David Attenborough visits LV-426 - Alien Fan Production

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 18, 2023, 07:51:10 PM

Author
David Attenborough visits LV-426 - Alien Fan Production (Read 5,362 times)

Corporal Hicks

Alien fan and animator Xing Republic (aka Henry Price) recently uploaded a brand new animated fan production to his YouTube channel, the brilliant David Attenborough visits LV-426! While Xing Republic might be best known to the Alien fandom for his upcoming animated project Alien: Vault of Heaven, he’s started to upload shorter animations in the meantime to keep Alien fans entertained!

Embark on an extraordinary journey into the depths of LV-426 with renowned naturalist David Attenborough as he leads a daring exploration team to uncover the enigmatic secrets of this alien world. Witness the wonders of advanced technology, encounter otherworldly landscapes, and delve into the mysteries that lie hidden in the farthest reaches of the cosmos.

After you’ve watched David Attenborough visits LV-426, be sure to also head on over to Xing Republic‘s YouTube channel and check out his other animated productions! Thanks to SpecialOrder935 for the heads-up!

Keep your browsers locked on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Darkness

Did they really get Attenborough to do voiceover or is it using voice stuff from previous footage?

He's a legend isn't he. I've still got Frozen Planet to watch.

Corporal Hicks

It's AI generated.

El Diablo

That was awesome. Very well done.

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 19, 2023, 05:24:13 AMIt's AI generated.

Cripes. It's amazing what you can do with AI nowadays.

oduodu

11 out  of 10.

excellent

anybody knows his work process?

Corporal Hicks

If you've anything specific to ask, we're chatting to him tonight as the first part of what I hope to be a series highlighting fans working on fan productions.

Immortan Jonesy

Wow :o  some really cool stuff

The Shuriken

An interesting idea. But is it ethical to use his voice if he's not (I assume) being compensated?

SiL

If it's ai trained on his voice without his permission, absolutely - and against TOC of most of those programs.

If it's an impersonator or carefully edited, fair game.

Eal

Quote from: SiL on Jun 21, 2023, 11:20:13 AMIf it's ai trained on his voice without his permission, absolutely - and against TOC of most of those programs.

If it's an impersonator or carefully edited, fair game.

This could definitely be a copyright issue. It's not edited, it even sounds like Elevenlabs, actually. If you've used Elevenlabs or any subscription-based AI voice services, you can edit voices, though you're liable to be sued afaik if you ever try to use them. I dunno if anything will actually be done. Maybe it'll be allowed as long as there's an agreement reached and so long as D.A. gets a cut, or his estate gets the money. It's still technically his specific, individual voice-patterns that the AI is copying, so that'd make sense.

SiL

I use Elevenlabs for my work sometimes. They explicitly say not to do what they've done.

Perfect-Organism

That's hilarious, that is!  My word!

oduodu

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 19, 2023, 12:57:45 PMIf you've anything specific to ask, we're chatting to him tonight as the first part of what I hope to be a series highlighting fans working on fan productions.

sorry corporal

didnt read that properly.

just curious as to how the ai actually makes the video. online service or a downloadable app etc etc.  thanks for asking. is it going to be a podcast?

again ty

SiL

AI doesn't make the video, just the voice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed