien/Aliens aliens I have nothing substantial I wouldnt like about the design (I only didnt care much for the hands of the original and feet of the warrior), but as far as those redesigned Pumpkinhead aliens of the Resurection and AVP movies, what I hated the most about them, aside from making them fleshy monsters and throwing out all the biomechanicality, is the headshape

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed