Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 152,620 times)

Federick Gonsa

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 29, 2011, 07:13:09 PM
I... don't know what to think of this anymore.

Either this is a prequel or a spin-off... It's... confusing.

-Rakai'Thwei

Thats a side-effect of the space-jockey's mind control if harvest has any truth in it.

DoomRulz

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 29, 2011, 07:13:09 PM
I... don't know what to think of this anymore.

Either this is a prequel or a spin-off... It's... confusing.

-Rakai'Thwei

Spin-off I could probably stomach, if they wanted to use little bits and pieces of Alien universe stuff, like set designs and such. But origins? No thanks.

MrsSpaceJockey

does alien really need a prequel or whatever it is... can't they come up with something new? its just unnecessary sure it would be intresting to see aliens homeworld wtf a gaint head don't think i'll take that too seriously!  :o big aliens and facehuggers thats some scary s**t it would be intresting if the space jockies and aliens were allies before things went tits up the spacejockeys in the harvest script sound funny  ;D especially that part when he killed that human for hitting the cat lmao it was abit over the top! lol so the humans find coordinates to an alien planet and just decide to go there withou considerating  whether or not these beings are hostile  they're asking for trouble  :laugh: refuse to watch this if it tells the life story of aliens/jockeys or the aliens are created by spacej's or humans  ;D would make sense if they were engineered   ;D hehe i guess the aliens are the spacejockies babbies

RakaiThwei

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 30, 2011, 03:33:58 AM
Spin-off I could probably stomach, if they wanted to use little bits and pieces of Alien universe stuff, like set designs and such. But origins? No thanks.

So it's a movie, that's not about the Xenomorph, but apparently... Xenomorphs are in this. Right?

....I don't see the point in their appearance in this film. It just seems... unnecessary.

But what the hell, I'm  just rambling.

-Rakai'Thwei

Wobblyboddle77

If we go by what fox and scott have already stated regarding prometheus, i don't think we will directly see a xenomorph as such, just another creature briefly with similar physical traits, fox and scott haven't actually gone on record to state space jockeys are in the film, they just appear to be distancing themselves from it. even lindeloff does and he helped scott rewrite parts of the script. I don't think we will see the derelict or space jockeys, and fox won't risk putting 'alien' in the title before prometheus it would be too much of a gamble after the mess of avp r. If they do try and link it to alien dark horse may do a comic or a novel for that but it's too early to say. I'm glad they have held prometheus back until june, they have more time to develop the project.

dandan

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Jan 30, 2011, 10:48:43 AM
If we go by what fox and scott have already stated regarding prometheus, i don't think we will directly see a xenomorph as such, just another creature briefly with similar physical traits, fox and scott haven't actually gone on record to state space jockeys are in the film, they just appear to be distancing themselves from it. even lindeloff does and he helped scott rewrite parts of the script. I don't think we will see the derelict or space jockeys, and fox won't risk putting 'alien' in the title before prometheus it would be too much of a gamble after the mess of avp r. If they do try and link it to alien dark horse may do a comic or a novel for that but it's too early to say. I'm glad they have held prometheus back until june, they have more time to develop the project.
OMG  another negative person.....

sky have laways got reliable sources they claimed threy have seen parts of the script and have seen the space jockey and there spaceship so i think we will see spacejockeys in the film

scarhunter92

This mess is getting out of control and my brain's about to blow up from thinking about it so I just want Ridley to tell us what the f**k is going on. I want to hear it coming from his mouth.

Meathead320

Meathead320

I'm wondering about this title, "prometheus", name.

Prometheus was the greek titan who was chained to a big rock, as punishment by the gods.

Titan's could regrow missing parts, so he grows back his liver and each day then an eagle comes back to eat it again.

So now I've got this image in my head of some giant re-generating life form that is bound, and being facehugged + chest bursted every day.

Guess its a fast way to build up an army of a lot of big aliens too.  :D

dandan

fassbender is a android eh?! this has to be set in the alien universe if there is an android ! :) i cannot wait

ThisBethesdaSea

Meathead, if that's you in your pic, you're f€#kn hot!

This is an alien prequel. Period.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

I think they didnt even know what they wanted to do till the last minute.
Bit of alien but not alien movie...
Bit of space jockey but not an alien movie...

WHEN THEY DECIDE IF THIS IS an ALIEN PREQUEL or A SPIN OFF or JUST A BIT OF ALIEN MOVIE or an ORIGINAL MOVIE BUT IN THE ALIEN UNIVERSE.....PM ME!!!!

Valaquen

Quote from: Meathead320 on Jan 30, 2011, 03:10:11 PM

Prometheus was the greek titan who was chained to a big rock, as punishment by the gods.

Titan's could regrow missing parts, so he grows back his liver and each day then an eagle comes back to eat it again.

So now I've got this image in my head of some giant re-generating life form that is bound, and being facehugged + chest bursted every day.

The regeneration was part of his punishment, not a natural ability. Don't you people read your Aeschylus!?!  :laugh:

happypred

happypred

deep down I still really want to this to be an alien prequel, I guess I'm just too fond of the universe to let go

before, all my hopes were riding on AvP and AvP-R
those failed (almost comically) to realise the full potential of combining two great franchises...I'm still convinced that a good AvP film could be made, it just takes some dedication and talent

I also had a lot of hope for Predators, which turned out to be quite a mediocre affair

MOST RECENTLY the idea of a pure Alien prequel directed by none other than Ridley Scott had me really really excited once again, I think this is Fox's best bet to revive Alien franchise, as long as it somehow fits with continuity, I would definitely prefer this to an unrelated sci-fi movie   

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 30, 2011, 04:39:07 PM
Quote from: Meathead320 on Jan 30, 2011, 03:10:11 PM

The regeneration was part of his punishment, not a natural ability. Don't you people read your Aeschylus!?!  :laugh:

What do you mean "YOU PEOPLE" ?   >:(   ;D

The point does not rise or fall on it being and innate Titan ability, or solely used as a punishment for Prometheus, being that this one is called Prometheus.

Infected

IF Morocco is in it then the pyramid will also be in it because those were the rumours back then :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed