[Exclusive/Spoilers] Here’s the First Concept Art From the FX Alien Series!

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 01, 2022, 05:26:18 PM

Author
[Exclusive/Spoilers] Here’s the First Concept Art From the FX Alien Series! (Read 36,926 times)

SiL

Quote from: RIP77 on Apr 26, 2023, 08:43:34 PMThis series is different from classic Alien.
Except they've said repeatedly they want to recreate the tone and feel and themes of the original movie.

So are they lying or is their understanding of the franchise just Titan publishing levels?

skhellter

it's early pitch art.. right? So i'm not stressing out too much over these. These were done before they actually hired a proper production designer. (and before Weta got involved)

As far as Wendy with the swords?
Ridley put martial arts in Covenant. Thank him.

Kradan

I mean, there's a chance sword wielder gets immediately slaughtered by a Xeno. One can hope

Also, David vs Walter ROCKS, thank you very much

SiL

That's the main character so no.

skhellter

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 26, 2023, 09:18:14 PMAlso, David vs Walter ROCKS, thank you very much

i love it.

while also admitting that the set design + choreography is just one song choice away from feeling like something in a Mortal Kombat movie tv show

RidgeTop

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 26, 2023, 09:12:30 PMit's early pitch art.. right? So i'm not stressing out too much over these. These were done before they actually hired a proper production designer. (and before Weta got involved)

These are by Weta. Produced in 2021.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Apr 26, 2023, 09:23:10 PMThat's the main character so no.

Dang it. Well, maybe at least severely injured. Glued-to-a-wheelchair kind of "injured" ? With disfigured face and everything

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 26, 2023, 09:39:56 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 26, 2023, 09:23:10 PMThat's the main character so no.

Dang it. Well, maybe at least severely injured. Glued-to-a-wheelchair kind of "injured" ? With disfigured face and everything

According to the leaks a while back,
Spoiler
Wendy is a human consciousness (Hermit's sister, actually) in an android body. So that disfigured face would likely yield a lot of milk...

This is why my mind just keeps going back to Alita when I look at that art piece.
[close]

Kradan

Spoiler
Android ninja ? Not too sure about that
[close]

[cancerblack]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I don't dislike it, per say, but I do think at the stage I'm at right now, I need to be sold on the actual execution of the Wendy idea/concept. 'Cause it's something that could definitely be interesting, but really could go either way.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Apr 26, 2023, 07:53:43 PMHey @Local Trouble  can you find that post of me saying that every new piece of news makes me lose interest I never even knew I still had?

Wendy with the swords may be the final nail in the coffin.

This?

Quote from: SiL on Apr 25, 2022, 10:16:02 PMIt finally happened.

I finally hit a point where there was no interest left to lose. I've hit rock bottom.

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 26, 2023, 09:56:05 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 26, 2023, 07:53:43 PMHey @Local Trouble  can you find that post of me saying that every new piece of news makes me lose interest I never even knew I still had?

Wendy with the swords may be the final nail in the coffin.

This?

Quote from: SiL on Apr 25, 2022, 10:16:02 PMIt finally happened.

I finally hit a point where there was no interest left to lose. I've hit rock bottom.
How naïve I was.

RIP77

RIP77

Quote from: SiL on Apr 26, 2023, 09:06:09 PM
Quote from: RIP77 on Apr 26, 2023, 08:43:34 PMThis series is different from classic Alien.
Except they've said repeatedly they want to recreate the tone and feel and themes of the original movie.

So are they lying or is their understanding of the franchise just Titan publishing levels?

The interviews I read didn't say that.

A part will be Alien79  becose are 8h  so they don't lie but they don't tell the whole truth. Is compatible becose are 8h.Imagine one capitule only terror/horror in typical Alien scenario as a base. BUT more capitules, more styles .

They said that there would be Alien and terror but it is a series where they will touch on more themes and approaches.

They said that they cannot depend ONLY on the Alien in 8h. Is not movie.

The producers will sell that it is terror and faithful to Alien but Noah is clear that he is going his way. And seeing what has come out and is known...

Local Trouble

God, I can't wait for this. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed