Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 183,458 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 29, 2017, 11:06:13 AM
The Original Trilogy. My understanding is they don't own the un-altered stuff, that is still retained by Fox.

Yeah, A New Hope is owned by Fox in perpetuity. But Fox's distribution rights to Episodes I-III, V and VI will expire in 2020.

So essentially Disney currently only has the rights to make new Star Wars movies & other properties. They can't currently change or distribute anything from the prequel or original trilogy.

SM

Yeah Fox has some to claim to ANH,  but Lucas paid for all others out of his own pocket.

genocyber

If Disney buys Fox nothing much will really change. Fox Studios will still remain partially independant, but now have to hand offer a chunk of their earnings to Disney. Since Disney are very good with franchises I could see them taking the Alien and Predator franchises and rebooting them to have multiple movies planned out for an ongoing saga, with a bigger emphasis on action to recapture the magic of the original films.

Whos_Nick

I would welcome a reboot for alien and predator with a cinematic universe

Corporal Hicks

As long as David doesn't make the Alien...

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Despite being less cartoonish, the Alien-Predator cinematic universe is the closest thing to a live-action adaptation of one of my favorite video games of all time :laugh:

Spoiler
The Swarm

The Technologically Advanced Ancient Civilization

The Space Marines

The Hybrid Antiheroine

Another Hybrid Abomination

And More...

8)
[close]

Russ

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Dec 01, 2017, 03:36:02 AM
Despite being less cartoonish, the Alien-Predator cinematic universe is the closest thing to a live-action adaptation of one of my favorite video games of all time :laugh:

Spoiler
The Swarm

The Technologically Advanced Ancient Civilization

The Space Marines

The Hybrid Antiheroine

Another Hybrid Abomination

And More...

8)
[close]

Can you PM me a link to the thing in the spoiler.

RidgeTop

SM

Alien Vs Star Trek can go ahead then.

Corporal Hicks

Does Comcast own Paramount or CBS?

SM

Don't think so.  I mixed up Universal and Paramount.

Corporal Hicks

Fair enough. Apparently that was Scott's involvement that stalled that crossover, not any unwillingness on Paramount or CBS' part. Don't know if you know any better?

SM

Nah, don't have the faintest.

Richman678

Well let's be real here Disney wants the Marvel properties that Fox has so they will likely outbid anyone else.

However in regards to the Alien and Predator liscenses I would also bet Disney would sell those off. Can you guys name any Disney rated R franchises??? Cause i sure can't.

SM

As per page 1 of the thread, Disney has released adult oriented stuff via Touchstone and Miramax in the past.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed