Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 193,970 times)

Ultramorph

Another member here has said this, but I can't remember who: it was like DH wanted Colonial Marines to be a dark story about battle wearing down the Marines, with a heavy drug addiction story on top, but couldn't get away with it (whether because of the times or studio mandates), so it just wound up being really silly. I also remember reading that DH wanted it canceled basically from the first issue. You can definitely tell the places where new writers came in an basically said "forget all that!"

426Buddy

It will make for an interesting read for sure, things tile Colonial Marines must be cursed lol. Also i have newts tale coming so I'll have that amazing cover art to look forward to.

TheBATMAN

I've totally kept out of the loop with the comics since Fire and Stone ended. Can someone kindly post what is available and what the chronological order is?

Thanks in advance.

Corporal Hicks

I think Colonial Marines is best described as a story you acted out with Kenner figures when you were a kid.

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jul 01, 2016, 06:27:43 PM
I've totally kept out of the loop with the comics since Fire and Stone ended. Can someone kindly post what is available and what the chronological order is?

Thanks in advance.

After Fire and Stone we've got Defiance which is set well before it, just after Isolation. Life and Death is set a few years (irrc) after Fire and Stone.

Nostromo

Isn't Defiance set before Isolation? We also see Amanda Ripley working somewhere in issue 1 or 2 I believe?

Corporal Hicks

Amanda's appearance is a flashback.

SM

SM

Defiance is a few months after Isolation.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 01, 2016, 03:43:43 PM
I think most likely they got instruction from Fox to change direction at some point.  It was probably because of those ridiculous bug men, but I'm just speculating.  Who knows what sort of interesting tale they had planned before things went awry?

Maybe we can get a rewrite in the new canon ;)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Jul 02, 2016, 02:49:55 AMDefiance is a few months after Isolation.

Isn't it simultaneous? The first issue gives the date as December 14, 2137. According to the various logs in the game, its events take place over November and December 2137.

Ultramorph

Via Tristan's Twitter:
https://twitter.com/tyrannojones/status/749325505183281152

Probably just a warm-up, but still intriguing!

SM

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 02, 2016, 07:07:15 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 02, 2016, 02:49:55 AMDefiance is a few months after Isolation.

Isn't it simultaneous? The first issue gives the date as December 14, 2137. According to the various logs in the game, its events take place over November and December 2137.

It's Jan 2138 by the time they get to LV-44-40.

XenoZipper

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 02, 2016, 07:43:20 PM
Via Tristan's Twitter:
https://twitter.com/tyrannojones/status/749325505183281152

Probably just a warm-up, but still intriguing!

Is this an Alien with a Derelict Ship for a head? Please tell me that's not going to be a real thing. No offense to the artist as his other work is awesome but I don't want to see that become a real thing in the comic.

Ultramorph

The caption makes me think it's just something he did for fun, but who knows?

XenoZipper

One can only hope that's the case

Corporal Hicks

He's just having a mess around.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed