Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Kay for realz now.
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Though its honestly not what I would expect from the movie, considering that the jockey this was based on is now a suit. 

I'll get the old one up eventually, but a quick google reveals this tiny little thumbnail.  Rest of the link is brokenz. 

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Shit, here it is
Here it f**king is!
Too bad for no full size... but oh well, I guess that is something already.
Love your new version to bits, too.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

i spent more time looking for this picture than writting this reply.

harlock

harlock

The one buried in spoilers with the big naked guy bodyguard  ;D was awesome, this ones it for me.

Sso02V

Sso02V

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jul 20, 2011, 04:45:38 AM
I remember that piece!  Except you also did a cool inverted colors edit on it.  ;)  Good stuff, good stuff.
Oh yeah, I remember that.

It was originally just the head, but I got a lot of requests from people to finish it.

The design was going to be even more bizarre, but I didn't want to freak people out. One version had big ol' gorilla arms and tiny legs, under the idea that the Jockey's own legs were practically useless. Another idea had a snake-like lower body.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I like those other concepts.  I would try them myself, but I usually like the more feminine, slender look, even if a larger, bulkier body would be closer to that of a jockey.

Your trunk on the alien looks like its going to be utilized in  Aliens: Infestation too.

Snowdog

Snowdog

I want this to be the spacejockey alien !

And i still hope  the suit thing isn't real. i want jockey as we know it :P

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Nice clean drawing style

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: Snowdog on Aug 02, 2011, 05:50:18 PM
I want this to be the spacejockey alien !

And i still hope  the suit thing isn't real. i want jockey as we know it :P

Nicely reverse-engineered!!

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

KFS

KFS

Guys the elephantesque tube is just part of the Engineer's suit not his actual body.
So if we get an Engineer's xeno he will likely not look like that.

But i do like the style of the last drawing.
Congrats.

Snowdog

Snowdog

I still hope the whole suit idea isn't going to happen :P i never really liked it. but i trust Ridley Scott. So whatever he comes up with i will be ok with it. I trust he will find a smart solution for the jockey. wether it is a suit or not.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

The suit idea I don't go so much for.  But I read somewhere, maybe it was Valaquen, or the Doug that does the wicked jockey designs, but someone once said what if the whole SHIP was a suit.  That, I could go for.  Tying in with the whole concept of integration of technology.

biosynth

biosynth

I did this awhile ago thinking about what the Jockey during planet terriforming would look like.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed