Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 142,734 times)

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 17, 2017, 04:15:12 AM
Why are people continually saying throughout this entire thread that the humanoids we see in the article are the same as the Engineers from Prometheus?

Because according to the actual filmmakers they are the Engineers.

They changed the makeup a little. That's all. Sorry.

GrimmVision

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 04:30:01 AM
Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 17, 2017, 04:15:12 AM
Why are people continually saying throughout this entire thread that the humanoids we see in the article are the same as the Engineers from Prometheus?

Because according to the actual filmmakers they are the Engineers.

They changed the makeup a little. That's all. Sorry.

Where exactly can I read that the crew says they're the same as the Engineers from Prometheus?

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 17, 2017, 04:35:09 AM
Where exactly can I read that the crew says they're the same as the Engineers from Prometheus?

The crew calls them 'deadgineers'. The planet is the Engineers' homeworld.

GrimmVision

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 04:38:04 AM
The crew calls them 'deadgineers'. The planet is the Engineers' homeworld.

Do you have a link or anything for "deadgineers" and the planet being designated as the home world of the Engineers from Prometheus?

Whos_Nick

These are the Engineers...

Barak-Har

I doubt the hooded figures were seeding earth -- it's far too unbelievable for Scott to have thrown away the entire theory of evolution just for a plot point. It would be unforgivable.  Evolution is a theory with as many doubters among scientists as the theory that the earth revolves around the sun.

GrimmVision

Quote from: Barak-Har on Apr 17, 2017, 05:11:03 AM
I doubt the hooded figures were seeding earth -- it's far too unbelievable for Scott to have thrown away the entire theory of evolution just for a plot point. It would be unforgivable.  Evolution is a theory with as many doubters among scientists as the theory that the earth revolves around the sun.

Evolution and the seeding theory can co-exist.

MajorB

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 17, 2017, 05:22:27 AM
Quote from: Barak-Har on Apr 17, 2017, 05:11:03 AM

Evolution and the seeding theory can co-exist.

Especially since the Alien franchise is a work of fiction, centered around a fantastical biomechanical penis monster.

Huggs

Alright, C'mon, Keep it going. This is rumor control. At precisely 0800 hours, a 4th generation military craft, piloted by an unknown number of entities, entered our atmosphere. At precisely 0800 hours and 30 seconds, the craft launched an aerial bombardment on our 5th annual fellowship breakfast. The entities...are...hostile. We expect the ordinance to impact momentarily. Once again, this has been "Rumor Control".  ;)

On a serious note, the neomorph looks terrifying. The main picture of the Alien in what appears to be a ventilation shaft of some kind is beautiful, and I sincerely hope it's a scene that appears in the film and not just the advertising campaign. The engineers, if that's what they are in this film, do look a bit goofy. They've got that whole "peanut allergy" look going on there. There really seems to be a lot more meat to this film than I expected, and I'm interested to see how Ridley and crew will blend all of these pieces together.

juxtapose

i am not worried that these engineers look different. .cause they are different. .a different part of their species. .like they have their milatary type and their civilian type and i am sure they have many homeworlds. . Why should this be the only one?

windebieste

Castes?  Maybe...

There's still too many questions to ask with no real answers until the movie comes out - and then that's going to be just the start of even more questions.

People who want easy answers from here on might like to check out before they're disappointed even further.  Scott is using the 'ALIEN' property to embrace the ideologies and principles that he has left over from his massive career.  He's more interested in packing these movies with his intellectual 'last hurrah' and philosophical concerns & symbolism before he retires.  ...or dies.  Which ever comes first.

-Windebieste.

Huggs

I agree, there most likely are several homeworlds, or at least, installations. And I'm starting to suspect that screaming engineer is actually Ron Perlman.

Hard-R

Hard-R

An Engineer hat / baseball cap?  :o

GrimmVision

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 17, 2017, 06:58:47 AM
And I'm starting to suspect that screaming engineer is actually Ron Perlman.

acidreign

Quote from: juxtapose on Apr 17, 2017, 06:47:25 AM
i am not worried that these engineers look different. .cause they are different. .a different part of their species. .like they have their milatary type and their civilian type and i am sure they have many homeworlds. . Why should this be the only one?

Yeah, exactly. We know next to nothing about the Engineers and there's no reason to think they wouldn't be as diverse as humans are.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed