Eternals (2021)

Started by Shasvre, Mar 05, 2019, 01:26:12 PM

Author
Eternals (2021) (Read 11,932 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Wish this was a bit more colorful, like Kirby's original art (maybe the big pink and blue starfish we just got in TSS spoiled me on that front? :D ) but I remain incredibly intrigued by what this one is going for. And given the well of inspiration this is pulling from, I'm still getting some Prometheus sensibilities from what I'm seeing here.

Also, still love that silly Dorito spaceship.

ace3g

ace3g

New TV spot

ace3g

ace3g

new TV spot

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The reviews aren't looking good.  Can't say I'm surprised.  I've been getting an Inhumans vibe from this since I saw the first teaser.

nanison

nanison

Where do these superheroes keep coming from? Isn't the well drying up already?
When I was a kid I only knew batman, superman, spiderman and the hulk and the latter wasn't known to me as a "hero".
I really had no idea the world had billions of people reading superhero comic books!

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: nanison on Oct 29, 2021, 06:08:55 PM
I really had no idea the world had billions of people reading superhero comic books!

Do you really need to read comics to watch MCU movies though ?

Samhain13

Samhain13

They just look like a bunch of actors doing cosplay of super heroes, trailer just made me laugh, can't be taken seriously.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I wonder if Kevin Feige still thinks it'll win Best Picture.

nanison

nanison

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 29, 2021, 07:30:05 PM
Quote from: nanison on Oct 29, 2021, 06:08:55 PM

Do you really need to read comics to watch MCU movies though ?

Well no but I assume you need some familiarity or affinity with these characters. I understand batman gets people to the cinemas but who the hell are the eternals or antman or venom yet they all appear to be superpopular. So I assume millions of people are familiar with them through comics?!

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

A good adaptation can stand on it's own.

Spider-Man's the biggest comic book character of all time next to Batman, does it really surprise you so much that a vicious anti-hero or villain mirror of him in Venom's also popular?

Hopefully the apathy towards The Eternals, can fast track more X-Men my way through, I want to see them just hanging out eating pizza up late so much god damn...

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 30, 2021, 04:35:01 AM
Hopefully the apathy towards The Eternals, can fast track more X-Men my way through, I want to see them just hanging out eating pizza up late so much god damn...

Wait, what ?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Sitting now at 60% with 119 reviews in, I wonder if Eternals will end up as the MCU's first Rotten Tomato.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed