74 (18.3%)
Love them both
5 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 398

Author
AvPR vs A:R (Read 143,272 times)

Gazz

Gazz

I can't believe I once thought either AvP film better than A:R. I still dislike the latter film but it at least holds some level of artistic merit and depth.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Jeunet's touch alone makes it at least interesting.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

He just wasn't suitable for the franchise. Neither was Whedon.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Omegazilla on Nov 18, 2014, 09:51:37 PM
Yeah, as toilet paper AvPR's far better.

*inhales*

Pssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 19, 2014, 09:46:46 AM
He just wasn't suitable for the franchise. Neither was Whedon.

Agreed. But there were memorable and well-done shots and moments from the film that weren't just ripoffs and rehashes of what came before.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Can't disagree with you at all. AvPR was a "best-of" but badly done video compilation that belonged on YouTube.

Dark Blade1

Dark Blade1

A;R i like that one more it had more action in it.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

AvPR: It has.... It has.... the PredAlien? No because even the quality of the PredXeno can be debated.

AR: It has a great cast, good art style, decent cinematography, and some themes I think Giger would be somewhat proud of.

AR no doubt. Now AvP vs AR. That might be a closer battle. Or AR vs PREDATORS.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

So AVPR is on the syfy channel today. I used my aunts vizio smart TV to raise the brightness to max. It...actually worked a little. Could actually see stuff clearly.

Infected

Infected

I dont think you can blame the studios in this,
if you would read AVP:R as a script it would be good to read.
The execution of the movie is just bad and misses every lack of realness and grittyness the Predator and Alien series had.
I still think the future of both these franchises are in the AVP world.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

As others have said, Resurrection may have been a bad Alien movie, but it was at least interesting, competently made, contained some nice imagery, and even has a few moments of genuine greatness. Plus Siggy is just superb in it.

AVP:R is a train wreck. It's not just the worst film featuring the Alien, it's one of the worst films I've ever seen, period. To produce a piece of crap like that for such a big-name franchise just beggars belief.

Oh yeah, you could also see what was happening in Resurrection.

Quote from: Infected on Oct 26, 2015, 12:47:07 PMif you would read AVP:R as a script it would be good to read.

I seriously doubt that. The dialogue and characterisation is just appallingly bad.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The earlier version of the AvPR script that is available is just...it's worse than the finished film. *shudders*

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 13, 2015, 09:00:39 AM
The earlier version of the AvPR script that is available is just...it's worse than the finished film. *shudders*

What were the differences of said script and final version?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Same basic story but lots of differences inside it. It's in our downloads section. Give it a read if you're curious.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 13, 2015, 04:55:38 PM
Same basic story but lots of differences inside it. It's in our downloads section. Give it a read if you're curious.
I will hold my breath close my eyes open then read slowly. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed