Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 213,309 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: TC on Dec 20, 2020, 03:22:42 AM
Legion might provide some insight. I don't know the show, but I understand it's an out-of-canon New Mutants story. There seems to be some debate about the degree to which it respects the original comic universe, and conversely, whether or not it has any impact on it.

Same with Fargo, really. The show is "inspired" by the movie, and doesn't reference the original characters or plot in any way. So once again, you could consider it out-of-canon.

If this is the way Hawley always goes about creating adaptations, it has obvious ramifications to Alien.

TC

I saw the series, and while I am not a great connoisseur of the comics, I don't think it has anything to do with the New Mutans.

Noah's superhero TV show is an experimental take on Legion, AKA David Charles Haller; Charles Xavier's son.

It's as retro dystopian as A Clockwork Orange and as psychedelic as this Pink Floyd video.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

David Haller appeared in The New Mutants originally before Legion or X-Men, but otherwise, yes true.

Immortan Jonesy

Thanks for the heads up  ;D

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Any time, primarily as the creation of Bill Sienkiewicz and Chris Claremont, worthy of note the former also actually created art for the adaptation and the other briefly directly wrote for it.

Immortan Jonesy

Stunning fact. I'm thoroughly enlightened today. The music was dope too.

Kradan

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Dec 20, 2020, 01:49:20 AM
And don't be like The Predator either.

Looking at you kid with autism plot convenience syndrome.

>:(

Spoiler
:D
[close]

Necronomicon II

I need my mind wiped of The Predator.

Kradan

There's always possibility to hit lower

Necronomicon II

Aliens with high functioning autism.

Ronoc

This 'set in the near future' stuff just sounds like finding a way to have androids in a contemporary earth setting.
It better not just be another Weyland-Yutani story, or an alien origin story. I can't understand any efforts to make the Alien less 'alien' by tying it to humans.
The title of the 1979 movie meant more than just a creature. It alluded to the unknown, and the unknowable. I hope they won't be trampling all over that aspect of it again.

Voodoo Magic

Watch it take place in the 2100s and the producers explain that in context of a million years from now, it's near! ;D

skhellter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 19, 2020, 12:39:46 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2020, 01:02:37 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Dec 16, 2020, 12:16:24 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2020, 09:59:13 AM
Given Ridley's involvement, I would expect it would.

Is his involvement even seriously confirmed?
In the presentation they said Noah would work alongside Ridley
but in the trades after the presentation most of them said Ridley was still in "talks" to produce the show.

To our understanding, yes, Ridley is 100% signed on. The show didn't actually start active development until after that.

I retract this. It's still talks.

[Interest wanes]

SiL

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 20, 2020, 02:22:58 PM
Watch it take place in the 2100s and the producers explain that in context of a million years from now, it's near! ;D
That's still too early.

Nightmare Asylum

Yep. It'd have to be very late 2100s or, more likely, somewhere in the 2200s or beyond, for the Earth setting to make much sense at all.

And even that already requires pretty much discounting Resurrection...

David Weyland

David Weyland

I dunno I'd be stoked to have a tv series that interweaves with the prequel story personally, might be a method of exorcising some of the hate

Or the other cool thing to do would be to have completely individual stories per episode from all over the Alien timeline that connect with the films

Both achievable Earth settings

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed