Ridley Scott Alludes to Ripley's Mother in Alien: Covenant Sequel

Started by RidgeTop, Jul 08, 2017, 10:12:18 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Alludes to Ripley's Mother in Alien: Covenant Sequel (Read 39,992 times)

0321recon

Fox if your monitoring this forum can you tell Riddles just to stick with David, the engineers, Xeno and protomorphs,  and possibly the proto colonial marines for the final film.

Also, stop messing up the edits to get more butts in theaters seats. It didn't help Prometheus or Covenant.

Protozoid

Quote from: 0321recon on Jul 10, 2017, 01:52:55 AM
Fox if your monitoring this forum can you tell Riddles just to stick with David, the engineers, Xeno and protomorphs,  and possibly the proto colonial marines for the final film.

Also, stop messing up the edits to get more butts in theaters seats. It didn't help Prometheus or Covenant.
Please no Marines or xenos. I'm even getting tired of David. Give us something new or just stop.

SM

Quote from: Highland on Jul 10, 2017, 01:40:15 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 09, 2017, 08:17:56 PM
Quote from: Highland on Jul 09, 2017, 01:51:14 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 09, 2017, 01:22:22 PM
I don't understand why the idea is so offensive.  So it makes the whole thing a family affair.  Either you like the idea or hate it.  I don't hate it, it depends on what the screenwriters and the director do with it.  It may make a lot of sense in a certain context.  It may not, but work within the movie.

I'm actually curious to see Ripley's mother in a future Alien film, that would make at least interest in that character.

So that's a no then for the second time.

Anyone .....anyone justifying the Ripley's mum thing'with a single idea.... we are just looking for one answer. Even a stupid one.

The act of not raving like a predictable stereotypical fanboy over an idea that might be considered in a couple of films (when the next one is looking unlikely) doesn't equate to justifying the idea.

Strike three. You can hardly blame people for raving slightly when Scotts just pulled the rug from under the majority of the Alien universe and the small corner that remains intact has the potential to get nuked off the planet - just to make sure.

Amanda Ripley stuff is fine, it's believable in the context of what happened and fits in a gap - where's there's an actual gap. David made the eggs - 50 page discussion on the various possibility's. Did David kill Walter - 15 page discussion on the various possibility's.....

Should Ripley's mum be in the prequels - "Sure, it could work"

Lol, it's like a Edgar Wright joke in real life.

I don't blame people for raving like predictable stereotypical fanboys.  It's what they do.

Including some connection to Ripley could very well suck.  But I'll be buggered if I'm going to carry on like an idiot about an idea that might be in a movie after the next movie that's looking less and less likely to get made anyway.  And then demand that those with an opposing view tell me how it will work and childishly give them 'strikes" - as if it's their job to write Alien movies or peer into Riddles' head.

Scorpio

SM is right, but you don't have to look at it 'glass half empty' wise.  It may not suck, it could be good.  But no fan is on the side of optimism, it seems.

monkeylove

The catch is that investors will be providing the funding, and if they are not convinced that this will do well, then the studio will look at other projects.

Highland

Quote from: SM on Jul 10, 2017, 01:57:49 AM
Quote from: Highland on Jul 10, 2017, 01:40:15 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 09, 2017, 08:17:56 PM
Quote from: Highland on Jul 09, 2017, 01:51:14 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 09, 2017, 01:22:22 PM
I don't understand why the idea is so offensive.  So it makes the whole thing a family affair.  Either you like the idea or hate it.  I don't hate it, it depends on what the screenwriters and the director do with it.  It may make a lot of sense in a certain context.  It may not, but work within the movie.

I'm actually curious to see Ripley's mother in a future Alien film, that would make at least interest in that character.

So that's a no then for the second time.

Anyone .....anyone justifying the Ripley's mum thing'with a single idea.... we are just looking for one answer. Even a stupid one.

The act of not raving like a predictable stereotypical fanboy over an idea that might be considered in a couple of films (when the next one is looking unlikely) doesn't equate to justifying the idea.

Strike three. You can hardly blame people for raving slightly when Scotts just pulled the rug from under the majority of the Alien universe and the small corner that remains intact has the potential to get nuked off the planet - just to make sure.

Amanda Ripley stuff is fine, it's believable in the context of what happened and fits in a gap - where's there's an actual gap. David made the eggs - 50 page discussion on the various possibility's. Did David kill Walter - 15 page discussion on the various possibility's.....

Should Ripley's mum be in the prequels - "Sure, it could work"

Lol, it's like a Edgar Wright joke in real life.

I don't blame people for raving like predictable stereotypical fanboys.  It's what they do.

Including some connection to Ripley could very well suck.  But I'll be buggered if I'm going to carry on like an idiot about an idea that might be in a movie after the next movie that's looking less and less likely to get made anyway.  And then demand that those with an opposing view tell me how it will work and childishly give them 'strikes" - as if it's their job to write Alien movies or peer into Riddles' head.

It is silly and the fact that nobody can think of an idea in a forum that is here to generate idea's and discussion, shows how idiotic it is. I dunno, if you don't want to see fan boys get frothy then it's probably a bad place to hang out.

Personally I don't think it'll happen anyway, I just think it shows how unstable the Alien universe is right now, that something like that would even get brought up. That's no Dutch cameo , it's a whole new level of stupid.

SM

QuotePersonally I don't think it'll happen anyway

Which is why I'm refraining from getting frothy. 

Scorpio

Quote from: Highland on Jul 10, 2017, 02:12:49 AM
That's no Dutch cameo , it's a whole new level of stupid.

You would not pay to see the predator fight Dutch's father in the 1940s?

Given Dutch is Austrian/German.  If Dutch's father was a Nazi.. Nazis vs Predator.  I would definitely pay to see that.

SM

PierreVW

Quote from: T Dog on Jul 09, 2017, 12:07:06 PM
Quote from: Pinback on Jul 09, 2017, 11:11:05 AM
Somebody needs to stage an intervention with Ridley Scott.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/David+Fincher+Christopher+Nolan+63rd+Annual+c5c4v1Cq6NTl.jpg

Those 3 are fans of Ridley Scott. Especially Fincher and Nolan.

FYI: Nolan made an openning speech for the DGA Honorary Award to Ridley Scott this year.

Highland

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 10, 2017, 02:30:41 AM

Quote from: Highland on Jul 10, 2017, 02:12:49 AM
That's no Dutch cameo , it's a whole new level of stupid.

You would not pay to see the predator fight Dutch's father in the 1940s?

Given Dutch is Austrian/German.  If Dutch's father was a Nazi.. Nazis vs Predator.  I would definitely pay to see that.

Why does it have to be Dutches father? That story works perfectly fine without it being Dutches father, just like Alien works perfectly fine without finding out that Ripley's mum packed Ripley's lunch box just before she set off for work. 

There's almost zero benift and I bet my ass, 98% of the people watching a new Predator movie set in the 1940's wouldn't even click when the general say's Mr Schaefer...this way please - ###WOOOOSH right over their heads and out the back door.

I can't even tell when I'm getting trolled on this board!

Scorpio

Ripley is the most iconic (apart from Star Wars characters) in sci fi films.  Of course people are going to care.

That's the fun of prequels, otherwise nobody would make them.  You get to see the origins of the alien, the space jockey, Weyland Yutani, etc.  The only thing they haven't covered is Ripley.

Protozoid

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 10, 2017, 03:37:25 AM
Ripley is the most iconic (apart from Star Wars characters) in sci fi films.
What about Godzilla, Kirk, Spock, the Terminator, the Ghostbusters, the Doctor, and Deckard? Ripley is on the list, for sure, but the pantheon of sci-fi heroes doesn't need her to return again.

Scorpio

We've already had a Terminator prequel and a Star Trek prequel. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed