Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce

Started by MudButt, Feb 09, 2024, 06:03:51 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce (Read 25,254 times)

MudButt

MudButt

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/new-predator-movie-badlands-1235820958/

QuoteFilmmaker Dan Trachtenberg and 20th Century Studios are going hunting again.

Trachtenberg, who earned an Emmy nomination for his 2022 Predator movie Prey, is returning to the sci-fi action horror franchise to make a new installment.

Titled Badlands, the new Predator feature is not a sequel to Prey, which was set in 1719 and centered on a young Comanche woman forced to fight for survival against the intergalactic hunters, but rather a brand new story. Plot details are being kept secret but this one is said to be set sometime in the future. Like Prey, however, it too will feature a female lead.

QuoteWhen Prey premiered in the summer of 2022, It not only broke streaming records for Hulu but earned some of the best reviews in the franchise's history the culminated in a nomination for best movie at this years Emmys. Since that successful relaunch, 20th Century is looking to not just move forward with another film but expand on a universe with Trachtenberg spearheading it.

Sources say while it is still in early development, a Prey 2 is still in the works that would return to the films original setting and with the films star, Amber Midthunder, potentially returning. Sources stress no talent is attached to that film but the interesting element is that even though there has been seven films featuring the infamous alien, there has never been an instance where the star of a previous film has returned to reprise their role

MudButt

Badlands and also potentially Prey 2  8)

Nightmare Asylum

Yep, article says this isn't the only Predator project in development.

Man, a future set-Predator. Yes, please. If it's on Earth, I hope for something a bit more Mad Max and less Blade Runner but...lemme see what you got, Trachtenberg. I'm here for the ride. 8)

MudButt

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 09, 2024, 06:12:46 PMYep, article says this isn't the only Predator project in development.

Man, a future set-Predator. Yes, please. If it's on Earth, I hope for something a bit more Mad Max and less Blade Runner but...lemme see what you got, Trachtenberg. I'm here for the ride. 8)

It's so funny.. this morning the news broke that David Leitch's discussions for the new Jurassic movie fell apart and I was saying they should hire Dan Trachtenberg to do it. Of course.. minutes later he's announced to be working on 2 new Predator movies  :laugh:

While my Jurassic hopes are squandered.. I will happily accept TWO more Predator movies from this man.

Doomofman

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Thinking a bit about Dane Hallett's post from a few months ago about wanting to get on board the new Predator project and now, knowing that Badlands is set in the future, that seems to put it even more up his alley. Get him on board to design the Predator's kit; mask, weaponry, etc.

Kailem

Kailem

"Badlands isn't the only Predator project in the works. The surprise success of Prey crossed from critics to audiences and reinvigorated the franchise. Now the studio is planning a host of Predator projects, with Trachtenberg at the center."

More than just this new movie! Predator is officially back, baby! ;D

EDIT: AND it says Prey 2 is also in the works, separate from Badlands! :o TWO new Predator films are in the works!!

The Hollywood Reporter's version of the article also says that Badlands is going to be set at some point in the future and feature another female lead.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/new-predator-movie-badlands-1235820958/

Whos_Nick

THR says it's set sometime in the future that's exciting

Mike’s Monsters

We are eating good, folks, real good.

RIP77

My English is bad... ;D

Future with respect to PREY (post- PREY, western in 1870 for example).  OR Future Scfi ( western post-apocaliptic maybe)???.

Darkoo

426Buddy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed