Script in the works for PROM Seq

Started by draken161, Feb 27, 2013, 06:59:15 AM

Author
Script in the works for PROM Seq (Read 66,478 times)

Highland

Highland

Remember though the derelict in Alien had been exposed to at least one beastie that burst from the original SJ and could have morphed the inside of the ship much like Hadley's Hope.

I don't really have a problem with the ship being slightly different. Perhaps the original derelict was a transporter or science lab where as the Prometheus ships were more geared towards military use.

T Dog

T Dog

Maybe you are right.
But I doubt it.

I think they just took their eye off the ball with most things in Prometheus.
Striving to do something new for yourself and be different creatively is not without it's merits, but when it leads to inferior design and creative back steps then it's simply best to stick with what worked originally.

StrangeShape

Yes, as most of us keep repeating, we accept that its different. We accept that it being different makes sense and have reasons. But what we're saying is that the new design is crap. Sorry to say that, but like someone else said, it looks like a 2 year old design

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Old Deelict interior looked like a twisted mixture of bones, flesh and metal.

Juggermaut interior looks like a bunch of cardboard cutouts sprayed in some dark metallic tone.

One among the things that make the new take on all this so devastatingly uninteresting.

Alien³

Alien³

Different ships, different eras, (maybe) different race.

It's all good in my books.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 05, 2013, 02:01:06 PM
Yes and I think the aesthetic choice is inferior and creatively is a backwards step.

It's sorta supposed to be isn't it?

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 05, 2013, 06:40:06 PM

I think that that is probably wishful thinking. I think it's all supposed to be same ship and being but they just made it shiny and boring.

Quote from: Gash on Mar 05, 2013, 09:07:48 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 05, 2013, 02:01:06 PM
I said: Yes and I think the aesthetic choice is inferior and creatively is a backwards step.

You said: It's sorta supposed to be isn't it?

Why would anybody in their right minds design a set that was nowhere near as interesting as it's predecessor?

Gash

Gash

I never found the alien affected hive areas in Aliens to be very reminiscent of Giger's structures. The chamber in Prometheus evokes it a lot more, not in set photos perhaps but in the film itself.

Virgil

Virgil

Nothing wrong with the design IMO. It looks great in the film.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Gash on Mar 05, 2013, 10:47:28 PM
I never found the alien affected hive areas in Aliens to be very reminiscent of Giger's structures.

Really? Gigers nest resembles the texture of the Aliens hive

Not only that, but the hive itself is biomechanical, thats why aliens mesh so well in it. You can see tubes, grills, ribbing and hoses on the walls, as if theyre part of the alien's body

Gash

Gash

Well, certainly more reminiscent than it seemed in 1986 before the Dallas cocoon scene came to light, however I'd maintain that the lighting, the organised structure and the scale of the juggernaut chamber instantly evokes ALIEN more effectively.

It might also suggest though that the alien secreted resin is what makes the derelict interior look the way it does, from the original Space Jockey burster. ??

StrangeShape

Quote from: Gash on Mar 05, 2013, 11:52:21 PM

It might also suggest though that the alien secreted resin is what makes the derelict interior look the way it does, from the original Space Jockey burster. ??

Its possible. That would explain why the giant cave underneath it has the same style. Also, Gigers unused egg silo had also the same boned design as the walls of the derelict and walls of the cave. So very possible

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 05, 2013, 10:27:38 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 05, 2013, 06:40:06 PM

I think that that is probably wishful thinking. I think it's all supposed to be same ship and being but they just made it shiny and boring.

So do you think this...

...is this?

:-\

Darth Vile

Quote from: StrangeShape on Mar 05, 2013, 05:17:16 PM
Yes, as most of us keep repeating, we accept that its different. We accept that it being different makes sense and have reasons. But what we're saying is that the new design is crap. Sorry to say that, but like someone else said, it looks like a 2 year old design
Really? I'm sure there are plenty of two year olds who could have matched the quality of design on Prometheus...  ::)
There is nothing wrong with the design on Prometheus other than it's not Alien...

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Darth Vile on Mar 06, 2013, 07:19:27 AM
There is nothing wrong with the design on Prometheus other than it's not Alien...

Which, subjectively speaking, is a bother to some of us. Ya know?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed