Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 142,741 times)

echobbase79

The picture of David
Spoiler
bombing the Engineer City
[close]
reminds me of the line he says from Prometheus:

"Sometimes to create, one must first destroy."

Anthony

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 15, 2017, 10:17:29 PM

The picture of David
Spoiler
[close]

"To create, one must first destroy."
*in whisper voice*

F O R E S H A D O W I N G
O
R
E
S
H
A
D
O
W
I
N
G

echobbase79

Quote from: Anthony on Apr 15, 2017, 10:19:04 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 15, 2017, 10:17:29 PM

The picture of David
Spoiler
[close]

"To create, one must first destroy."
*in whisper voice*

F O R E S H A D O W I N G
O
R
E
S
H
A
D
O
W
I
N
G

I liked the way you typed that.  ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 15, 2017, 10:08:02 PM
Yeah, but look at all that make up on his face! Looks much better than those boring bald dudes in Covenant, right?!

They do look better in Prometheus, but in all likelihood we're still just looking at the same Engineer faction.

Might be due to budget and time limitations. On Prometheus they only had to do make-up on a handful of actors, in Covenant they had 30 - 50 Engineer extras.

Evanus

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 15, 2017, 10:24:20 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Apr 15, 2017, 10:08:02 PM
Yeah, but look at all that make up on his face! Looks much better than those boring bald dudes in Covenant, right?!

They do look better in Prometheus, but in all likelihood we're still just looking at the same Engineer faction.

Might be due to budget and time limitations. On Prometheus they only had to do make-up on a handful of actors, in Covenant they had 30 - 50 Engineer extras.
Yep, you're probably right. And if so, it's a shame they couldn't make them look as good. I was looking forward to seeing engineers again, and now they look like this.  :-[

Pigeon

Am I the only one who thinks this movie (and Prometheus), has just taken a cop-out direction by Ridley? Don't get me wrong, I'll watch the movie and accept it for where the series is going... But with a heavy heart!

The original Alien movie was just so intelligent... a super alien being, wiping out a crew, with a stealth and an anatomy/skill unlike anything known to mankind...  And the fact we knew so little about where it came from, with pieces thrown into the movie adding to the puzzle - the space jockey, spaceship, face hugger, eggs, etc... Was just so damn original and bloody brilliant from a story telling perspective.

However, an evolving new age story, hinging on a robot creating the alien, with the Engineers who are quite frankly pointless given where the story is going, has just made this whole movie timeline, change gear from original sci-fi horror, to Star Trek/TV sci-fi level trash. There's no originality behind it at all... Even Aliens will still be a superior movie, as the origin of the Alien is still not explained... And what Ridley has come up with, quite frankly is lame and disappointing.  They're doing a Star Wars - milking the series for as much money as possible!  It's just so disappointing. 

cliffhanger

From what i'm seeing, i'm taking that the 'engineers' are the guys we saw in LV-223.
These guys look different, and less 'advanced', though we clearly see a metropolitan skyscraper city with some advanced stuff.

I'm bound to assume that these humanoids that 'stayed' on the planet are a bit anti-technology somewhat. Like that something once happened, and they decided for saving their species/culture/whatever they mandated that the 'crazy stuff' must happen on an isolated location, hence the 'engineers' going to lv-223. Simply civilians from that planet that went into space and advanced from there, hence why the 'engineers' look different; perhaps even born in space or atleast affected by their 'other' environment.

as for the gigantic 'disc-shape' area in the middle of town, with the hole in the middle that looks a lot like the shape the ground opened up in in prometheus when the juggernaut took off - it could very well be the landing 'platform' for the giant saucer we saw in prometheus' introduction.

that was a absolutely massive disc-shaped flying saucer and it could land there. perhaps the pillars are actually to 'rest' upon, who knows.

Stanley

Stanley

Floor hole in the Pyramid in Prometheus.   Not my words, that is what Charlie said as he was about to remove his helmet.  See why it reminds me of the hole in the middle of the Engineer's city?

Ok this is when Fifield and Milburn are told by Janek that something pinged as alive, which upset them. 

Note the vertical chimney and a spherical space with the equator zone walkable.   I guess the upper area is the ceiling where the chimney resides.   And the lower hemisphere holds water beneath them, or something more?   Worth keeping in mind in case we learn related details about the Engineer's city in AC.   As in the hole in the center of the Engineer's square in the middle of their city.

Another thing I noticed is that the shape of the hallways is similar to that of the Juggernaut as well as some spaces the Xenomorphs "develop".  They all look like they were grown. 

rabidranger

Yeah, it looks like ship (s) come out of the opening in the large circular space. Really cool set piece. Interesting response by the neanderneers. Most look confused with the exception of the one dude who looks pissed. So, do the two ships that we see in that pic join together?

newagescamartist

The images of the full grown xeno and the neomorph look practical. It's so hard to tell nowadays especially by still photographs, but if that neomorph is cgi I tip my cap to the artists. That looks real to my eyes.

NickisSmart

It looks real to me, too.

My thoughts on this piece, and the pages:

rabidranger

That's quote a Walgreens haul in the background.  Lol.

Stanley

Stanley

Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 16, 2017, 01:15:44 AM
Yeah, it looks like ship (s) come out of the opening in the large circular space. Really cool set piece. Interesting response by the neanderneers. Most look confused with the exception of the one dude who looks pissed. So, do the two ships that we see in that pic join together?

In my view if the circular area with a hole in the middle is not related to terraforming, then it is a base for the ships.   The hole in the middle can fit a Juggernaut perhaps?  Hard to say, since it is hard to tell scale.  Is the juggernaut close or far away?  The C-ship?  C could be as large as the open area or may have just popped out of the central hole / port.   How does it relate to the open zone...if it resides there, then why above ground and what about the Disc ships?

If so then the circular area is huge and since it is kept empty, maybe the whole thing can open up large enough for the really large Disc Ship seen in the beginning of Prometheus.  It will be obvious once we see things in motion in the film. 

rabidranger

Quote from: Stanley on Apr 16, 2017, 01:45:18 AM
Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 16, 2017, 01:15:44 AM

In my view if the circular area with a hole in the middle is not related to terraforming, then it is a base for the ships.   The hole in the middle can fit a Juggernaut perhaps?  Hard to say, since it is hard to tell scale.  Is the juggernaut close or far away?  The C-ship?  C could be as large as the open area or may have just popped out of the central hole / port.   How does it relate to the open zone...if it resides there, then why above ground and what about the Disc ships?

If so then the circular area is huge and since it is kept empty, maybe the whole thing can open up large enough for the really large Disc Ship seen in the beginning of Prometheus.  It will be obvious once we see things in motion in the film.

I think this "city square" is massive. Certainly large enough for a juggernaut to take off from/land. There might be hundreds of thousands of Engineers in the area.

fiveways

The article was written long before they were probably provided the stills.  I assume at one point in the evolution of the movie they looked more like the traditional engineers we know from Prometheus (and got changed to being a race the engineers seeded rather than engineers themselves).  I think that scene probably got a fair degree of post-work down when they took it out of one of test screenings. 

I'm still wondering if this film is going to work.  It will look great, but it sounds like it was a bit of a mess to edit together and went through some heavy revising later on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed