Sneak Peak at a Creature from Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2016, 01:22:37 PM

Author
Sneak Peak at a Creature from Alien: Covenant! (Read 33,275 times)

Corporal Hicks

We now have a sneak peak at a creature from Alien: Covenant! The Alien social media pages continue to share more snippets of Alien: Covenant. In this latest update, we’re taken behind the scenes and given a brief look at the hand of one of the creatures in Alien: Covenant with the caption “Where it all begins.

Like the original H.R Giger Alien it would appear that this hand has 6 fingers.  The sculpt in the foreground only appears to have 5 fingers but that’s because the extra finger is obscured by the sculptors hand. On the hand is the background you can clearly see 6 fingers, 2 of which are joined together.

Sneak peak at a creature from Alien: Covenant!

Sneak peak at a creature from Alien: Covenant!

However, the lack of biomechanical detailing might mean this isn’t the Alien but something else instead. Are we looking at an adult Deacon? Or something else entirely? We’ll find out soon enough. What do you think of our first look at the direction of the creature design for Alien: Covenant?

Alien³

Very exciting stuff!

The Alien Predator

That looks amazing. Great find, Hicks!

Corporal Hicks

It's not the most exciting first look but I'm glad to finally see something of the creature design! I like the slender look of the fingers. Assuming this is an Alien, glad to see the floppy hands of the later films has gone.

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jul 06, 2016, 01:30:44 PM
Great find, Hicks!

This one will be all over social media in no time. It came from their official channels.

locusta

No, no, no! If this should be an Alien hand, I am out!

Corporal Hicks

There's some artwork on the table too but can't really make it out.

Ultramorph

Maybe we'll be seeing an adult Deacon after all.  :)

T Dog

Looks like it's for a Deacon/Ultramorph no?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 06, 2016, 01:38:09 PM
Maybe we'll be seeing an adult Deacon after all.  :)

Similar minimalist detailing.

Ultramorph

I was worried it was taken out of the comics for no reason, but this is promising.

Corporal Hicks

Also, I hereby name this creature Stanley (stolen from someone on Reddit).

T Dog

I for one am glad they are owning what they created for Prometheus and are hopefully pushing forward into all those amazing unused concept designs!

Corporal Hicks

The lack of biomechanical detailing would make me think it's not the Alien. Though it is just a WIP so that might still be coming.

SuicideDoors

I'm counting 5 fingers on the deacon, this video has 6. Looks like two digits are joint, then 3 elongated fingers and a thumb.

Could be big chap

Scorpio

I don't think that's the Deacon or the classic Giger Xenomorph.  Probably another proto-morph, like the Deacon, though.

Remember what Ridley Scott said:

"Well, really it's "Alien." They're going to go to the planet where the engineers came from, and come across the evolving creature that they had made. Why did they make it? Why would they make such a terrifying beast? It felt bio-mechanoid, it felt like a weapon. And so the movie will explain that, and reintroduce the alien back into it."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed