Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 142,762 times)

iain

The neo looks amazing!

Hard-R

Hard-R

As some of the later test screenings had this scene removed, perhaps some of the original feedback (from earlier tests) were negative towards the look of the engineers.
In my opinion, that one shot sticks out like a sore thumb.
I know it's been said before but they look too much like extras from 'The next Generation'.
Considering how exquisite the rest of that scene looks - the engineers could benefit from some CGI enhancements.

fernandito

Quote from: acidreign on Apr 16, 2017, 11:49:23 PM
We don't know that they're one and done though!

I mean if David has escaped from Paradise at the end of Covenant (as indicated by test screening leaks) and is truly responsible for the existence of the aliens as we know them, then these prequels are going to have explain the LV-426 derelict. And if we're still going to do that we have to involve the Engineers and/or their technology somehow.

There's so much we don't know. It's getting ridiculous how presumptuous some of us are being. I think in this age of instant access to leaks and rumors we get a false sense of omnipotence and start thinking we can peer directly into the Scott Free production offices.

And some of us get bitter when the series goes in a different direction than the one we pictured in our head and consequently start assuming the absolute worst about everything. It gets suffocating and toxic after a while.

And the kicker is that none of us has even seen the finished movie yet!
Fans come to speak freely in their little corner of the internet about their favourite monsters/films and share their ideas and opinions on it, and make their assumptions and theories as well. It's the same everywhere, in star wars forums, star trek etc

What's wrong wtih that?. You look so offended

Infected

Quote from: Hard-R on Apr 17, 2017, 06:59:44 AM
An Engineer hat / baseball cap?  :o
Thats the same hat, the away team has when it lands.

Time travel confirmed!!!!

DrumZ

Bravo !!
I didn't notice it !
Doesn't look like Shaw or no other lead cast ... Quite strange indeed ... Who is it ?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 17, 2017, 04:54:56 AM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 04:38:04 AM
The crew calls them 'deadgineers'. The planet is the Engineers' homeworld.

Do you have a link or anything for "deadgineers" and the planet being designated as the home world of the Engineers from Prometheus?

I've heard this from my own intel.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 17, 2017, 02:32:36 AM
But wasn't there all kinds of different pitches from writers for a Prometheus 2? I remember reading a report on this site where there were going to be ten David's in the movie. I think Michael Fassbender was quoted as saying this.

By all accounts they were really struggling to find a location to go with the sequel after Lindelof unboarded. There had been talk from both Spaihts and Lindelof about ideas for a sequel but still seems they struggled with a direction for a while. From the couple of comments from Logan, it sounds like it was him coming aboard that helped them move forward.

zoidy

Quote from: Barak-Har on Apr 17, 2017, 05:11:03 AM
I doubt the hooded figures were seeding earth -- it's far too unbelievable for Scott to have thrown away the entire theory of evolution just for a plot point. It would be unforgivable.  Evolution is a theory with as many doubters among scientists as the theory that the earth revolves around the sun.
The point of Prometheus was we WERE seeded by the engineers, hence the DNA match. I'm not sure how you think that's not what Scott intended?

shawsbaby

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 04:30:01 AM
Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 17, 2017, 04:15:12 AM
Why are people continually saying throughout this entire thread that the humanoids we see in the article are the same as the Engineers from Prometheus?

Because according to the actual filmmakers they are the Engineers.

They changed the makeup a little. That's all. Sorry.

And honestly they probably just had a production meeting where someone suggested it would be more interesting to alter their look a bit to spark some intrigue, everyone agreed, and that's what happened. It would have been easy enough to reuse the same makeup/CGI technique on them.

Infected

They look like white Klingons who got their balls cut off.

locusta

locusta

Anybody else thinks the burster is semi transparent? Look the upheld arm.

Le Celticant

They don't appear to be engineer.
Ridley since prometheus seems to want to tell what's the "beauty of creation".
It's striking how in Prometheus David & the Engineer seems model on the idea of beauty.
They are way too neat and well thought.
Even the old engineer in the deleted scene. They have variations in their face but keep the very clear neat white color on a greek statue look.
There it seems like the civilization is grotesque, much like human being with a lot of alteration and differences within the same specie.
It's pretty much the opposite of what both David (android) and Engineers are so far.

If I had to bet, we'll see what a Civilization that hasn't betrayed the Engineer like the human did look like.
And we probably gonna learn not more of what are the engineers but what were there plans.
Probably dark and terrible.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 17, 2017, 11:25:30 AM
They don't appear to be engineer.

For the nineteenth time: They are.

Quote from: zoidy on Apr 17, 2017, 10:41:11 AM
Quote from: Barak-Har on Apr 17, 2017, 05:11:03 AM
I doubt the hooded figures were seeding earth -- it's far too unbelievable for Scott to have thrown away the entire theory of evolution just for a plot point. It would be unforgivable.  Evolution is a theory with as many doubters among scientists as the theory that the earth revolves around the sun.
The point of Prometheus was we WERE seeded by the engineers, hence the DNA match. I'm not sure how you think that's not what Scott intended?

I think people keep trying to find ways around this in their heads because they just can't accept that this is it for the legendary space jockey. Yes, the Engineer is the space jockey, yes, David has apparently killed off all the space jockeys between movies because Ridley got bored with it and wanted to go back to the alien. I don't particularly like it myself but that's the reality we are dealing with here.

It's a business calculation on his part. It's done. I feel like once the movie's out people will still be saying 'but that wasn't really the end of the space jockeys! I suspect we'll see the real ones in the next movie...'

Evanus

Yeah, sadly they are engineers.  :(

I hope they explain why they look so different, but I doubt it.

Infected

They are engineers, as you can see in the head room in Prometheus the big head also has that nosebone structure.
I still think these are politicians, and leaders, they dont want any biological stuff near them, its all like a Roman city, just keeping it sexy.

Valaquen

Looks like headgear from Azrach.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed