Weaver and Blomkamp on Alien 5

Started by shakermakerman, Feb 26, 2015, 09:12:49 PM

Author
Weaver and Blomkamp on Alien 5 (Read 62,968 times)

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 05:05:09 PM
Anything that attempts to continue from Resurrection is doomed from the start

Only for people who have no creativity.  Honestly I cant believe people are even considering this as remotely acceptable for this franchise.  Disregarding half the series?! its insane.

and there is no "Good riddance." -because this film is happening, FOX came to him for Christ's sake. This film is happening, whether you like it or not.

Halo got a lot further then this film before everything fell apart...

Mike

Mike

Alien Aliens New Alien

Alien Aliens Alien 3 AR

Just a alternate timeline were we can see if another situation took place. Which is very cool. Fans are the canon. That's the awsome part.  And what's even more awsome is that there's a New Alien movie in development! I'm excited!! Alien Rocks!! And is Badass!!! This movie is going to be insane!!! This is just Awsome!

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 27, 2015, 05:08:45 PM

Only for people who have no creativity.  Honestly I cant believe people are even considering this as remotely acceptable for this franchise.  Disregarding half the series?! its insane.

and there is no "Good riddance." -because this film is happening, FOX came to him for Christ's sake. This film is happening, whether you like it or not.

Halo got a lot further then this film before everything fell apart...

Halo was originally to be directed by Peter Jackson, whom after LOTR backed out of a lot of projects- then Blomkamp was thrown into the mix but as I said FOX came to him, this is a completely different set of circumstances.

Look, I love Alien, Aliens & Alien³.
But the place that Alien³ left us was a place that either Ripley's sacrifice becomes meaningless or you go the dystopian (& Dull)  world of Alien: Resurrection with A:R style Aliens. Neither of these the fans want.

So Neill has an idea that will not make Alien³ meaningless, but will not continue from where it left us- simple as that.
His alternate sequel that opens up a whole world of new options.

Even if it's terrible you have nothing to lose, at the very least it can't possibly be worse than what AVP & A:R did to the franchise.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 05:21:01 PM
Halo was originally to be directed by Peter Jackson, whom after LOTR backed out of a lot of projects- then Blomkamp was thrown into the mix but as I said FOX came to him, this is a completely different set of circumstances.

But the place that Alien³ left us was a place that either Ripley's sacrifice becomes meaningless or you go the dystopian (& Dull)  world of Alien: Resurrection with A:R style Aliens. Neither of these the fans want.

So Neill has an idea that will not make Alien³ meaningless, but will not continue from where it left us- simple as that.

Even if it's terrible you have nothing to lose, at the very least it can't possibly be worse than what AVP & A:R did to the franchise.

It was only dull because we did not see much of it and don't know much about (tbh, we really know very little about the Alien universe in general).  In my own opinion, the repetitive Marine/Alien/Predator video games we've seen over the years have made the period around Aliens seem dull.

predxeno

predxeno

If you look at the Star Wars franchise, they disregarded SO much after their whole "Legends" revelation, and it's not like AVP fans aren't doing the same thing with this franchise.  Fandom has opened the door for a GREAT monster, and that monster is called Retcon.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 27, 2015, 05:36:33 PM
If you look at the Star Wars franchise, they disregarded SO much after their whole "Legends" revelation, and it's not like AVP fans aren't doing the same thing with this franchise.  Fandom has opened the door for a GREAT monster, and that monster is called Retcon.

We don't know what this film will do to current continuity but assuming it doesn't go the retcon route and render Alien 3 and Resurrection as bad hyperspace dreams, and it does what Godzilla 1985 did and establish a new continuity-- then we could be looking at a multiverse or alternate timeline. Not necessarily a retcon. Though were on the multiverse train with me, man.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Feb 27, 2015, 05:29:00 PM

It was only dull because we did not see much of it and don't know much about (tbh, we really know very little about the Alien universe in general).  In my own opinion, the repetitive Marine/Alien/Predator video games we've seen over the years have made the period around Aliens seem dull.

I disagree (But then I thought of most of it as corny garbage I immediately disregarded anyway.) Resurrection presented a universe that was essentially broken beyond repair, where the United Systems try to control the Xenomorph- it was cartoony and yet dead at the same time.

Alien³

Alien³

But the place that Alien³ left us was a place that either Ripley's sacrifice becomes meaningless or...

Her death in Alien 3 was anything but meaningless.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 27, 2015, 05:40:41 PM
But the place that Alien³ left us was a place that either Ripley's sacrifice becomes meaningless or...

Her death in Alien 3 was anything but meaningless.

No, it was meaningless IF there was to be an Alien V where the monsters returned in that continuity.

Born Of Cold Light

The difference with Star Wars was that what was disregarded was canon created by comics, games and novels, not movies.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Feb 27, 2015, 05:43:49 PM

The difference with Star Wars was that what was disregarded was canon created by comics, games and novels, not movies.

That microseries was also disregarded along with The Force Unleashed which presented some MAJOR revelations to the story; it didn't help that that was replaced kiddy Rebels, either. >:(

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 05:40:17 PM
Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Feb 27, 2015, 05:29:00 PM

I disagree (But then I thought of most of it as corny garbage I immediately disregarded anyway.) Resurrection presented a universe that was essentially broken beyond repair, where the United Systems try to control the Xenomorph- it was cartoony and yet dead at the same time.

We only saw a tiny, tiny fraction of that universe.  For all we know, human society outside of Earth might be flourishing in certain areas.  And what the USM was trying to do was no more ridiculous than what the Company was trying to achieve in the first three films.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

And so much should be disregarded, like AVP.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 27, 2015, 05:45:24 PM

That microseries was also disregarded along with The Force Unleashed which presented some MAJOR revelations to the story; it didn't help that that was replaced kiddy Rebels, either. >:(

Which microseries are you referring to (I've been out of the loop on SW EU for a few years now)?  As for TFU, yes it was a major plot point but again it was just a game and not on the same level as the movies.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Feb 27, 2015, 05:47:56 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 27, 2015, 05:45:24 PM

Which microseries are you referring to (I've been out of the loop on SW EU for a few years now)?  As for TFU, yes it was a major plot point but again it was just a game and not on the same level as the movies.

Trust me, nothing of consequence.

The only good things out of the SW EU (KOTOR & KOTOR2) had already been ruined by SWTOR.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed