Ridley Scott Alludes to Ripley's Mother in Alien: Covenant Sequel

Started by RidgeTop, Jul 08, 2017, 10:12:18 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Alludes to Ripley's Mother in Alien: Covenant Sequel (Read 39,989 times)

Scorpio

Highland

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 09, 2017, 09:38:30 AM
In what way plausible?

Maybe in context, it will all make sense. 

You're both dodging bullets like Neo on the rooftop.

Just give me one idea. I'm not trolling, I'm not looking to prove a point. I'm genuinely interested in how the hell you tie Ripley's mum to Alien.

Scorpio

I don't understand why the idea is so offensive.  So it makes the whole thing a family affair.  Either you like the idea or hate it.  I don't hate it, it depends on what the screenwriters and the director do with it.  It may make a lot of sense in a certain context.  It may not, but work within the movie.

I'm actually curious to see Ripley's mother in a future Alien film, that would make at least interest in that character.

Mr. Clemens

If a character has to be Ripley's mother to be interesting, we've got serious problems...

gantarat

Highland

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 09, 2017, 01:22:22 PM
I don't understand why the idea is so offensive.  So it makes the whole thing a family affair.  Either you like the idea or hate it.  I don't hate it, it depends on what the screenwriters and the director do with it.  It may make a lot of sense in a certain context.  It may not, but work within the movie.

I'm actually curious to see Ripley's mother in a future Alien film, that would make at least interest in that character.

So that's a no then for the second time.

Anyone .....anyone justifying the Ripley's mum thing'with a single idea.... we are just looking for one answer. Even a stupid one.

dinosauriac

That's it, I'm officially checking out of this franchise.

LiquidMonster

Seriously, what the hell is Scott doing? There's no need for "Ripley's mom" to be in an ALIEN movie. I swear, he and his writers are just throwing shit at a wall and seeing if it sticks.

This is also an indictment that he's run out of ideas and gas on the ALIEN franchise and needs to leave it alone. He's ruining it. Completely burning it to the ground.

So sad.

To all those people who were against Blomkamp's "ALIEN 5"....hope you're happy with the complete shit show Scott is giving us with these idiotic sequels. They're NOT SCARY. He's using gore for SHOCK VALUE. He's lost his touch. He only showed glimpses of it in ALIEN and it worked brilliantly. Less is more. Now he's ruining his vision and ours by showing and explaining EVERYTHING to us.

Do not get me wrong though. Ridley Scott is a phenomenal director. He's just lost his vision and creativity with ALIEN. Hell, he admitted as much before he even filmed Prometheus. It's NOT US that are burned out on the "Big Guy" aka Xeno it's Ridley Scott.

/Poors one out for Neil Blomkamp's "ALIEN 5". I would have taken one final Ripley story over this garbage. :(

gantarat

gantarat

Well i don't think Alien 5 would be good either and no way that  Fox will let blomkamp retcon Alien 3,4

newbeing

I can't believe he still thinks such a shoehorned idea is worth pursuing. I had thought the Ripley's mother idea was just a bad rumor.

maro

Remember the time when you thought of a returning Ridley Scott as the savior of this franchise?

He only came to destroy  ::)
This news marks my leave from this franchise.

SM

Quote from: Highland on Jul 09, 2017, 01:51:14 PM

Anyone .....anyone justifying the Ripley's mum thing'with a single idea.... we are just looking for one answer. Even a stupid one.

The act of not raving like a predictable stereotypical fanboy over an idea that might be considered in a couple of films (when the next one is looking unlikely) doesn't equate to justifying the idea.

Justice Lord

It would be hilarious if David somehow turns out to be Ripley's Dad. You see David injested black goo which gave him... umm ..magical biological properties which allowed him to father Ripley.

Le Celticant

Quote from: SM on Jul 09, 2017, 09:47:51 AM
I dunno.  I thought Isolation was a terrible idea and was proved wrong, so I won't pre-judge any stuff like this.

Yup exactly but, Isolation was really smart on several levels, which Ridley still has to show us, he had two movies, and even uniting both I can barely think of them as averagely above Resurrection which ain't a great compliment to my tastes.

Isolation on the other side made no wrong note, only wrong note it did like all great thing was commercial reception which was mixed and wasn't the hit they had hoped for.

One could say you either make great stories or a great amount of money, there are only a handful who can ally both and this is not a magic formula that can be copy / pasted everytime.

Highland

Quote from: SM on Jul 09, 2017, 08:17:56 PM
Quote from: Highland on Jul 09, 2017, 01:51:14 PM

The act of not raving like a predictable stereotypical fanboy over an idea that might be considered in a couple of films (when the next one is looking unlikely) doesn't equate to justifying the idea.

Strike three. You can hardly blame people for raving slightly when Scotts just pulled the rug from under the majority of the Alien universe and the small corner that remains intact has the potential to get nuked off the planet - just to make sure.

Amanda Ripley stuff is fine, it's believable in the context of what happened and fits in a gap - where's there's an actual gap. David made the eggs - 50 page discussion on the various possibility's. Did David kill Walter - 15 page discussion on the various possibility's.....

Should Ripley's mum be in the prequels - "Sure, it could work"

Lol, it's like a Edgar Wright joke in real life.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed