Lets talk "The Predator 2018"

Started by xenofeen, Jan 04, 2021, 11:15:24 AM

Author
Lets talk "The Predator 2018" (Read 2,372 times)

xenofeen

xenofeen

Hi all,

I've been a fan of this site since AVP1 when I was in high school in Ireland, and only recently created an account due to the Predator 5 news YAY :) ...

So I want to know if Fox / Disney will ever release the test screening of "The Predator" instead of what was actually released in 2018! I have no good words for the movie and I'm kinda pissed at Shane Black for f*cking it up so much with one of my fav horror creatures and I know the studio interfered  >:( BTW is this movie considered cannon?

On a side note, I'm looking forward to Predator 5 - Disney would have only greenlit this movie if the budget was low and that to me is a good thing, Get back to the roots of what made the first movie so good! and the idea of a pred movie during the 1700s sounds like a step in the right direction for the Pred franchise to me.

Would love to know what you all think  ;D

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: xenofeen on Jan 04, 2021, 11:15:24 AM
Hi all,

I've been a fan of this site since AVP1 when I was in high school in Ireland, and only recently created an account due to the Predator 5 news YAY :) ...

So I want to know if Fox / Disney will ever release the test screening of "The Predator" instead of what was actually released in 2018! I have no good words for the movie and I'm kinda pissed at Shane Black for f*cking it up so much with one of my fav horror creatures and I know the studio interfered  >:( BTW is this movie considered cannon?

On a side note, I'm looking forward to Predator 5 - Disney would have only greenlit this movie if the budget was low and that to me is a good thing, Get back to the roots of what made the first movie so good! and the idea of a pred movie during the 1700s sounds like a step in the right direction for the Pred franchise to me.

This is cannon for now at least. Fox probably won't release the "first" cut of the movie, they have nothing to gain from that I think.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I suppose alot will depend on the success of the upcoming 'snyder cut' setting a precedent for such things. I think Black has said he would need at least a couple of mill to finish the vfx. If the new cut of JL is a success and leads to more of these types of projects, you never know. That being said, I think it would be extremely unlikely in the case of The Predator. Taking everything else out of the equation, I dont think Black himself would be interested in revisiting it given everything that happened.

SuperiorIronman

Hi all,

As far as I know there isn't plans to release it. And what's likely is that FX aren't finished though we do know that they did film a lot of it. It's to say that a lot of the original takes and Emissary footage is probably done but things like the menagerie probably aren't. If it gets released somehow it's probably going to come with the "*footage/FX not complete" label.

I don't think Shane or the other crew members would come back for it either. The studio screwed a lot of people on this movie following the test-screening so I can't imagine many would want to return for it. They also blew a ton of money on the reshoot so I'm of the opinion anyone that'd been involved with it just wants to put it behind them. They got screwed, the studio blew a ton of money for no reason, the film didn't do that well, and Disney is doing something else. I could see the unfinished footage come out or maybe an adaptation of it in comic form. Hunting Grounds would also be a way this version of the film can see the light of day. But I don't think we're ever going to see the full version of this movie like a Snyder-cut.

The events of The Predator are canonical. All 6 films (this includes crossovers) are canonical to the Predator film series. It also comes up briefly in Predator Hunting Grounds and is basically a chunk of the setup for the game. Basically the events of this film is why the OWLF are back. It might not get as much mention as Predator 2 but it is canon and like everything else in this series can be overlooked as needed.

Voodoo Magic

So I want to know if Fox / Disney will ever release the test screening of "The Predator" instead of what was actually released in 2018!

Im not suggesting there will be any impact by signing it, but there is a petition for this:

https://www.change.org/p/fox-release-the-shane-black-cut-of-the-predator-2018-with-the-emissary-predators

Highland

Highland

In the normal non covid situation I'd say the chances would be 0%, but now....anything goes really. It wouldn't surprise me if additional cuts made it out onto streaming services or whatever. Could not see them giving him anymore coin to finish it though so that's a problem.

xenofeen

xenofeen

Thanks for the input guys  ;D just wish they would do it and release that AvP anime that could be awesome. 

Voodoo Magic

Ugh, that AvP anime....

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

AVP anime? It better be done in the style of Blade Runner: Blackout 2022. gritty and realistic with intense fights between aliens and predators. Last thing I want to see is a bunch of aliens running at a predator while he stands there nonchalantly, and slowly pulls out his weapon and then *slash slash* *Dramatic pause* *Aliens stand still and then suddenly fall to pieces* keep that crap out of it and it might be decent.

Voodoo Magic

If they only just talked out their differences...

Kradan

Kradan

I guess, Aliens don't like crabators either

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed