Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 833,608 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Glass spun her character off in a just plain odd direction, IMO, especially since the movie is set almost immediately after Split.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I rather liked Kevin and Casey's complicated connection. She's been abused all her life, and her experience with Kevin however horrific helped her. It gave her the courage to speak out and stop her torturous abuser and finally begin to heal. Now Casey wants to return the favor and help Kevin heal, understanding Kevin is also sick and a sad product of years at the hands of an abuser.

On a side note, the Mental Hospital used in Glass was really a closed down Mental Hospital thirty minutes away from me. So last Summer I visited it. It is gorgeous, yet creepy property.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 27, 2020, 02:10:37 PM
I rather liked Kevin and Casey's complicated connection. She's been abused all her life, and her experience with Kevin however horrific helped her. It gave her the courage to speak out and stop her torturous abuser and finally begin to heal. Now Casey wants to return the favor and help Kevin heal, understanding Kevin is also sick and a sad product of years at the hands of an abuser.

On a side note, the Mental Hospital used in Glass was really a closed down Mental Hospital thirty minutes away from me. So last Summer I visited it. It is gorgeous, yet creepy property.

And all that would have worked better if there had been more time between the movies than a few days.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 27, 2020, 02:19:28 PM

And all that would have worked better if there had been more time between the movies than a few days.

I believe Glass starts a few weeks after Split, not a few days. She's in a foster house now. She's finally returned to school getting all those stares. I get the preference for more time in between. I get that. But the fact that what occurred in Split is still fresh actually works better for me personally, as a grateful now healing parentless teenager is trying to sort it all out.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 27, 2020, 02:34:54 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 27, 2020, 02:19:28 PM

I believe Glass starts a few weeks after Split, not a few days. She's in a foster house now. She's finally returned to school getting all those stares. I get the preference for more time in between. I get that. But the fact that what occurred in Split is still fresh actually works better for me personally, as a grateful now healing parentless teenager is trying to sort it all out.

I thought it was a few weeks as well but maybe I'm wrong.
I do like that it was all still kind of fresh for her as well. Her connection with Kevin works for me too- great explanation on that!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Thanks!  :)

I found a quote from M.Night:

• "It's very close. It's a few weeks, 2-3 weeks after the events of Split have taken over. So, 15-16 years from the Unbreakable timeline on screen. So very direct connection to Split."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Out for Justice

"Motherf**ker you knocked my teeth out!"

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Definitely the best of the new trilogy. But if they'd planned all 3 they could have seeded more of Episode IX here

Prez

Prez

Terminator Dark Fate.
Spoiler
Second time I watched this - saw it during it's theatrical run (remember those? Cinemas?). Still an enjoyable film even if it's somewhat of a `Force Awakens' for Terminator. Once again I didn't care for MacKenzie's `Grace' as I would've probably just preferred Hamilton (who is excellent) and Arnie leading the defence. Gabby Luna really is menacing at the Rev-9.

With that all said it's just a re-run of a story idea that really should've ended with T2. I have no desire to see more series against a watered down Skynet in Legion.
[close]

Brzrkr

Brzrkr

Underwater

Enjoyable b-movie horror romp that wastes none of it's run time. I wish we got more of these.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 24, 2020, 01:33:50 AM
Trading Places

"He's under the table! Somebody go under there!"

Jamie Lee Curtis :-*

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Prez on Mar 28, 2020, 12:19:17 PM
Terminator Dark Fate.
Spoiler
Second time I watched this - saw it during it's theatrical run (remember those? Cinemas?). Still an enjoyable film even if it's somewhat of a `Force Awakens' for Terminator. Once again I didn't care for MacKenzie's `Grace' as I would've probably just preferred Hamilton (who is excellent) and Arnie leading the defence. Gabby Luna really is menacing at the Rev-9.

With that all said it's just a re-run of a story idea that really should've ended with T2. I have no desire to see more series against a watered down Skynet in Legion.
[close]

I liked it enough. It's pretty forgetable, though. What I can admire about the movie that it wasn't throwing Arnold in my face for almost two thirds of the movie and was trying to develop characters instead. And concept of Carl was pretty clever twist, IMO. Curtain jokes aside.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Jurassic Park III
Gets more enjoyable with each rewatch, but you can tell somewhat that the story was changed at some point

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 29, 2020, 09:21:42 AM
Quote from: Prez on Mar 28, 2020, 12:19:17 PM
Terminator Dark Fate.
Spoiler

[close]

I liked it enough. It's pretty forgetable, though. What I can admire about the movie that it wasn't throwing Arnold in my face for almost two thirds of the movie and was trying to develop characters instead. And concept of Carl was pretty clever twist, IMO. Curtain jokes aside.

It had some great ideas for sure and yes I loved the whole story arc around Carl too. One thing is for sure Arnie's T-800 and Patrick's T-1000 are still the most menacing by far. Especially in the factory at the end of the first film.

Huggs

Huggs

The Ladykillers

"His finga's are way the f**k up my nose!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed