John Wick

Started by ace3g, Sep 12, 2014, 11:23:05 PM

Author
John Wick (Read 39,486 times)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 20, 2019, 07:45:20 PM
Saw the trailer of next one in cinema before watching Alita Battle Angel. "So they gonna throw Morpheus in third one? Really?" - my thoughts.
Funny note, when Winston asks Wick what he needs and replies "Guns, lots of guns", was a nod at The Matrix, that white gun room scene.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I lol'd at that.

ace3g

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: ace3g on Mar 22, 2019, 11:57:32 PMhttps://twitter.com/KevinRBrackett/status/1108846821206568960

Lol he looks like he could be playing John Goodman's character in a Lebowski prequel :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I have never seen any of the John Wick movies.  I keep meaning to, but you know...

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 24, 2019, 05:42:15 AM
I have never seen any of the John Wick movies.  I keep meaning to, but you know...
Trust me dude, order yourself a pizza, open a nice cold soda/beer/liquor/whatever you like to drink, and you'll be in for a good night!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 24, 2019, 05:42:15 AM

They're alright. I think they're a bit overrated. I'm glad Keanu found something solid though.

P-Rock

P-Rock

The first Wick is great. The second one is just okay. They took the story in all the wrong directions and made Wick into some kind of superhuman killer. It probably has to do with the fact that the first one had two directors, while the second one had the less talented one (Stahelski). The other guy (Leitch) went on and made Atomic Blonde and Deadpool 2.

CristianoRonaldo7

CristianoRonaldo7

I disagree. 2 is way better than 1. And Stahelski is way better than Leitch. Deadpool 2 was so mediocre

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I really like both movies, but the simplicity of the story in first gives it the edge for me. There was something really refreshing about how bare-bones it's plot was, yet it still managed to have some heart to it. The second introduced far more of a story, and while I wouldn't go as far as to say that hurt the film, I definitely missed the stripped-down feel of the first one. It also lacked the simple but effective emotional connect the original had.

MudButt

MudButt

The second movie was always going to struggle with giving us a good reason for Wick to get back into action after essentially doing what he needed to do in the first film. I think they did the best they could but they left the second movie in a great place for the third movies story.

I like the world building they've done for the series so far and I'm still interested in the TV show they're planning.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I didn't like the lack of boss fights the 1st had.  It was just keanu whipping on a bunch of toolbags.

At least Keanu had common and ruby rose to go through in the 2nd.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 25, 2019, 07:26:25 PM
I didn't like the lack of boss fights the 1st had.  It was just keanu whipping on a bunch of toolbags.

At least Keanu had common and ruby rose to go through in the 2nd.

And now he has Jason Mantzoukas in the third movie. His ultimate foe.

ace3g

First Blood

First Blood

Interesting, I didn't think anyone was going to die in this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed